Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #29

I too had a 4 inch hose holder that was way too short to put my hose in but On a 5er they are hard to mount under the coach. In my 5er there was a large area just outside the frame rails about 16 inches wide about 16 feet long. I bought some 6 inch PVC and a large plastic door. I cut a hole in the body skirt and fitted the door. A 6 inch elbow and 8 feet of pipe with a cap at the end. Then, I drilled 1/2 inch holes on the bottom all along the pipe to drain any residual water and put a 2 inch hole in the cap to push air through the pipe while traveling. It works great and the hose is always dry now. It handles my hose and fittings with ease. I also drilled 2 3/8 holes just inside the front door and I use a toilet paper spring loaded holder to keep the hose from pushing on the access door and popping it open on the road.
-Paul R. Haller-
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

We all come in close contact with #2 most every day of our lives and manage to survive. Those who raised children probably have touched more of it than any RVer without kids. What's the big deal? Take care of it and wash your hands well afterwards. I keep a soar dispenser bottle right in the bay, along with paper towels, so it's handy and I get clean on the spot.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #31

I guess the worse thing I hate about storing our slinky is knowing what went thru it not 5 minutes before. 😁
Old 10-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
DW and I camped in Nashville and were happily getting ready to go to the Grand Old Opera to see Vince
Gill. Just before we left DW said hey we needed to dump the black water.
I go whistling out to pull the dump tee when the hose came off and it was a bad day! I don't squat down and pull the dump tee anymore! Someone needs to invent a push button operation here.

It happens!!!

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #33

I can store 4 of the Camco hoses in my bumper. The elbows and caps I keep in a bucket. I spray lysol on everything AFTER I've washed it all out pretty good, also change my clothes afterward each time.

I keep two boxes of latex gloves in the storage bay and change out the glove every time I think I got something nasty on them... even a drop of water. The gloves are cheap ($8/ box/ 100 gloves in the box). I've used 5 pair in a cleaning session once, just because things weren't going my way that day. Still I wasn't willing to get anything on me or anything else so I kept swapping out to new gloves. Beats getting some illness because I didn't keep clean.

What annoys me is the guy who thinks it's ok to leave his discarded latex gloves there next to the sewer hookups. I have noticed this at a few CGs. Some folks just can't be bothered with cleaning up after themselves, I guess. Pass their mess on to the next guy. Nice folks, eh?
Old 10-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #34
JSW

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
AggieDad...that's what I do and it works great.
X3!
JSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:39 AM   #35

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Biggest problem - it was always in the way. We have a 14 ft travel trailer with only one small cargo area under the sofa, so space is limited.

Went to Family Dollar and bought a clear underbed storage container with wheels. When camping, it can go under the trailer. When traveling, it can go in the shower.

Liked it so much that I got 2 more - one for water hoses and one for the electric cord. Now, if they get muddy it is easier to scrub out the plastic storage container when I get home than to scrub the inside of the trailer.

Tags
tow, towing