Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2020, 09:51 AM   #1

Super C RV Park Restrictions

Watching a video on YouTube and someone mentioned that some RV parks would not allow Super C RV's, like Renegade or Seneca.

Any of y'all ever heard of this, or faced the situation? What is the problem?

Chief
Seabee Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2020, 10:01 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
RV Resorts with occupants that each own their lot may have an HOA that allows only motorhomes of a certain length or only Class A motorhomes.

The lot owners may rent their lot to transients when they are not using it, but the restrictions remain.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
Gillig Bus Chassis
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:50 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Exclusive resort parks that bill themselves as "Class A Motorhome Only" would not allow a Super C, or any C for that matter. There aren't very many such places and they don't hide their restrictions, so you won't get surprised.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:22 PM   #4

As a matter of fact, there many class A only resorts. They just aren't listed in regular campground directories. Some folks seek them out.
Titusville, FL when not on the road
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 06:26 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I guess it depends on what you call "many". There are nearly 15,000 RV campgrounds in the USA, but probably about 50 that are Class A only.

We've stayed in several, mostly along the East & West Coasts in prime resort areas.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:06 AM   #6

Yes, it is a thing. We've accidentally booked into one before, but noticed our mistake before arrival. Fortunately there aren't many of them. However, they are almost always beautiful spots. Had one A-only spot say they could make an exception if we had "full paint," instead of white n stainless.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #7

This is a real dilemma for me, causing me to rethink my purchase of a new Renegade Classic vs a Newmar King Aire or Essex.
Would like to be able to spend some time at some of these luxury resorts in Montana, California and Nevada.
I know it’s such a “first world” problem to have but it’s slowing down my retirement plans.
PbFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:22 PM   #8

There are all sorts of places with all sorts of restrictions out there, a few years ago when looking for potential commercial campgrounds near Yellowstone, I ran across one that was not only class A only, but the class A must be over 34 ft long.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #9

I believe some of these Class A resorts were founded by the Class A manufacturers as an exclusive park for purchasers of their coaches. I've attached a picture of one in California that some friends own a place in. Truely a delightful place. 9 hole par 3 golf course, club house, every pad has a custom enclosure with kitchen, bath, laundry room and lounge area. Some of the rigs we saw were incredible. In fact, our friends traded in their 37' Nemar for a 45" tag axle - I think maybe because they felt they needed to keep up with the others.

By the way, we had to stay around the corner in our Super C. We'll keep doing our boondocking thing but it would be nice to stay with them for a few days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_153903.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	306677
Old 11-02-2020, 04:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I guess it depends on what you call "many". There are nearly 15,000 RV campgrounds in the USA, but probably about 50 that are Class A only.

We've stayed in several, mostly along the East & West Coasts in prime resort areas.
There are probably more than 50 in Florida alone. We stay in class A only resorts as much as possible and seldom have any trouble finding one no matter where we are in the country.
Titusville, FL when not on the road
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:06 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
There are probably more than 50 in Florida alone. We stay in class A only resorts as much as possible and seldom have any trouble finding one no matter where we are in the country.
Your numbers are probably accurate. We haven’t ever stayed at one because we don’t like the price tag, but I certainly have driven past a number of them. I think they concentrate in snowbird locations, though I have seen some in lovely spots in Wyoming and Idaho. I guess if your non-RVing life matches these resorts, they are a better fit. The ones we have seen are really lovely, but run $80-100+ a night. I have seen some advertised at around $200. They seem to have enough people renting/buying there, but I have never needed to find a place and the only option was a Class A resort.
UTTransplant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:05 PM   #12

We have run into this several times. Most of the parks that will not accommodate us are deed restricted and cannot easily change. We try to stay in parks that please us like this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BB3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	306753  
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:19 PM   #13

They are a business and allowed to get rules/restrictions that are cost beneficial to them

I agree with Groucho Marx

My money, my CHOICE so if they don't want my business that is OK
My RV has wheels and LOTS of other places to stay

It would NOT restrict my choice in an RV

Simple.....
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:15 PM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
I don't think I will ever make a decision on which RV is right for me based on a few parks snobbish rules. Yes, there are a few "Motorcoach" or Class A only campgrounds around. Most of them appear to be very nice facilities, but in almost every instance, there are very nice alternatives nearby that don't have such restrictions.

I think this is one of those rules that doesn't really make much sense. There are MANY fifth wheels, Super-Cs, and luxury trailers that are both more expensive and draw a more sophisticated owner than MANY class A motor homes. Think Flair and Hurricane vs Grand Design travel trailer or any of the upscale fifth wheels.

I also think the premise that you spent more money on your RV, so you must be classier is just plain wrong. I've seen some of the least friendly and least classy people come out of some of the most expensive RVs.

I don't have anything against kids, but age restricted parks make MUCH more sense to em than Class A only...

We will probably move back to a Class A when we retire simply because it's more convenient while traveling. We may someday stay in one of those Motorcoach only exclusive resorts, but I wouldn't necessarily seek one out and I've never felt particularly limited in my travels based on the RV I had at the time and I've owned multiple class A, class C, and now a travel trailer...

Tags
rv park