Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2020, 10:31 PM   #71

Is this a HOA forum?

I'm just waiting to hear from the OP again to let us know how he solved his issue.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2020, 10:41 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
HOAs attract the wrong kind of people.

It will not get better with time.
I'm not sure what you mean by HOA's attracting the wrong kind of people. HOA's have rules and conditions to establish a certain way the neighborhood should look that everyone needs to agree to.

If a buyer doesn't like them then they need to move along. I like the security, rules and conditions of the two HOA's that I'm involved with. I'm sure it's not for everyone. I've been in one 30 yrs. and the other 24 yrs.

Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 02:30 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
Most, probably not all, HOA agreements are registered to the deed and recorded at the county court house. When you buy the property and accept the deed you are obligated to adhere to the HOA incorporation documents. It would be rare to be able to nullify that deed restriction but could possibly happen under some situation. I've never seen it happen but I guess it could if the deed was not properly recorded. It would be a very rare occurrence. Banks don't get any special exemption from the law that I'm aware of.

That's what I also thought. But when one financial institution holds a significant portion of the notes on properties in one area, and 1/3 are defaulted properties (2008-2009), you'll see what real power the lien holder has. Ever read your mortgage agreement? Legal advantage goes to the financial institutions.

But to remain active, the HOA has to continually meet the contractual requirements. That includes meetings, notices and required maintenance of community property. I am sure those properties were under duress as they had to change from a private membership only golf course, to a open one. That's how we found out about the properties for sale.
HDGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:54 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGoose View Post
Ever read your mortgage agreement?
Never had a mortgage. But I'm only 72 so there's still a chance.

A bank's mortgage agreement with a buyer is a contract between those two parties and has no authority over an HOA or any other 3rd party unless that party has contractually agreed to subordination. Simple contract law. But then, you probably have a lot more legal expertise than me.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:20 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
Never had a mortgage. But I'm only 72 so there's still a chance.

A bank's mortgage agreement with a buyer is a contract between those two parties and has no authority over an HOA or any other 3rd party unless that party has contractually agreed to subordination. Simple contract law. But then, you probably have a lot more legal expertise than me.
The bank owned the property because of defaults. My friend bought it from the bank, without any HOA restrictions. Who did what to adjust the deed, I do not know. But I do know that the HOA was not happy. I do know that somehow the one bank was the main, if not the only, financial stakeholder. That was told to us when we went to play golf. And "the" authorized realtor tried to get me to buy a unit. She even payed for my breakfast at the golf course.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:57 PM   #76

HOA

Got to ask because I have been there done that. Does the HOA say no Rv or restrictions on size? A motor home may not fall specifically under Rv since it’s a motor vehicle. Usually has a different plat than a standard Rv. The city I lived in Restricted Rv parking, but the wording did not address a Motor Home. If the definition is different in your stated compiled statues they may not have the ability to enforce anything. Also drive around your HOA. If you see Rv parked in other areas of the HOA photograph it. HOA have to equally enforce any regulations. They can not target an individual.
Tuscany3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #77

5 acres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
Move.
I couldn't stand neighbor input into my lifestyle.
Now I just need to figure out how to have 5 acres with limited maintenance while still being kept up.
Guess I have to hire an army of landscapers.
Easy answer let the 5 acres become a Forrest, less maintenance there 🤔
Tuscany3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:08 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany3680 View Post
Also drive around your HOA. If you see Rv parked in other areas of the HOA photograph it. HOA have to equally enforce any regulations. They can not target an individual.
We were concerned about parking our Class B in my son's driveway (HOA neighborhood outside Houston) when we got it, so I did a Google maps search using satellite view. Without much trouble I found a Class A, a pop-up camper, and a power boat on a trailer in people's driveways even though there are rules against that. Loosely enforced, it would seem.

We had no trouble, but we were only there a week. We did sleep in it, though, so I'm surprised nobody said anything. Next visit we'll be in the guest room, which wasn't ready at the time we visited.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #79

Buy her a box of chocolates or some flowers just before you bring the MH to your driveway.
Audioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #80

Most HOA's don't govern the street So as long as you are abiding by the city rules, they can't prohibit you from parking in the street in front of your house.
E George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:17 PM   #81

Let her know a day before you bring it home so she can start complaining early
normburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #82

Read the rules of your HOA and your city regulation when parking RV boats etc. and follow it.

Zzotte
Old 06-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #83

Winnebago Owners Club
Invite your neighbor next time you go on camping trip into the Deep wilderness.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #84

This is why we moved to a neighborhood without an HOA. There are still city ordinances that prevent people from moving in and trashing the place. We are allowed to park an RV on the street for up to 2 days. I do that to wash or pack for trip the next day.
mileshuff is offline   Reply With Quote