Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2014, 08:11 AM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Thank you for all your help and advice.

We just got back from our first camping trip with the new TT, and I wanted to thank everyone for all the great information and help on this forum. I asked my fair share of questions and got just the answers I was looking for. This was not my first time doing camping or towing at all, but I was able to make quite a few improvements to me rig and it made everything very smooth sailing. I cant wait for the next trip, lots more miles this next time.

Thanks again everyone.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2014, 08:22 AM   #2

Evergreen Owners Club
Happy to hear you had smooth sailing....
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Glad you had a good trip!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
This forum is just fantastic. When we started RVing we knew nothing - and I mean nothing about anything to do with RV's. Today I know a whole lot more and I am happy to share whatever knowledge that I have got. I am also pleased to help out with a wrench and a screwdriver if someone is "in need". All you have to do is ask should our paths ever cross

The best part is that we through irv2 have now got so many life-long US friends that we would never have met had it not been for irv2. For that we will be forever grateful.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
This forum is just fantastic. When we started RVing we knew nothing - and I mean nothing about anything to do with Rv's.

I 100% agree as my DW and I are very much in the same boat right now. This forum has been incredible in answering so many of my questions. There is so much we don't know, and like you all, the people have made us feel so much more comfortable.

LOVE THIS PLACE!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #6

Glad to hear it! If you don't mind me asking, where'd ya go?
becken6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #7

Yup. A good place this is! Yoda-ism.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
we just went to a local place in Oneco CT. About 160 miles round trip. Thought it would be a good test of hooking up, unhooking, new hitch, truck mods, stocking the trailer.... all the good stuff. Complete confidence now.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #9

Good idea with a new rig. Sounds like it all went OK. Now...hook up and go!
becken6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Yeah, I almost forgot, we did have one snag. The propane detector switched to a fault on the first day. not an alarm but a fault. After about 3 hours with the propane off and no odors I cut the wire. Obviously this needs to be fixed. I would warranty it but we are going back out on the road in a week. I started another thread on here about it.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
This forum is just fantastic. When we started RVing we knew nothing - and I mean nothing about anything to do with RV's. Today I know a whole lot more

X2. When it comes to RVs, irv2.com is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
On our way around the US we get to meet an awful lot of fellow RVers. Some are brand new at the game and with no knowledge about irv2. Even some seasoned RVers scratch their head when we mention, amongst other things, irv2.

For a long time we would grab a scrap piece of paper and list what we call "Important RV websites" - irv2 being the most important of course.

Eventually we ended up writing this information so many time that we made a business card with the info. Here it is:

Most people are very happy to get this info, and almost every time we get a feedback the morning after: "Great sites - never knew something like that existed - woww, what a lot of information people are passing on".

It works for us, and as mentioned earlier, we are pleased to assist everybody in any which way we can.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice