Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2018, 05:24 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What TonyMac said.

We can all post this on our FB pages. We just need the license #, VIN #, and then maybe a way to contact you.

Here, phone #, text, email. We can try to help through our personal FB pages.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2018, 07:14 PM   #16

Same here,give out all info you can so we can post it on social media.Very sorry to hear about this. I hate a thief.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:23 PM   #17

sorry this happened to you.

I agree that you should write a letter to the local newspaper about this theft. Name the storage facility. Post pictures around town on telephone polls. Kind of hard to hide something this big. Hope you catch the bums that did this.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:45 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One thing to consider for the future is a disconnect/isolation switch for the engine battery. I have one, so they would have to open the hood to reconnect it. It wouldn't stop them if they are determined, but it might make them think it's more trouble than it's worth and move on to the next one. Time is of the essence, especially for a thief.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:05 PM   #19

Thoughts for the OP.

Do you have a copy of a contract where it is stated there are video cameras on the premises? I don't understand the reluctance of the storage facility when they refuse to show the police the video. What other purpose would video cameras serve? (if they exist)
If they say they have cameras you have every right to believe they are operating and should capture images of the thieves. You paid for the service. You said this was a gated secured facility. Did the police find any evidence of forced entry and note it in their report? You should have the right to obtain a copy of the police report. Was anything else tampered with in the facility when your coach was stolen? Was this duly noted in the police report?
You need to be proactive and start an investigation of your own. Hopefully the police who did the initial investigation didn't just sweep it under the rug. Stay on them and demand answers. If they don't cooperate with you start up the chain of command and get your demands met. Your taxes pay their salaries.
Lynn
Old 07-01-2018, 06:06 AM   #20

Detailed Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Pictures, description, license plate number and VIN would be helpful.
Not likely they would come this far but you never know.
Sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter to anyone here what the value is. It's yours, you want it back unharmed and the people who stole it from you prosecuted. Anything we can do to help is offered up.
BTW, welcome to the forum. Sorry it had to be for this reason. Please keep us informed.
Lynn

The pictures hadn't loaded when I began typing. That is a NICE looking RV. I can see why you want it back.

Many have asked for a more detailed description. It is a 1973 Chrysler Superior 2500 Class A. It's in excellent condition with around 70k original miles. Plate WAS Vintage Colorado Plate # 086HPQ. VIN # 2325002207. Thanks so much for all your help!!
The Breeze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:16 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Breeze1 View Post
Many have asked for a more detailed description. It is a 1973 Chrysler Superior 2500 Class A. It's in excellent condition with around 70k original miles. Plate WAS Vintage Colorado Plate # 086HPQ. VIN # 2325002207. Thanks so much for all your help!!

x 2 (or maybe 3) about posting a completely factual account on Facebook. Specifically post the name address and phone # of the storage facility as well as their refusal to cooperate with police and refusal to release video.

Is the coach insured? If so, what does your insurance company say about the storage facilities response?

Hope you get your rig back intact, or at least come out okay with the insurance company!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
What TonyMac said.

We can all post this on our FB pages. We just need the license #, VIN #, and then maybe a way to contact you.

Here, phone #, text, email. We can try to help through our personal FB pages.
Thanks TonyMac,

I've created a FB page titled "Stolen 1973' Chrysler Superior 2500" and shared that with my friends group there. That seems to be getting some traction. Here is some additional information:

1973 Chrysler Superior 2500 Class A. Excellent condition with 70k original miles on the industrial 440. Vintage Colorado Plate #086HPQ Vin # 2325002207.

Feel free to contact me at 303-257-7408 with any information. I've posted this contact info to the FB page as well. Really hoping it turns up but also realize it's a bit of a long shot!

Take care,
Old 07-01-2018, 06:39 AM   #23

Couldn't agree more.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
Why would (and how could) a police department be refused surveillance video of a crime that took place on their premises. Seems that might cause the storage facility more problems than giving the PD a copy of the video, (if it actually exists). They could be drawn into a lawsuit that suggests that A.) they or an employee were somehow involved; B.) that they are attracting customers, (and charging), based on a service ('Premises under 24hr Video Surveillance'), that they do not offer.
I'm going to hold off on commenting too much on the particulars associated with the storage facility until I speak with an attorney, but agree with you completely. Certainly not the service(s) I was paying for, that's for sure.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:45 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Do you have a copy of a contract where it is stated there are video cameras on the premises? I don't understand the reluctance of the storage facility when they refuse to show the police the video. What other purpose would video cameras serve? (if they exist)
If they say they have cameras you have every right to believe they are operating and should capture images of the thieves. You paid for the service. You said this was a gated secured facility. Did the police find any evidence of forced entry and note it in their report? You should have the right to obtain a copy of the police report. Was anything else tampered with in the facility when your coach was stolen? Was this duly noted in the police report?
You need to be proactive and start an investigation of your own. Hopefully the police who did the initial investigation didn't just sweep it under the rug. Stay on them and demand answers. If they don't cooperate with you start up the chain of command and get your demands met. Your taxes pay their salaries.
Lynn

Thanks Lynn,

Thus far the police have been great. Storage has indicated that their policy is to forward video to their attorney and await a warrant for release. Frustrating to say the least but we are definitely being proactive.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
I sure hope you get that wonderful old girl back. I am so sorry this happened to you.

I hate thieves with a passion. In this day and age, it seems like there are more and more dirt bags thinking they deserve something that someone else has worked their tail off for.

My wife thinks I'm paranoid or over-proactive. Lock everything, double check doors, compartments, everything. Battery shut offs on everything. Never park the Jeep (a regularly stolen vehicle) where we can't see it. Wifi security cams at home. Etc., Etc.

Very much luck to you in this frustrating situation/process.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:42 AM   #26

I had my 25' off shore boat stolen a month ago. First time anything like this has ever happened to me. The one thing I found out very quickly is, what seems like a devastating thing to you and me. It's not very high up on the long list of things that the police deal with everyday. My boat was found less then 24 hours after I reported it missing. It was stripped clean, a total loss. When I asked the Deputy about camera's on neighbors houses, I was told if I want to go and ask I could but they don't have time. Even when we got a copy of a video that showed a white truck dumping my boat on the side of the road 25 miles from my house, I was told if it didn't show a license plate it was worthless. I was very surprised that the police didn't even want to look at the video. It's sad but it's the world we live in. The insurance company did more investigating then the police. But that was to try and get out of paying me.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:53 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
I've had two cars stolen, and my house broken into three times, all in Wonderful California with their wonderful "I could not care less" attitude towards crime. The only reaosn they caught one of my car thiefs is he thought he could run from police in a Corvette with a V7. The #5 piston was cracked and it was at the Engine Shoppe when one of the mechanics broke in to his own place of employment, stole my car, and, like most stupid criminals, got caught. He trashed my car, but the Engine Shoppe did me RIGHT, built me a wonderful engine and made the car better than new. Stoopid criminal should have waited till the engine was done, he might have gotten away.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:55 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
This might be a good time to bring up the subject of GPS Tracking devices that are installed somewhere in an inconspicuous location in a car, boat, RV. They can be programmed to send email and/or text messages if the vehicle moves more than a set amount. They can be tracked live on a cellphone, and show it's location. They are inexpensive. Do a web search for models, ratings and pricing. Here's an example:
https://www.amazon.com/Spy-Tec-Porta...et_feature_div

Certainly won't help the OP this time, but maybe we all should be considering these trackers, since we leave our motorhomes unoccupied, just about everywhere we go.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote