Originally Posted by Homeby5
Who's going? Any tips for a newcomer? Looking to go the first couple days.
We've gone the last two years and will go again. Tips:
- In the past a ticket was good for two days of admission. Hopefully it still is.
- Know what you want to look at. There's something like 1,500 RVs there and honestly two days is not enough to even look at the Class A's.
- The people putting on the show have golf carts you can flag down for a lift. Do it.
- Be prepared to ask yourself "Where the heck are we?" and "Where the heck is ____?" several times. The show does not put up temporary direction signs with arrows showing you who is down what road. There were just a few large "You are HERE" signs, not near enough. Even fake "street signs" and noting those on their map would be very helpful. The people in their few Information Booths would just pull out a map, look for their booth, and then try to find where you want to go. Not helpful at all. The golf cart drivers usually knew, though.
- They have an app with a map and a vendor list but it was not GPS enabled. You should be able to select a vendor and have the phone app at least point you in the right direction and give you the distance. Maybe this year.
- Bring a fabric grocery bag with you to collect brochures and stuff. Lazy Days usually has a big bag but there were not a lot available from other vendors last year.