Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2021, 05:40 PM   #43

OMG...you people are cracking me up! I LOL'd so many times reading this thread.
jmzumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2021, 06:23 PM   #44

82?

82. Make sure you get a Diesel Pusher with a diesel particulate filter (DPF)
83. Never buy one of those Diesel Pushers with a "soot cooker" on it.
84. Make sure your Washer/Dryer combo is vented to the outside.
85. Who needs a washer/Dryer?
86. Always make sure to buy diesel from truck stops because they have fresh fuel.
87. Never leave the driver's seat while going down the road to get something out of the fridge.
JimWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:41 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljourner View Post
OMG! I am laughing so hard right now that tears are streaming down my face!
this

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:47 PM   #46

Best thread yet!!
HarleyRider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:53 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadJokeDad View Post
1. Don't watch people back in.
2. Watch people back in, it's great fun.
3. Don't talk to people when they are backing in.
4. Be neighborly. But leave people alone.
5. Don't run lights, your AC, or your generator at night.
6. You can drive with your propane on.
7. Don't drive with your propane on.
8. You can drive with your generator on.
9. Don't sleep at rest areas. They are for truck drivers only.
10. No they aren't. Yes they are. No they aren't.
11. Have a checklist or you're going to drive down the road with hoses flapping, awnings flying, and your family dog tied to the bumper.
12. RV Internet is super easy to figure out, you just need a flux capacitor from T-mobileAttSprint, 7 yards of coax cable, and a wine rack on your roof. But have two other systems as back up just in case.
13. You think RV Internet is confusing, let's talk solar setups!
14. Batteries. Probably going to need more no matter what you do. Let's see how many golf cart batteries we can fit in the basement.
15. Insulate the wall behind your fridge. Add seven fans to your fridge. Probably still not going to be enough and you're going to lose your food several times before you figure it out.
16. Don't bring your dog in your RV. Or your kids. Or anything that makes noise.
17. Dogs, kids, and summer fun-noise are essential to RVing! Bring them all!
18. If your RV is over ten years old, you go to the back of the park, next to the swamp, watch out for those rusty barrels marked TOXIC that are right on the edge of your site.
20. Get walkie talkies. You need them for backing in.
21. Get a surge protector. Your RV will fry without it, and if you don't lock it up, it will get stolen.
22. Get an RV GPS. If you don't, you'll probably end up dead under a low hanging underpass. Whatever GPS you get, it's probably going to still try to kill you when you aren't paying attention.
23. 300 miles a day or you will be sorry.
24. 800 miles a day or you are a lazy meatsack!
25. Harvest Hosts are awesome! Unless you are an alcoholic because 95% of them are wineries.
26. Plan ahead! All the good spots are taken.
27. Don't plan ahead, enjoy the mysteries and freedom of RV life! Stay where you want!
28. Walmart parking lots are great.
29. Can't stay at some Walmart parking lots. Other Walmart parking lots, you're probably going to wake up in your bathtub missing your kidneys.
30. Cracker Barrel is the place to stay now! Except they only have 4 RV spots and now everyone knows about Cracker Barrel so head up to the Rest area on the freeway, but wait, don't stay there because truckers...ugh.
31. Whatever you think you're going to tow, you can't! It weighs too much because that number you thought was important isn't the right number to be looking at. You need a Ford F950 to pull that corolla!
32. Horse Hockey! I can pull a train engine with my Class C! Watch me!
33. Full Timers ruin it for everyone.
34. Casual RVers ruin it for everyone.
35. RV Renters ruin it for everyone.
36. Millenial Rvers ruin it for everyone.
37. Boomer RVers ruin it for everyone.
38. Boondockers ruin it for everyone.
39. Stay at RV parks. Leave the Boondocking for people that need to boondock.
40. Boondock. You haven't lived until you've boondocked in the desert with coyotes curled up at your feet while you play the wooden flute and drink home made tequila while it's 110 degrees inside your non-AC travel trailer.
41. Coach-Net is the best. Good Sam sucks donkey butt. FMCA is great too.
42. FMCA? What the heck is that? Never heard of it.
43. Good Sam saved our lives! Coach Net is for snobs in new Diesel pushers that get to park up front at the park.
44. They all suck. Just use the one that comes with your insurance, stupid noob!
45. Cable TV at a park. What's that? Cable? People still have cable?
46. Free Wi Fi at a campground is apparently the newest circle of hell.
47. KOA is the greatest place on earth. Except when it's the worst.
48. If you don't go to Destin, you are nobody.
49. Florida is full. It's booked up through 2032.
50. You're going to screw up your black water tank/dumping procedure and get covered head to toe in poop. it's inevitable. Just accept that it will happen.

I say all this in the spirit of humorous learning and excitement at the adventures ahead of me, and as a thank you to all the folks teaching me so much that will hopefully keep me from many of the mistakes mentioned above.
you are a funny dude or dudet, i have thought the same about much of the information above. Thanks for the laugh.
Tejasjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:01 PM   #48

RV Wisdom Compilation

Here's all the "wisdom" from this post compiled into a single post. This is definatly going to my Sister and B in L who just bought a gargantuan 5th Wheeler and will be selling their house and full-timing in a few months. If this doesn't make their head spin like Linda Blair (look it up if you don't get the reference), nothing will.

Things I'm learning about RVing from forums and Youtube
4. Be neighborly. But leave people alone.
5. Don't run lights, your AC, or your generator at night.
6. You can drive with your propane on.
7. Don't drive with your propane on.
8. You can drive with your generator on.
9. Don't sleep at rest areas. They are for truck drivers only.
10. No they aren't. Yes they are. No they aren't.
11. Have a checklist or you're going to drive down the road with hoses flapping, awnings flying, and your family dog tied to the bumper.
12. RV Internet is super easy to figure out, you just need a flux capacitor from T-mobileAttSprint, 7 yards of coax cable, and a wine rack on your roof. But have two other systems as back up just in case.
13. You think RV Internet is confusing, let's talk solar setups!
14. Batteries. Probably going to need more no matter what you do. Let's see how many golf cart batteries we can fit in the basement.
15. Insulate the wall behind your fridge. Add seven fans to your fridge. Probably still not going to be enough and you're going to lose your food several times before you figure it out.
16. Don't bring your dog in your RV. Or your kids. Or anything that makes noise.
17. Dogs, kids, and summer fun-noise are essential to RVing! Bring them all!
18. If your RV is over ten years old, you go to the back of the park, next to the swamp, watch out for those rusty barrels marked TOXIC that are right on the edge of your site.
20. Get walkie talkies. You need them for backing in.
21. Get a surge protector. Your RV will fry without it, and if you don't lock it up, it will get stolen.
22. Get an RV GPS. If you don't, you'll probably end up dead under a low hanging underpass. Whatever GPS you get, it's probably going to still try to kill you when you aren't paying attention.
23. 300 miles a day or you will be sorry.
24. 800 miles a day or you are a lazy meatsack!
25. Harvest Hosts are awesome! Unless you are an alcoholic because 95% of them are wineries.
26. Plan ahead! All the good spots are taken.
27. Don't plan ahead, enjoy the mysteries and freedom of RV life! Stay where you want!
28. Walmart parking lots are great.
29. Can't stay at some Walmart parking lots. Other Walmart parking lots, you're probably going to wake up in your bathtub missing your kidneys.
30. Cracker Barrel is the place to stay now! Except they only have 4 RV spots and now everyone knows about Cracker Barrel so head up to the Rest area on the freeway, but wait, don't stay there because truckers...ugh.
31. Whatever you think you're going to tow, you can't! It weighs too much because that number you thought was important isn't the right number to be looking at. You need a Ford F950 to pull that corolla!
32. Horse Hockey! I can pull a train engine with my Class C! Watch me!
33. Full Timers ruin it for everyone.
34. Casual RVers ruin it for everyone.
35. RV Renters ruin it for everyone.
36. Millennial Rvers ruin it for everyone.
37. Boomer RVers ruin it for everyone.
38. Boondockers ruin it for everyone.
39. Stay at RV parks. Leave the Boondocking for people that need to boondock.
40. Boondock. You haven't lived until you've boondocked in the desert with coyotes curled up at your feet while you play the wooden flute and drink homemade tequila while it's 110 degrees inside your non-AC travel trailer.
41. Coach-Net is the best. Good Sam sucks donkey butt. FMCA is great too.
42. FMCA? What the heck is that? Never heard of it.
43. Good Sam saved our lives! Coach Net is for snobs in new Diesel pushers that get to park up front at the park.
44. They all suck. Just use the one that comes with your insurance, stupid noob!
45. Cable TV at a park. What's that? Cable? People still have cable?
46. Free Wi Fi at a campground is apparently the newest circle of hell.
47. KOA is the greatest place on earth. Except when it's the worst.
48. If you don't go to Destin, you are nobody.
49. Florida is full. It's booked up through 2032.
50. You're going to screw up your black water tank/dumping procedure and get covered head to toe in poop. it's inevitable. Just accept that it will happen.
51. Don't start a fire. Wood smoke is the devil.
52. Wood smoke is part of camping! Propane fire pits are the devil.
53. DON'T WALK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S SITES!!!
54. You need an e-bike. No, don't ask why, just get one.
55. When you gas up, make sure to stand at the pump when finished, check your rig, have a coffee, fill up your tires, even those hard to get ones that make you do the monkey dance. Never, ever move out of the pump lane for these things.
56. Do #55 and people will be completely justified to murder you.
57. You need a Non-CDL for your rig. But it's still a Commercial non-CDL.
58. In regard to #57, um, whut?
59. Tents are just obstacles meant to be driven over when parking your much more important rig. Why do they even let those peons stay where I'm staying?
60. Invest as much money as you can in a great RV so you can enjoy the great outdoors. Stay inside your air conditioned RV and watch TV. Outdoors is overrated.
61. Follow the tire pressure charts the tire manufacturers publish. If you deviate from that your tires will explode.
62. Add 5 or 10 pounds of tire pressure or some arbitrary percentage to be safe(r).
63. Replace your tires according to when the tire companies say they are too old and not safe.
64. You can recoup some of the expense of new tires by selling your out of date unsafe tires to somebody else.
65. All that extra money you had when you decided to get in to RVing? Well, put half of it in a repair fund. Then put the other half in the repair fund.
66. Diesel Class A full timers: People with a lot of money, fancy rigs, and extra time chasing the weather and enjoying life. Pretty cool.
67. Gas Class A Full timers: Maybe retired, cruising the land, loving life. Pretty cool.
68. Class C full timers: Awww, a family living the free nomad life, learning from all that this land has to offer. Pretty cool.
69. Fifth Wheel full timers: Yeah man, that's a nice rig. About as tall as a single engine Cessna cruises at! Lots of room. Pretty cool.
70. Travel Trailer full timers: Boondockers probably, definitely a YouTube family, enjoying life, pretty cool.
71. Class B full timers: Hmm...ok, a little strange, tiny little RVs, still, they're easy to drive, easy to park, enjoying life. Pretty cool.
72. Schoolie (Skoolie?") conversion bus full timers: Yeah, no. I know your rig cost a quarter mil to convert and is pretty nice, but you're probably hippies. Don't let them in the campground!
73: Truck campers full timers: NOPE NOPE NOPE! Those aren't even campers! Probably Doomsday Preppers on their way out to the mountains to hole up in their bunkers! Don't let them in the campground!
74: Van Life full timers: HECK NO! They're just homeless people living in a van down by the Rio! Don't let them kid you! They'll probably poop on your lawn. Don't let them in the campground!
75: YouTubing RVers are the worst! But also, can I interview you for my channel?
76. I sold my 4-year-old unit for way more then I paid for it.
77. Why are new units so expensive?
78. There's a camping scale. It goes from being cast naked and empty-handed into the woods up to a multi-million-dollar coach docked in its own personal climate-controlled hangar. No matter where you are on that scale, someone will point out that somewhere else on that scale is "Real" camping.
79. Don't say "hot water heater". It freaks some folks right out.
80. Somewhere around 25% of Youtubers actually have no idea what they are doing.
81. It's a water heater, hot water doesn't need heating, it's already hot.
82. If you don't have TPMS on your rig, a tire will blow up at any moment causing a fatal accident that your insurance will not cover.

email me if you would like the Word document.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:51 PM   #49

Thank you - I feel the same - good laugh!
elksands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #50

Mid Atlantic Campers
I’m dead. You need to go on the road with this gem. I haven’t laughed this hard in months!!
Old 05-13-2021, 09:07 PM   #51

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerRat View Post
If you have the ability to make the list a single printable page, I’m willing to PAY for it....... I have a 13x19 printer and laminator BEGGIN’ to make THAT poster!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Just copy the text and put it in a Word document or Pages if you have a Mac. Easy.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:36 AM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks DadJokeDad! That is very original and funny! This should get a nomination for Post of the Year!
pete5016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:00 AM   #53

The best comedy is rooted in reality If Dad is not a professional writer or comedian, he should be . That’s some funny stuff
LRACE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:06 AM   #54

Great list!

And especially perfect as we head over to our parked diesel pusher for a long weekend at the lake!

There is a whole list on just water hoses and sewer hoses/macerators to cover as well!
Old 05-14-2021, 06:41 AM   #55

Man, I'm laughing so hard right now! Thank you for this!!!!
SickPup404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:57 AM   #56

Thanks so much for starting my day with a laugh!
slmink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, rving