Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
A multimeter never leaves my coach. Plenty of extra chassis and coach fuses and bulbs. some extra wire, connectors, engine oil and ATF for the leveling system. Back up control boards for genny, frig and HWH.

Now to the important stuff.....

2 cases of Pino for DW, 2 cases of Shiraz for me. A bottle of Remy Martin VSOP and a bunch of big fat cigars.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #44

Knowledge of a nearby town to go get the things forgotten.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #45

One very important thing i will never camp without again is knowing where the storm shelters are in a CG. And i will tell this story. Over the 4th of July we were at our favorite SP which is only 30 min.from our house...and we camp there 4-5 times per year. We knew storms were coming but not aware, nor was anyone else, of the intensity. We were preparing the rv and my phone sounded off the Emergency tone. It said "tornados in your area take shelter immediately " we have to small children and i told my wife go and find shelter now! I had to put the slides in and awning up figuring I could get a ride from the ranger. Well i was wrong. No one came by and I was alone in the camper. What else do you so at that point? So i rode it out. Not much scares me but this did. Then the golf ball size hail started. This is where i was thankful to be in the rv. The hail broke all of our vent covers and rain was pouring in. Not to mention the $7000 in hail damage to my truck. In the end everyone was ok and there were 3 tornado touchdowns in a 3 mile radius of the CG. Everyone was OK but the damage inside the CG was extensive. Sorry for the lengthly story but we learned something very important... no matter where you camp ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS know where to go in the event of tornados.
pacevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWhoTris View Post
My smoker. I have a propane smoker I carry. Last weekend I smoked pork roast, chicken legs, stuffed tomatoes, bacon wrapped asparagus and Mac and cheese made with Gouda. No hot dogs when we go "camping".
We tent camp with our smoker, alas, there's no room for it in the MH. Have you tried bacon-wrapped pork loin or smoked meatloaf? Those are some of our favorite camping dinners, and we use it to bake biscuits and cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

Mrs. M
Mrs.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacevette View Post
One very important thing i will never camp without again is knowing where the storm shelters are in a CG. And i will tell this story. Over the 4th of July we were at our favorite SP which is only 30 min.from our house...and we camp there 4-5 times per year. We knew storms were coming but not aware, nor was anyone else, of the intensity. We were preparing the rv and my phone sounded off the Emergency tone. It said "tornados in your area take shelter immediately " we have to small children and i told my wife go and find shelter now! I had to put the slides in and awning up figuring I could get a ride from the ranger. Well i was wrong. No one came by and I was alone in the camper. What else do you so at that point? So i rode it out. Not much scares me but this did. Then the golf ball size hail started. This is where i was thankful to be in the rv. The hail broke all of our vent covers and rain was pouring in. Not to mention the $7000 in hail damage to my truck. In the end everyone was ok and there were 3 tornado touchdowns in a 3 mile radius of the CG. Everyone was OK but the damage inside the CG was extensive. Sorry for the lengthly story but we learned something very important... no matter where you camp ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS know where to go in the event of tornados.
Don't be sorry for one minute that your post was too long. Thank you for that heads up and that goodness you and your family made it out of their safely!!
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #48

Florida Cooters Club
Here Here Bro I'm with you
rodeobumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller205 View Post
So, other than the standard fare (food, lawn chairs, bug spray, maps/GPS, flashlights, etc), what is the one thing that wouldn't seem obvious to us newbies that you absolutley MUST have with you when you leave for a trip?

Mike
We're newbies too - There's lots of good info here. One thing we figured out between the first and second outings was to bring our Nespresso Pixie and Aeroccino! That way, we can have our frou-frou coffee drinks whenever we want them, no matter where the nearest coffee place is

And I like to have maps, too. GPS is nice, but occasionally, it's just plain wrong.

Mrs. M
Mrs.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
2 cases of Pino for DW, 2 cases of Shiraz for me. A bottle of Remy Martin VSOP and a bunch of big fat cigars.
Must be a Jack Russell owner thing, 'cept in our case it's Pinot for me, Shiraz for her, and no ceeegars.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.M

We tent camp with our smoker, alas, there's no room for it in the MH. Have you tried bacon-wrapped pork loin or smoked meatloaf? Those are some of our favorite camping dinners, and we use it to bake biscuits and cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

Mrs. M
I haven't buy I will now. I just started towing my TT with a pick up truck. It opened all kinds of possibilities. Not sure what I'll do when I get a motor home.
GuyWhoTris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
Must be a Jack Russell owner thing, 'cept in our case it's Pinot for me, Shiraz for her, and no ceeegars.
Our Jacks make it more difficult, they drink Merlot
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Louisiana Hot Sauce.

We put that Sh*t on everything!
Hey Dogpatch, you and I have something in common. I put hot sauce on just about everything too!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvguy40 View Post
You're my kinda RVer !! I never camp without Maker's Mark bourbon, bottled "branch water" (spring water),a couple bottles of Apothic Red wine, and Tony Bennett, Billie Holiday and Count Basie CD's, and Freddie the hound dawg.... Makes cocktail hour "wunnerful, wunnerful ! "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricejh View Post
Ummmm...Apothic Red. Good. Ummmmmm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rf4 View Post
I'll 3rd the Apothic Red!!

also a good book (or several, depending how long we're are out)
music - I rec'd a Bose SoundDock for Christmas and I love it!!
I never heard of Apothic Red wine which you guys heartily endorse. I Googled it t learn about it and it has gotten some really good reviews. So, I am going to pu a bottle and check it out for myself.
i love this forum. I learn something new every day!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
All of you light weight drinkers forgot the most important drink and the proper tools needed to make it........filters, 12 cup pot and COFFEE...for the morning after the party........so you can sober up for the next party. You can use the same red solo cup...no need to rinse....
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:06 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
Hookers and blow.

;-D
Even if it was meant as a joke, my opinion of you just went down!

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote