Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2022, 09:17 PM   #57

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I just got back from a short trip. About 400 miles total. Going out for 4,000 miles next month.....life is good, no waiting in line for fuel. Remember those days?
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2022, 11:13 PM   #58

We are going on our annual trip with motorhome and boat up to Vancouver Island BC next month. Had to postpone the last 2 years because of Covid. The only thing worse on fuel than our coach is our boat. It holds 180 gallons and we usually fill up every three days. Dock fuel in Canada will probably be $10.00 per gallon I imagine. Ouch! Salmon will probably cost us about $300 per pound before it’s over. Oh well. Only other option is to stay home and if we do that we might as well sell all this stuff and be done with it.
Dmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:36 AM   #59

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Last week's trip to our favorite boondocking spot cost $310 for fuel. Not terrible for 3 days at the best resort in the world! $100.33 dollars per night for lodging and the food was the same cost as home but taste WAY better!

I'm hoping for $3.50 fuel in the future but current prices can still provide a great experience!
Old 06-20-2022, 05:36 AM   #60

We paid $6.08 yesterday for diesel. Only needed about 100 gal so not too bad :-) . We will be doing somewhere around 8,000 miles this summer/fall. Not happy about the fuel costs but why sit home
PanJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 05:51 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
We will be at Cross Creek RV Park. Really nice place and nice people!
Joe Maggie is beautiful in October.

We have stayed at Cross Creek for 8 years or so. 2 years ago Karen was walking the dogs and a realtor was just putting up a for sale sign and she talked to him for a few minutes and told him we would be right back, I didn't know we were seriously looking but I guess we were. Went down and bought it on the spot. Nice smaller home about 1400 sq.ft 10' off the creek but no regs so ok to have the coach there, in fact it is approved for 5 rv sites.

We did stay here for the winter, first time in snow in 40 years...and our last, back to the sunshine state November through April.

We are in the midst of adding on a rv garage, hobby room, 3 car garage, a studio and guest apartment total about 3800 sq.ft. Also have 2 full hook up for up to 45' rvs.

We are just down the street from Cross Creek next to the dark brown cabins. Stop by for drink and sit on the creek.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hzSVZVLTZ1NnBB

Capt Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 06:07 AM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
We are seriously considering cancelling our reservations for the month of October in Maggie Valley, NC due to fuel cost.

I figure that diesel will be at least $6.00 per gallon by then, and it will cost us about $700 just for fuel!

[Mod Edit]
For me, it would all hinge on how much I enjoy the location I'm travelling to. I have a gasser and my fuel bills are through the roof, but! life is too short to put a price tag on good times and memories. It's frustrating that greed, government and manipulation can have such a negative impact in our lives. "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead". Either way I hope you have a safe and wonderful season.
Tilted Kilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 06:14 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Diesel hasn't been lower than $2 since 2004.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...TE_NUS_DPG&f=W
We were paying under $2 on a regular basis prior to November 2020 in Central Texas. This one is from October 2020. I used to send these photos to my buddies that live in Nor Cal. They hovered ±$2 for several years before that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	368766  
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 06:50 AM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Diesel shortages

Has anyone seen any diesel shortages yet? We heard Several gas stations in the Florida panhandle were out of diesel in Destin, Navarre, Fort Walton and Crestview.
keefer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 07:02 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefer62 View Post
Has anyone seen any diesel shortages yet? We heard Several gas stations in the Florida panhandle were out of diesel in Destin, Navarre, Fort Walton and Crestview.
There have been some spotty short term outages along I-40 in the West but not due to a shortage of fuel, just delivery issues.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 07:30 AM   #66

Well Mr Joe, so far there is only 5 pages as replies to your original posted message. So, I'm sure all the responses have encouraged you to load up in October and find your place. I don't know if you will find an available site now.

We used to go every year in October to Cherokee. Most years we stay at "Flaming Arrow" near or just in Cherokee. It's not the greatest, but we enjoy staying in the park. Although, we are mostly only there at night.
We aren't making reservations this year due to Jan's health, not fuel cost.
Joe and Annette, have fun and stay safe.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:34 AM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
We were paying under $2 on a regular basis prior to November 2020 in Central Texas. This one is from October 2020. I used to send these photos to my buddies that live in Nor Cal. They hovered ±$2 for several years before that.
Actually, the national average for fuel bottomed out in April of 2020 and has been rising every since. Hopefully, you understood that fuel wasnt going to stay as cheap as it was prior to November 2020.

Anyone who knew that drilling for oil in the USA almost stopped by August of 2020 knew that as soon as the economy started picking up after the shutdowns during the worst of the pandemic that prices for fuel were going to rise until demand and the supply of crude oil equalized, and we are not there yet.
Old 06-20-2022, 10:25 AM   #68
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJango View Post
Well Mr Joe, so far there is only 5 pages as replies to your original posted message. So, I'm sure all the responses have encouraged you to load up in October and find your place. I don't know if you will find an available site now.

We used to go every year in October to Cherokee. Most years we stay at "Flaming Arrow" near or just in Cherokee. It's not the greatest, but we enjoy staying in the park. Although, we are mostly only there at night.
We aren't making reservations this year due to Jan's health, not fuel cost.
Joe and Annette, have fun and stay safe.
No problem there! We put down a deposit and reserved a site several months ago!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:31 AM   #69
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Van View Post
Joe Maggie is beautiful in October.

We have stayed at Cross Creek for 8 years or so. 2 years ago Karen was walking the dogs and a realtor was just putting up a for sale sign and she talked to him for a few minutes and told him we would be right back, I didn't know we were seriously looking but I guess we were. Went down and bought it on the spot. Nice smaller home about 1400 sq.ft 10' off the creek but no regs so ok to have the coach there, in fact it is approved for 5 rv sites.

We did stay here for the winter, first time in snow in 40 years...and our last, back to the sunshine state November through April.

We are in the midst of adding on a rv garage, hobby room, 3 car garage, a studio and guest apartment total about 3800 sq.ft. Also have 2 full hook up for up to 45' rvs.

We are just down the street from Cross Creek next to the dark brown cabins. Stop by for drink and sit on the creek.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hzSVZVLTZ1NnBB

WOW! You could park a 747 in that building! Thanks for the invite!
Old 06-20-2022, 10:35 AM   #70
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
OK guys, you've convinced us! Barring any medical problems we will be going to Maggie Valley in October! Thanks so much for all your comments and encouragement!

Hope we can meet some of you that will be in that area then.