Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2022, 07:04 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyjim View Post
Does California mark the turnouts?
Yes on Hwy 330 the turnouts are well signed and also has signs reminding people to use them.

//Greg
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2022, 07:48 AM   #114

Talking For the Frustrated

I used to get very angered by the sub-optimal driving of some drivers. I use this mantra to always stay calm and no longer get angered by poor driving:
"THE DRIVER IS DRIVING THE BEST THEIR SKILL LEVEL ALLOWS".
How can you get angry at a driver that is doing the best they can?
//Greg
Old 08-11-2022, 08:53 AM   #115

Sorry, I find it very hard to believe most drivers are doing their best. I'm afraid way too many are putting forth the absolute minimum effort and attention they have to use to get from point A to B.
GypsyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 12:46 PM   #116

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
"I'll only pass when i know i can do so quickly and safely."

Except when you make another mistake like you did with that 55 limit sign.
Nice to know you have never made a mistake, we all wish we could be perfect like you.
F239141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:06 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by F239141 View Post
Nice to know you have never made a mistake, we all wish we could be perfect like you.
Excuse me. I'm not the one stating I will drive 5 to 15 mph over the limit because I'm special. I'm not the one calling those too cautious to pass names. I'm not the one claiming I can safely pass 4 vehicles at a time on a two lane road in my RV. I'm not the one driving a commercial vehicle 20 over in a 55 zone. The cop didn't do any favors to the other drivers by giving you a pass on that one.

Us defensive drivers watch out for aggressive drivers like you.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:14 PM   #118

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
Excuse me. I'm not the one stating I will drive 5 to 15 mph over the limit because I'm special. I'm not the one calling those too cautious to pass names. I'm not the one claiming I can safely pass 4 vehicles at a time on a two lane road in my RV. I'm not the one driving a commercial vehicle 20 over in a 55 zone. The cop didn't do any favors to the other drivers by giving you a pass on that one.

Us defensive drivers watch out for aggressive drivers like you.
Go pull the tires off your rig and set it on cinder blocks, you obviously can't handle the road anymore.
F239141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 03:30 PM   #119

The psychology of following an RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Sounds like you folks have driven the I-17 in AZ.
When we have to go to Flagstaff I drive in the Left Lane going and coming unless someone faster is coming up behind me.
The right lane is horrible

This is most of Arizona [emoji2357] lol any way in our out of there from vegas the right lane is just destroyed!
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 04:10 PM   #120
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Thread Warning

Thread Warning

Stop the bickering back and forth and stay on topic. Post your thoughts and move on. Thanks to those that are posting within the rules.
Spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 10:37 PM   #121

Tiffin Owners Club
Here in Washington (State), many of our highways are very curvaceous! Those yellow speed limit signs are really for trucks and RVs. While in a car, I can easily navigate the curve at the regular 60 mph limit. In my RV, I cannot, and follow the yellow, posted limit.

If I’m following an RV on one of these many roads, I will try to pass them as soon as I safely can, because I know they will soon be driving at least 10 mph less than normal.

If I’m driving my RV, I will usually slow down a bit on a straight stretch and let as many cars around me as I can.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:45 AM   #122

Tiffin Owners Club
Even though it happened a few years ago I remember a gal zooming past us on a 2 lane road, cutting back into our lane by cutting us off short. She was in a small economy car, we were in our Adventurer MH and towing a Jeep, there were cars coming toward us AND she slammed on her brakes to make a left hand turn. A higher being saved us and her, if I had had the opportunity I would have followed her and given her a lecture. She scared the crap out of me.
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:28 AM   #123

Winnebago Owners Club
I think many are brain dead when they get behind the wheel. I will moderate the quote so as not to offend anyone but a fellow who worked for me said "many have a button on their bum that pushes in when they sit down in the drivers seat. On some the button does not pop out when they stand up!

We were driving on a 4 lane divided. Traffic was very light in our direction, we were pretty much by ourselves. Noticed a car rapidly catching up. Car went smoking by, pulled in front and did semi brake stand to take an off ramp.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:59 PM   #124

It's where this country is right now......you were in their way.
Old 08-14-2022, 11:06 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
It's where this country is right now......you were in their way.
Sad observation but it pretty much sums it up.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 04:54 AM   #126

I would not get to philosophical about how people wanting to get around an RV are in too much of a hurry. A lot of people don't have the luxury of time, they need to get from point A to point B for reasons that matter to them and on a road they normally go 65 on, there is now an RV going 50. They are not retired, they have jobs, meals to cook, parents or kids to care for...life to manage.

It is a bit of snobbery that robs us of our ability to remember what life was like before we traveled the roads for pure pleasure, with little if any time constraint. I too reserve the right to drive at a leisurely pace, but do move over for people to get around me and even pull off from time to time if I can't keep speed. These people have places to be, jobs to do and I am just traveling for fun.
blueridgedog is offline   Reply With Quote