Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2020, 04:10 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
They think they are ahead of you on that one. Just remember: no alcoholic food allowed.
Attachment 272619
Ignorance is bliss. I didn’t notice that sign. I brought in a leftover cuban in a styrofoam container and nobody said anything. Next time I would just bring in some protein bars. Or maybe try the Cuban they sell there, it looked a lot better than the Philly chicken, which was near the seminar hall.
Ron750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2020, 09:50 PM   #100

I always walk into those shows with a water bottle in my back pocket. A lot of times sales man want to just bull with someone cool. I am there to help. They usually will reward me with a cold bottle of water for free. I have even offered to go get something for a salesman who is confined to the booth.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:31 PM   #101

Venues are not cheap to rent...🕶
RunningHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:03 AM   #102

American Coach Owners Club
Okay I will admit I did not read all eight pages on this.

However -- having put on many Home Shows with my son over the last 15 years, I will comment.

All entry fees go to the company putting on the Show.

They rent space from the "fairgrounds" or "exhibition hall"

They sell the space to the vendors -- who in the case of a home show will pay $1000-2000 for a single 10x10 booth space. Those RV dealers are paying a lot to exhibit their wares I am sure. Any other exhibitors are also paying a fee for their space to show you the latest in RV toilet hoses.

Almost all shows I have attended also get an admission fee from the people attending. That is the norm today with the exhibit companies.

The local RV dealer or exhibitor is not controlling any of this.

thx Dale
Dale70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:05 PM   #103

The "Largest RV Show" is this weekend in Charlotte.
Even though Pammi and I aren't in the market yet, it's fun to go look at the "pretty pretty's" as she calls them.
She asked how much it is to go. I told her $10 each to get in and $8 parking.
She said that she'd rather go to a dealer and see what's available!
Old 01-24-2020, 04:02 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Perrin View Post

She asked how much it is to go. I told her $10 each to get in and $8 parking.

She said that she'd rather go to a dealer and see what's available!

You are paying for the privilege of buying stuff, just like a Costco membership. What is wrong with that???
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:41 AM   #105

Mid Atlantic Campers
They don't sell you a 1/4 All Beef Hot Dog with a 20 oz. Soda with a Free Refill at the shows .
Bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:57 AM   #106

They want me to pay to go to the RV show?

Trade shows are changing in line with events in China. Many international events have been cancelled, like the huge mobile devices show in Barcelona.

I ignored a local tech show last week based on the $75 basic entrance fee. Thousands of dollars if you want to attend all the seminars. On the first day of the show I received an email saying, “For you, free”. The organizers obviously understood that a poor showing of attendees this year would make it difficult to sell booth space next year.

It’s like selling anything. Raise the price until nobody is interested. Then lower it a little.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:06 AM   #107

Just paid $6 to go to Houston RV show. Saves me way more than that in gas savings and time spent going to individual dealers. The day I can’t afford the entry fee I will stop but at this point not much of a problem. To each there own.

Enjoy the journey
Old 02-15-2020, 08:15 AM   #108

We paid $4 each to attend the Jacksonville Mega RV show (senior rate). They had hundreds of TT and MH available to view, from $13K to $300K. Based on what we saw, we're going to finish the remodel on our '96 Daybreak, enjoy it this year, then likely trade up a few years.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:02 PM   #109

In a few hours you can see a huge amount of models. It would take trips to a lot of dealers to see the same breadth of products and would cost more in gas than the entry fee.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:50 AM   #110

Try going to one of the larger boat shows such as Miami or Annapolis. Last time I went to Annapolis, some years now, the price was $25.00. Many boats required shoes to be removed before boarding & some no boarding at all unless you had an appointment.

I guess the price discourages the time wasters & tire kickers.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:20 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle Drifter View Post
Try going to one of the larger boat shows such as Miami or Annapolis. Last time I went to Annapolis, some years now, the price was $25.00. Many boats required shoes to be removed before boarding & some no boarding at all unless you had an appointment.

I guess the price discourages the time wasters & tire kickers.
Three years ago at the Tampa RV show they had Newell and Marathon in one building and viewing was appointment only. You could stand on a platform to look in the door but couldn't go in. It wasn't something I was interested in anyway. We looked at a lot of Class A coaches and frankly didn't see any that we felt were better that the Itasca we had. Many cases the excessive dark cabinets and seating, mirror marble like flooring, tacky trim colors in window treatment. We were never tempted very much and realized how good our coach was and a keeper.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:58 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
Three years ago at the Tampa RV show they had Newell and Marathon in one building and viewing was appointment only. You could stand on a platform to look in the door but couldn't go in. It wasn't something I was interested in anyway. We looked at a lot of Class A coaches and frankly didn't see any that we felt were better that the Itasca we had. Many cases the excessive dark cabinets and seating, mirror marble like flooring, tacky trim colors in window treatment. We were never tempted very much and realized how good our coach was and a keeper.
Someone was getting a tour of the Newell when I walked up and no one was guarding the door, so we went in.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote