Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #1

The perfect road assist provider

After reading multiple and a deep discussion of one negative incident, I have developed a question based on the service failures that I have read about here and on ther forums...

Does anybody know, or has heard of a road service provider that will:

A) Have a provider network that can provide response to anyplace that you may travel within an hour?
B) Call you back every hour and check and see how it's going?
C) Have providers that will come and fix your equipment at the scene (if possible) and not upcharge the tires or parts that they bring out to make the repair and have every part that you may need stocked on their service truck?
D) If your equipment needs towing, tow it as far as you want?
E) Allow you as many service calls per year as you desire included in your yearly subscription?
F) If it is a coach issue, to send a RV tech who is capable of working on every model of every brand and have them respond 24X7?
G) Be able to find every little crossroads on every state maintained road in the US?

The reason I ask is that it seems that on every RV forum I read about the failures and these seem to be the most common failures that I see the complaints about, but then we never hear the providers side of the issue.

Bearing that in mind, who can recommend a provider that has a 100% customer service rating with no complaints either through an agency (BBB, Angies list, ect) or on any social media site?

Remember, I am only looking for the perfect one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2017, 03:02 PM   #2

Good luck with that list.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #3

Perfect? The industry operates on the sole principal of 'buyer beware'.

Not helpful, I know, but it'll be news to me if anyone comes up with a positive reply.
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #4

Holler if you find one, I'll be all over it.
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well said!

"To travel is to live"
travelboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
"Bearing that in mind, who can recommend a provider that has a 100% customer service rating with no complaints either through an agency (BBB, Angies list, ect) or on any social media site?"

I think you should talk to a used car salesman, a motorhome salesman, or possibly an insurance salesman.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #7

Think the elephant in the room is that no-one will want to pay for such a service. If there was a market for it there would be one already.
pilotspike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #8

X2^
Old 06-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #9

It seems that most young folks these days expect to get the service you describe from "Mommy 'n Daddy RV Towing Service" at no cost.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:23 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Point well made!!
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
After reading multiple and a deep discussion of one negative incident, I have developed a question based on the service failures that I have read about here and on ther forums...

Does anybody know, or has heard of a road service provider that will:

A) Have a provider network that can provide response to anyplace that you may travel within an hour?
B) Call you back every hour and check and see how it's going?
C) Have providers that will come and fix your equipment at the scene (if possible) and not upcharge the tires or parts that they bring out to make the repair and have every part that you may need stocked on their service truck?
D) If your equipment needs towing, tow it as far as you want?
E) Allow you as many service calls per year as you desire included in your yearly subscription?
F) If it is a coach issue, to send a RV tech who is capable of working on every model of every brand and have them respond 24X7?
G) Be able to find every little crossroads on every state maintained road in the US?

The reason I ask is that it seems that on every RV forum I read about the failures and these seem to be the most common failures that I see the complaints about, but then we never hear the providers side of the issue.

Bearing that in mind, who can recommend a provider that has a 100% customer service rating with no complaints either through an agency (BBB, Angies list, ect) or on any social media site?

Remember, I am only looking for the perfect one.
AND, you only want to pay $125.00 per year right? At the risk of sounding mean, your requirements are ridiculous and seem to be avoiding reality. Service as you desire would be priced exorbitantly, and rightly so. Heck, the service truck would have to be a semi and the tech would have to be an Einstein. Maybe RVing isn't for you.
RichH
aguablanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:38 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguablanco View Post
AND, you only want to pay $125.00 per year right? At the risk of sounding mean, your requirements are ridiculous and seem to be avoiding reality. Service as you desire would be priced exorbitantly, and rightly so. Heck, the service truck would have to be a semi and the tech would have to be an Einstein. Maybe RVing isn't for you.
RichH
You know this is tongue in cheek, don't you?

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguablanco View Post
RichH
Actually I was thinking $99.99 per year if you take the 5 year special and then $125 for each year after that. Gotta get the front end of that ponzi scheme well positioned to cover the next wave.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:38 AM   #14

Mid Atlantic Campers
I have a great service provider. Always on time, always has the equipment to fix whatever is broken, only $120 a year! Company name is Me Myself and I road service and repair. Friendly​ folks service with a smile.