Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2020, 10:47 PM   #71

I might buy that they didn't know the stuff was yours, but they damn sure knew it wasn't theirs. Theft is theft, even if you don't know whose it is.
puller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2020, 02:17 AM   #72

That was a cheap lesson. I left a good stack of yellow Lego leveler blocks to go fishing in the morning in Colorado. Returned 3 hours later and they were gone. Not at office and nobody camping anywhere near us.
So somebody just figured they were free.
(... waiting to hear the confession about the 300 lb wife who tilted the trailor so he needed more leveling blocks on his side)
DrTomIverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 03:59 AM   #73

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
YUCK!
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 04:20 AM   #74

Just ask me. I'll empty my tanks and then give it to you and go buy another one.
Once another camper had my reserved site was and unwilling to move. That makes me not like some people.
Ma used to lecture me about trusting the world. I like honest people. I try to believe they are honest until they give a reason to doubt their honesty.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:03 AM   #75

Phonias

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvdl View Post
Anyone else ever had their stinky slinky stolen?! I mean who does that? We were spending a couple of nights at Shelter Cove RV park in Northern California in our Class C. The day after arrival we wanted to go to a nearby black sand beach for the afternoon. Not wanting to pack everything up, we left our Camp Chef and Solo Stove out, the door mat, the table cloth on the picnic table, the water hose (with filter etc) and the stinky slinky (capped). Upon returning about 4 hrs later we pull up and everything is there but the stinky slinky and water hose setup. My first reaction was "We got robbed!" But then I was like, why would someone steal that stuff and leave the Camp Chef and Solo Stove... So I park and start heading over to the management office thinking that maybe there is a regulation where you can't leave those things hooked up and they temporarily confiscated them. As I'm walking I look at the RV that has parked next to us since we left. I spy some familiar looking equipment and then my gaze rises to meet the eyes of the new arrival. He instantly seems to sense my bewilderment and says "oh, are these yours? I thought they were abandoned..."

A few points here:
1) why would someone think that someone abandoned that stuff, especially when it's clearly at the same site as a pricey grill and fire pit?
2) why would they not take the pricey grill and fire pit?
3) why would anyone want to use someone else's stinky slinky?!
4) where is their stinky slinky and hose?!
Anyway I got my stuff back and I think he hadn't actually used it to flush his tanks with, at least that is what I told my wife lol. While I'd like to say I'll never leave stuff again for the day, it is a pain to pack everything up when venturing out for the day... Has anyone else had an experience like this? What are your thoughts on leaving stuff for the day?

I can understand how some folks have a phobia about who puts their butt on THEIR toilet seat, but why would it matter whose poop goes inside a plastic hose?? Confused as to that logic.
Wayneq85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #76

Damon Owners Club
My next door neighbors stayed in a local park in a 5er while their home was under construction.

The park allowed long term full timers. Some of the RVs were in horrible condition, the occupants unemployed, kids roaming around, pretty much a slum.

Anything not tied down dissapeared.

After a coule weeks they had enough and moved to another park.
bmcgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:39 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post

The park allowed long term full timers. Some of the RVs were in horrible condition, the occupants unemployed, kids roaming around, pretty much a slum.

...After a coule weeks they had enough and moved to another park.

I would have never registered to stay once I saw the condition you've described.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:49 AM   #78

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneq85 View Post
I can understand how some folks have a phobia about who puts their butt on THEIR toilet seat, but why would it matter whose poop goes inside a plastic hose?? Confused as to that logic.
You may only be confused if you are one that would buy a used Stinky Slinky for your new or recently purchased RV

Some folks just like knowing where it has been and where it has NOT been. But then again some of the same folks have no problem walking behind their dog to pick up poop and carry in a plastic bag

That is what makes the world go around, different strokes for different folks
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:15 AM   #79

One of the first things I did [before using] was replace the old slinky with a top end new one!
Old 12-28-2020, 08:42 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post
My next door neighbors stayed in a local park in a 5er while their home was under construction.

Anything not tied down dissapeared.

After a coule weeks they had enough and moved to another park.
Recently we pulled into an RV park in Oklahoma which was located in a nice area. Not many rigs in there except for a few run down junky trailers missing A/C shrouds and covered with tarps and as we drove through looking for a nice spot I noticed a curtain pull back in the lower corner and some eyes looking out at me. I said to my wife, that's it, I will not even park here so off we went for a new place. Thieves are everywhere and they suck and I will never leave anything sitting out, including the slinky.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #81

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Art View Post
One of the first things I did [before using] was replace the old slinky with a top end new one!
My brand new 2019 Winnebago came with a new one wrapped in plastic, but it just looked cheap? It did not have clamps etc. First thing I bought was the orange / brown Rhino set. I still have the new one from Winnebago (blue) sealed in plastic If I got a $1 for every time I had to move it from one place to another; just getting it out of my way; I could buy new Slinky's for everyone

It is one of those things I don't want to throw away, you really can't sell it; so what do you do? I guess if I am ever at campsite in Northern California, I will leave it outside next to my by Rhino with note for any would be thief "Take this one instead"
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:02 AM   #82

Once was enough

25 years ago we were doing the high route in the Colorado Rockies, last night parked at Keystone, wife and I decided to leave the four kids alone while we went to the pub at the resort to unwind after two weeks of high altitude skiing and camping. Of course I had my brand new top end skis chained to the side of the coach. When we returned to the RV I noticed my brand new $1000 boards were gone but the rest of the equipment was untouched. How they unwound the cables from the skis I will never know, I had three teenage boys in the RV and they heard the scratching and whispers of the thieves but they were afraid to make a noise for fear of retribution!!!!!!!!

I was fit to be tied, after that incident I only purchased rvs that had basement storage for long items.
stuccosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:22 AM   #83

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Nope, never ran into a dumbass like that while camping. That is stooping to a new low. Have had a few personal thefts, though. Campers that I’ve encountered are quite nice, will ask to borrow instead of stealing. I learned decades ago to mark my property both highly visable and discreetly, the latter just in case the theif removed my visible markings. And personally I’ll call in the police because this will teach them (the theif) a lesson. Park management doesn’t like police on their property because it gives them a bad image and a bad reputation, hurting there profit. Insist that the managemen kick the low life out, too!
Jchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:37 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchemie View Post
Nope, never ran into a dumbass like that while camping. That is stooping to a new low. Have had a few personal thefts, though. Campers that I’ve encountered are quite nice, will ask to borrow instead of stealing. I learned decades ago to mark my property both highly visable and discreetly, the latter just in case the theif removed my visible markings. And personally I’ll call in the police because this will teach them (the theif) a lesson. Park management doesn’t like police on their property because it gives them a bad image and a bad reputation, hurting there profit. Insist that the managemen kick the low life out, too!
Taint like yesteryear... When you could simply knock their teeth out and reclaim your stolen property! Now we gotta be "politically correct" with how gently we treat the poor fragile thieves... or else we go to jail.