Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2018, 08:28 AM   #1

Those bubbles........

Hello everyone:
Please bear with me,I may
not be using the proper terms to express the problem.On the surface of my 2008 Salem I can see,blisters or bubbles.
Is there a big problem?.I live in Fl and I'd
like to know How detrimental is to the unit
and should worry about it.Many thanks in advance for your time in replying,araucano.
araucano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2018, 08:48 AM   #2

A picture would help, but it sounds like delamination where moisture gets into a wall and starts degrading the glue causing the bubbles.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Roof or sidewalls? Blisters on the sidewalls is delamination and usually means water intrusion, a serious problem.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:14 PM   #4

Photos would certainly help.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:01 PM   #5

I'm thinking that you are talking about blisters on the side skin of the coach, and that they are like blisters, only hard.

How long have you had the coach? Have they always been there, or are they showing up and increasing?

All around, or just in spots? All sides, or one side? If one side, is it the one away from the sun, or facing?