Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2022, 05:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
There are responsible RVers who leave a site equal to or better than they found it and then there are people who are just irresponsible and care nothing about how their presence affects another's property. Our actions are a reflection of how we were raised and who we really are.

I will AMEN that!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2022, 08:34 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
There are responsible RVers who leave a site equal to or better than they found it and then there are people who are just irresponsible and care nothing about how their presence affects another's property. Our actions are a reflection of how we were raised and who we really are.
Sadly, we are seeing fewer raised with these standards.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 10:09 AM   #17

I think I am just going to Pass on making a comment on this one! Just when you think you have seen it all.............
BOSTONBERNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 12:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ-Chris View Post
Everyone should have one of these sewer hose supports...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EDQQJ2

Although, in this case with the sewer hose stretched to it's maximum it might not have helped.

Be smart out there...
Chris

I've seen too many times where the accordian-like supports fall over. I took a 10' vinyl roof gutter cut in half (2 - 5' sections) that I put the sewer hose in, using one or both sections as needed. Less expensive and better support.
Old 11-18-2022, 01:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenW View Post
OP here, when I took the pic, the hose was completely unsupported, not touching the ground and stretched to its limit while attached to sewer in FHU site. Never saw the owners, since we were camped in a different loop and only walked this loop twice. Based on where in the site the hosts were cleaning, I think the hose separated from its fitting at the RV end when the dump valve was pulled. I did mention it to the RV owner in the next site, no idea if he talked to them.
Did you tell the camp host the first time you saw it as a precaution?
Old 11-18-2022, 04:54 PM   #20

There are a lot of new/beginner campers out there. When you see a situation like this, kindly approach them and inform them that you have seen this situation lead to spills. Offer them your knowledge on how to rectify the problem.
grldst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 11:20 AM   #21

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
No way to tell what the problem is from the photo. Having worked a campground host for several years, we find that most of the campers are pretty decent and do not make a big mess, but some need to be banned from camping. They do not know how to hoop up the sewer, they do not know how to drive the rig, they do not teach the kids to pick up their trash and the list goes on and on.

We stopped hosting after a summer where we had to clean up human waste from the shower 3 times. It was even smeared on the ceiling. There are some really stupid and sick people out there. The only way they can feel good about themselves is to make a mess for someone else to clean up.

Ken
I remember when I first got to Camp Patriot in Kuwait in 2003, walked into the shower house and there was a big sign that read, "Don't S#$t in the Showers". My common sense asked me, Who would need a sign to tell them not to S#$t in the showers? Then my common sense told me, they wouldn't have put up the sign if someone hadn't already done it. WTH? My dad always taught me not to S#$t where you sleep, or in this case, shower.
Geo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 11:44 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo64 View Post
Who would need a sign to tell them not to S#$t in the showers? Then my common sense told me, they wouldn't have put up the sign if someone hadn't already done it. WTH?
This was at the top of Haleakalā in Maui
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0300.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	381195
You know multiple people had to have done this for a National Park to put up a sign.
Parafango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 10:57 AM   #23

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
And “Here’s yer sign”. Amazing. I had heard in AZ there is a law requiring stinky slinkies to be supported and off the ground between the source and sewer pipe. I have yet to find that law/code/statute on the books. But it is a good idea.
Jchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 03:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchemie View Post
And “Here’s yer sign”. Amazing. I had heard in AZ there is a law requiring stinky slinkies to be supported and off the ground between the source and sewer pipe. I have yet to find that law/code/statute on the books. But it is a good idea.
I traveled to the farthest point in Key West after stopping at Disney World Fort Wilderness. If you elect to stay there ( immaculate RV Park!) you will need a hose support and a hose donut if the part of your hose that goes in the connecting pipe doesn't make a firm/secure contact with their pipe. I'm not 100% sure its the same requirement throughout Florida.
Parafango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 04:46 PM   #25

Have you been to any public restroom lately. I see so many urinals with puddles under like they stood 3 feet back and don’t flush! That is a downfall of my travel trailers solid steps which take an effort to use my restroom at stops
RickMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 05:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchemie View Post
We had a lot in the Escapees RV Park, Benson, AZ and everyone was required to use a sewer hose support as it was a county ordinance. Inspections were done. As far as I know, it was required in a lot, if not all, rv parks in AZ.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 10:34 PM   #27

My nephew works as a seasonal for the county parks. He says their primary job is to clean up after the human animals. He says it been a real eye opener seeing what people can and will do on a regular basis.

With the big surge in new Rivers the past few years, there's a greater chance of running across unexpected campers.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 06:32 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
My Workamper teammate and I had to clean up after an RV owner that had rented a Water/Electric ONLY site but proceeded to stuff his sewer hose into a BLUE capped opening which was obviously a very deep-water shutoff valve. Once the sewage started to burst out like Old Faithful, he obviously knew he had made a mistake.

This was a river-edge site on the Saco River in New Hampshire. We had to use lots of garbage bags to scoop up the "debris" then used bags of lime to spread around the area.

You can't fix "stupid"!
Surf Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote