Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2020, 07:39 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74 mgb toad View Post
Dealerships that sell without consideration of the buyers ability! The newly retired couple pull into a dealership and want to go full timing! They pull in with a VW! The salesman sells a 35 foot 5th wheel and tells them they need a 1 ton truck! They return with the truck and the trailer is hooked up. As they drive into oblivion the salesman waves and smiles. These poor people have never driven something like this. THAT my friends is sad, and dangerous!

2005 GUFSTREAM ATRIUM 41 DSL
FYI - I know a few of those couples! Many degrees. And no knowledge or experience with trucks or trailer at all. And expect RV repair folks to be as available as S&B repairs folks. And RV warranty to be just like automobiles, just pull into any dealership.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conesus1 View Post
Dicor caulk is not the proper way to seal a Rubber/RV roof.
Oh, OK. So you have a problem with a single one of their many products then. Not "Dicor" in general as a brand? So I guess my Dicor wheel simulators are probably OK.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Oh, OK. So you have a problem with a single one of their many products then. Not "Dicor" in general as a brand? So I guess my Dicor wheel simulators are probably OK.

Well that is another thing. Dicor doesn't make a thing, it licenses and has it packaged under there own brand name.
Just like everything from milk to appliances, its made by one company and packaged for BRANDS.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #102

I’ve noticed that some folks try to be helpful even if they don’t know the answer to your problem but this is not all bad. It can help lead to the correct diagnosis.

Then there are those who wouldn’t help if they could.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:55 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conesus1 View Post
Well that is another thing. Dicor doesn't make a thing, it licenses and has it packaged under there own brand name.
Now that can be a problem, but again you'd need specifics. I find most the products with the Ace Hardware brand to be utter crap, where I've yet to have a problem with the Kirkland (Costco) brand, but I suspect there are examples there too.

I worry more about the reverse. High end brands that try to reach a more moderate price point by licensing someone else to make a product under their name. I don't have any examples to share off the top of my head, but if something looks too good to be true . . ..
Old 11-04-2020, 09:59 AM   #104

I've only been here about 6 months but I've definitely picked up on a handful of "tendencies":

1. RVers with older rigs asking if they should keep driving on their 8 year old tires that still "look good".

2. Veteran RVers telling newbies that they should definitely replace those 8 year old tires (unfortunately, it really is sound advice).

3. Some people seem to conflate "a good solution" with "the most expensive solution". A lot of us younger guys don't have a lot money to throw around and we have to try to squeeze value out of cheapER parts. I would have loved to spend $600+ on a top-of-the-line TPMS, my budget doesn't allow for that.

4. Many of you guys (you know who you are) have a tendency to provide extremely helpful, highly technical advice that simply isn't available elsewhere. Frankly, this forum alone has enabled me to fix up a 20 year old coach with numerous issues to a point where my family is currently living in it as we search for a new place to call home. No complaints about this tendency, only gratitude!
Old 11-04-2020, 10:04 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirenine View Post
4. Many of you guys (you know who you are) have a tendency to provide extremely helpful, highly technical advice that simply isn't available elsewhere. Frankly, this forum alone has enabled me to fix up a 20 year old coach with numerous issues to a point where my family is currently living in it as we search for a new place to call home. No complaints about this tendency, only gratitude!
Yes there are good tendencies and bad. Great point.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:13 PM   #106
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Thread Warning

We seem to have some members here that can't move on. STOP THE BICKERING. If you can't state your opinion RESPECTFULLY and move on then do not post. Thanks to all those that are posting witin the rules and to the rest LET IT GO.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:14 PM   #107

Old 11-04-2020, 12:50 PM   #108

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Old 11-04-2020, 01:05 PM   #109
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
This thread closed as warnings were once again ignored.

Thanks to those who posted within the Community Rules.
Closed Thread