Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2015, 06:27 AM   #15

Check on any prescriptions. Be sure to have enough for the trip or know where and HOW to get refills on the road. Keep the original bottles in case you have to explain to local officials why you have a handful of unexplained pills.

If applicable, know the gun rules of the states you will travel through or to.

Enjoy and report back enroute.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #16

FWIW I ended up putting a ball valve in the main line after the meter shutoff. We throw it whenever we expect to be gone overnight. 30 gallons from the water heater is a mess. 3000 from a burst pipe is a disaster! ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:12 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Install RVPARKY, GASBUDDY and MY PILOT apps on your phone. Great for finding campgrounds and Walmarts and cheap fuel. Get a good GPS, like a Garmin 760 Dezl or RV, unless you like real adventure!
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I got my license plate tabs notification, They are due in Feb Never thought about those. Glad they sent me it. Come too think of it the toad might need them too. You not alone...
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #19

Thanks so much everyone. Here's a quick update:

1. I called our credit card companies and told them we'd be out of town. Thanks to those who suggested this!

2. Hubby is shutting the water off at the well and draining the holding tank.

3. Prescriptions are refilled and apparently CVS pharmacy is my friend.

4. We have two different sets of friends who will check on the house.

T minus 5 days!
threadbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like to me time to enjoy.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:02 AM   #21

If your getting a security system I would definately tie the sump pump into it along with installing a back up sump pump.
flatout427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #22

I would suggest joining FMCA. $40.00 per year, their FMCAssist program and the magazine are worth the membership, plus all the other benefits.
dbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #23

The big worry will be the sticks and bricks left behind. But sounds like you have that well covered from a back up generator system to friends that will check the house. I would ask the friends to pay particular attention when the power goes out in the area and if there is any heavy rain or snowfall. Don't know where you live in upstate NY, but as you well know, some winters can be terrible with snowfall amounts and you may need to have someone come and shovel off the roof. Good luck and have fun !
minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnow View Post
The big worry will be the sticks and bricks left behind. But sounds like you have that well covered from a back up generator system to friends that will check the house. I would ask the friends to pay particular attention when the power goes out in the area and if there is any heavy rain or snowfall. Don't know where you live in upstate NY, but as you well know, some winters can be terrible with snowfall amounts and you may need to have someone come and shovel off the roof. Good luck and have fun !
You are right! Fortunately, we have a roof with a steep pitch, so no more roof raking for us!

Our plow man has agreed to shovel an access path to the propane tank to keep that accessible. I'll think of him while we're in AZ.
threadbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:30 PM   #25

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you investigated who near home will service it?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent