Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2019, 04:09 PM   #15

Mice. Dirty little buggers.

Everything comes out. I mean everything. Hard items (e.g., silverware) would have to be cleaned before a trip as mice may have "fouled" them. Soft items (e.g., clothes) the mice turn into bedding.

We have sealed up what we can. Should traps in the coach prove, over the long haul, that we don't have mice, we'll consider leaving stuff in the coach between trips.

One bright side- There is an incentive not to take too much stuff.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH3rd View Post
Because our MH is moored in our back yard & connected to shore poawer from my shop, we have had "mouse" problems.

We now put everything that we leave in the MH into large bins with nice snap-on lids.
I met a couple at lazy days RV in Sefner Fl. They stored their motor home for the winter. In the spring they fired up the motor home and fried $ 18000.00 in electrical and electronics.
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #17

We stock it for travel. We have everything we need but your question is what we leave in the coach - all clothing we need is left in the coach - warm, cold (well not too cold) and wet weather gear - like a dupe of what you have in the S&B. Anything special we bring back in. I have a problem keeping the coach vs S&B clothes straight when we wash the last load after we get home.

As for food - as mentioned, anything perishable is brought into the S&B and used.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #18

We empty the fridge of perishables leave the fridge running for the condiments take the dirty laundry. We use the rig every other week end or so for almost 9 months a year.
Since your just setting up your r/v for the first time I would highly recommend getting a good first aid kit along with the band-aids and neosporin and don't open the kit until it's really needed (hopefully never) but you will find places where medical aid is more than a few minutes away and it's up to you to provide first aid.
2002guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:10 PM   #19

When we started camping I set it up just like our house. This year we went through everything & decided we only needed about half of what we had. We cut down to the minimum & haven’t missed anything.
tundranurse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:21 PM   #20

Everything stays..... Ours is hooked up and running 24/7/365. We pretty much stay in it now and by the end of the summer will be residing in it. The only thing we do in the S/B consistently now is shower. We are working on our storage solutions of what we have to have in the coach, and the only real reason for the showers was not having to dump tanks as often and now that isn't an issue as we are hoked to the house septic system. .
Old 04-27-2019, 05:17 AM   #21

We empty the refrigerator when we get back and clean it. Everything else stays in the coach. That way we can take off again on the spur of the moment, whenever we get the urge.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:02 AM   #22

That would depend on location and time of year. If I lived in hurricane country during storm season I would leave it pretty well stocked with everything but guns and money.

Bug out Bessy would be ready to roll!
Old 04-28-2019, 08:48 AM   #23

Thanks everyone, your info was helpful. I'm working on stocking it up now and we are finding air tight bins to store supplies in while we are not traveling.

Do you keep your electronics in the RV when not traveling? Like TV's, bluray players, GPS, ect?
Old 04-28-2019, 03:33 PM   #24

All my electronics stay.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:20 PM   #25

Here are some good packing lists. Of course, you don't need everything.... just depends on YOU, where you're going, etc.

As far as electronics - do you have a safe place to park it when not using it? That's the kind of stuff a thief would want. RVs are easy to break into.

https://www.campanda.com/magazine/rv...sts-printable/
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:46 PM   #26
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Living in Wisconsin. For the winter I remove anything liquid in a glass bottle. I also take out things like crackers critters may want and caned things that could explode during the winter.

Perishables are a no brainer. They all come out.

I keep basic camping cloths in the camper all the time.

So far so good.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:02 PM   #27

Leave it all and take pictures of the clothes in the closet on cell phone Put the whole silverware drawer in a large heavy plastic bag and seal it saves a lot of work cleaning if the critters get in .also put several buckets of damp rid out and spray for bugs.have a place in fla one on Cape Cod and western mass so far it has worked for many years.with out problems.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimfire7 View Post
Thanks everyone, your info was helpful. I'm working on stocking it up now and we are finding air tight bins to store supplies in while we are not traveling.

Do you keep your electronics in the RV when not traveling? Like TV's, bluray players, GPS, ect?
Our best source for those containers is the Container Store. I take my measurements for the space and I set the different ones in the floor and measure. They have a huge selection of types and sizes. They also have a line of drawer slide outs that can be installed. We are working towards full timing and having to maintain all of our stuff. Not that getting to everything will be "easy" but it will be in containers and accessible. Daily stuff is stacked closest to the door and her insulin pump supplies are mostly in the back since we get 3 months at a time, then we put a few weeks worth of supplies and a smaller container and that is on top of the next to last stack where she can reach in. We are still having some trial and error, but we are ready to attack the next cabinet. When we do move to the Anthem, we have agreed we just need to take the coach to the store and work from there for the interior storage containers. We have large storage areas in out overhang and I think that slideouts are going to be our best solution there.