Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2018, 06:37 AM   #1

The Hartford & Roadside Assistance

Just got my annual renewal notice from The Hartford thru AARP for our Dutch Star

You might look into changing your RV insurance over to the Hartford thru AARP. They are now including Emergency Roadside Assistance (ERA) and RV towing in their RV Insurance at no additional cost.

My annual premium at renewal is $841.89. It went up from $705.47 last year. That's almost a 20% increase with no claims last year, but with them now including ERA and towing, that's still a good deal.

Cheers!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2018, 12:48 PM   #2

We also have Hartford. I did an insurance check up last fall to see if I could find cheaper, and I couldn't. So, we're staying with Hartford, but I'm going to keep Coach Net, also. We've also had a claim with Hartford, and they were great to deal with.

There are so many variables that go into insurance pricing, so Hartford may not work for someone else, but they definitely are worth looking at.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #3

If you look around, you'll find that almost all insurance policies nowadays have emergency roadside assistance, but I don't think it includes RVs. Still need something like Coachnet or Good Sam.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I have a Progressive RV policy and the Roadside assistance and towing is 16 dls. a year, and the whole policy for full coverage, stated value, is $540.00 a year for my coach!
You don't list the year of your DS?
I had The Hartford for many years, and when my policy started going up, for no reason, I switched!
It seems that all Insurance Co's do that, and if you don't check around every few years, they will go up?
When I got my Toad, a 2001 PT Cruiser, I called Progressive, and they quoted me double what Liberty Mutual was? For the same full coverage policy?
There are App's now that check all the Co's prices for the same coverage, and quote you the cheapest! Very easy to shop! Rail!
Old 04-07-2018, 07:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
I have a Progressive RV policy and the Roadside assistance and towing is 16 dls. a year, and the whole policy for full coverage, stated value, is $540.00 a year for my coach!
You don't list the year of your DS?
I had The Hartford for many years, and when my policy started going up, for no reason, I switched!
It seems that all Insurance Co's do that, and if you don't check around every few years, they will go up?
When I got my Toad, a 2001 PT Cruiser, I called Progressive, and they quoted me double what Liberty Mutual was? For the same full coverage policy?
There are App's now that check all the Co's prices for the same coverage, and quote you the cheapest! Very easy to shop! Rail!
2001 Dutch Star 3891. 3 years ago Progressive went from $850 (roughly) a year up to almost $2000! No claims, clean driving record, no tickets. Called them, no explanation except "lots of hurricanes"!

Went to The Hartford. Two claims in three years, one for windshield, one for awning damage. Great claims service, couldn't ask for better.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford