Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #29

I have used the same macerator pump since 1976 and is still working fine. Have two 75 foot 3/4 inch garden hoses for discharge from pump and as my macerator is free standing a ten foot section of 3 inch RV sewer hose w/standard sewer connecton to RV. Used mostly for pump out at home and/or when dump hook up is not available and macerator discharge hose will reach sewer. When portable waste tank is necessary connections are made between RV and portable tank with standard 3 inch hose. Have never had to pump higher than aproximately 3 feet. Macerator is used on average of 5 times per year for dumping 2- 40 gallon tanks. Macerator pump is powered by 12 VDC which is supplied by a attached 20 foot power cord w/two battery jumper cable clamps which attach either to tow vehicule battery or 5th wheel RV house battery
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #30

Do you have a choice to use the 3" sewer hose or the pump , when the pump is installed on the MH?
jtovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
In my situation if the macerator pump should fail and if I didn't carry a spare pump, the hose clamp and hose could be disconnected and the 3 inch hose used. I would imagine all users have this option?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #32

Learning from here I put this together. I wanted to use 110 v.
Homemade R.V sewer pump - YouTube
Old 07-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffinsalida View Post
Learning from here I put this together. I wanted to use 110 v.
Homemade R.V sewer pump - YouTube
YouTube says you have moved your video??????
1948boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #34

I have been using the Flow Jet for ove 4 years and it has worked flawless. Here is where I got mine:
FloJet Portable Macerator Waste Pump - $193.99
Old 07-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use a Flo-Jet portable when I need it. most of the time I do not.

The advantage of the 3 inch hose is speed. Very fast dump.

The advantage of the macerators is to pump great distance and if needed up hill... ON some sewer systems the fact the pump is SLOWER is also an advantage..

The Sewer soultion uses gallons of fresh water to do a job a few watts of electricity can do better. It can not pump as far or as high as an electric pump. Nor is it as fast. My portable Flo-Jet is nice because it gives me a choice.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So I am wondering what the OP (umcontractor) eventually did? I am in the minority, but the right answer IMHO is to go with the simplest fail safe solution: have the plumber install a cleanout if your sewer line location and your parking spot allow and let gravity do it's job. Its free after the initial install. It's fast. No worry of cross contamination or multiple hoses as with the Sewer Solution. You will get the desired swoosh factor. And you already have a 3" hose. They don't plug up. They don't blow fuses. You don't have to find another place to store your macerator hose or Sewer Solution hose. If you have to pump uphill, then you need to consider the other two options.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:22 AM   #37

I purchased the macerator pump but ended up taking it back. It had to be wired and looked like it was going to be a hassle every time.
My plumber tied into my sewer line for $600 at my curbside lawn. It took his laborer about 4 hours to dig down and find the line. All you could see was a shovel flying dirt from the hole. He found it at around 7 feet deep. After it was found, the plumber came back and within an hour it was complete & backfilled. It has an 8" round green cover that blends in with the lawn. When I come home from dry camping I just pull up to the curb and dump. O hassle and the best thing I could have done.
umcontractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by umcontractor View Post
I purchased the macerator pump but ended up taking it back. It had to be wired and looked like it was going to be a hassle every time.
My plumber tied into my sewer line for $600 at my curbside lawn. It took his laborer about 4 hours to dig down and find the line. All you could see was a shovel flying dirt from the hole. He found it at around 7 feet deep. After it was found, the plumber came back and within an hour it was complete & backfilled. It has an 8" round green cover that blends in with the lawn. When I come home from dry camping I just pull up to the curb and dump. O hassle and the best thing I could have done.
Thanks for the update. Always nice to see how things turned out. You made the right choice.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote