Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2022, 03:52 AM   #1

That other forum

Looks like that other RV forum's software just blew a tire. Good riddance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2022, 04:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
Looks like that other RV forum's software just blew a tire. Good riddance.
Show us on the doll where the other forum hurt you.

Wishing ill will on a “competitor” RV forum is not the embodiment of the RV community.
Backcountry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:04 AM   #3

Hopefully they'll get it sorted out soon. Pros and cons on all forums, choices are good.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:39 AM   #4

Problem may have been browser if using Chrome.
I understand there were stability issues and everyone should check and make sure they are using the latest updated Ver. 99.0.4844.84
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:44 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
It is back up and running and I am on Chrome
Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:48 AM   #6

I have two AIO printer/scanners that stopped scanning lately. Something about Flash is done?
Old 03-30-2022, 06:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
I have two AIO printer/scanners that stopped scanning lately. Something about Flash is done?

Flash has been done for 10 years. It's taken this long to say goodbye.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry1 View Post
Show us on the doll where the other forum hurt you.

Wishing ill will on a “competitor” RV forum is not the embodiment of the RV community.
I'm kinda curious too as to why the OP is so disgruntled with the other forum. I don't use any other RV forum at this time but in case I did decide to check one out, what angsty problem might I encounter?
Old 03-30-2022, 10:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
I'm kinda curious too as to why the OP is so disgruntled with the other forum. I don't use any other RV forum at this time but in case I did decide to check one out, what angsty problem might I encounter?
If it's the one I think it is, none. It's very pleasant and well moderated. Sounds like someone just has a burr under their saddle.
Old 03-30-2022, 10:43 AM   #10

Does the other forum require a half dozen steps to add a photo to a post and then randomly rotate the photo?
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:02 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gloves View Post
Does the other forum require a half dozen steps to add a photo to a post and then randomly rotate the photo?
Photos don't "randomly rotate". There is a very simple explanation.

Your phone has a gyro in it so that as you turn it the image on the screen turns too. But what you didn't know was that your camera puts the photo's orientation instructions into the data hidden in the photo.

So, when you take a photo with your phone vertical - it's marked internally to be displayed on the side.

The way to avoid this is to realize that your camera has one way that it thinks is the correct way to take a photo. That one way - on IOS or Android - is to hold the phone horizontally with the volume buttons facing down and the "home" button or area, on the right.

If you take your photos like that they will always display correctly when uploaded to internet forums.

Hold your phone like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hold phone right.png
Views:	22
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	360781  
Old 03-30-2022, 11:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Photos don't "randomly rotate". There is a very simple explanation.

Your phone has a gyro in it so that as you turn it the image on the screen turns too. But what you didn't know was that your camera puts the photo's orientation instructions into the data hidden in the photo.

So, when you take a photo with your phone vertical - it's marked internally to be displayed on the side.

The way to avoid this is to realize that your camera has one way that it thinks is the correct way to take a photo. That one way - on IOS or Android - is to hold the phone horizontally with the volume buttons facing down and the "home" button or area, on the right.

If you take your photos like that they will always display correctly when uploaded to internet forums.

Hold your phone like this:
The bolded is not set in stone. Home button to the right maybe,,, but the volume control on my particular Android phone face up in that position.

But as you say, posting a photo is pretty easy once you know.
Old 03-30-2022, 11:25 AM   #13

^^^Thanks. That isn’t always the desired way to take a photo. So, guess what? I’m not going to hold the phone in a manner that isn’t appropriate or convenient for taking the photo. That’s just one too many rules. And, in my experience, this is the only site that rotates photos from the way they are displayed in an album. I’m certainly not going to go through an album and analyze the embedded orientation of each photo.

Surely there’s an rational explanation for all the button pressing required to post that photo, as well. That doesn’t make it any less of a First World problem.
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:35 AM   #14

Lost me with the "other" forum. I am a member on five RV related forums all told.

As for photos, I host mine on postimage and have yet to ever have a rotation issue.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum