Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2020, 08:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
To the best of my knowledge that is absolutely correct. One note: You may not have current reservations for multiple holidays. For example, if you're reserved for Memorial Day, you will not be allowed to make a July 4 reservation at any TT park until your Memorial Day reservation is over. In order to deal with that we usually book a reservation for right *after* July 4. That way we can make our Labor Day reservation the minute our 60-day window opens.

Good luck, and good camping!

Roger
IF you’re contemplating the Trails Collection I suggest attempting to make your reservations for the holiday at one of the TC parks. The benefit we found doing that was that they assign spots so you’re not fighting the first come first parked at the TT parks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2020, 11:23 AM   #16

If I were you I start out with their basic "Zone Pass" that runs ~$500 for a year to try Thousand Trails out with minimal commitment... When you are in the park you can judge for yourself weather its worth it (Some love TT and others don't for a myriad of reason not related to the parks themselves)... Once you are there you will meet many people with the Elite lifetime memberships to get to know how it works first hand - And will most likely meet someone wanting to sell their lifetime membership (But read the fine print as each membership is different as to the number of parks, reservation window and if reselling is possible)...

Here is a good overview...
https://rvlove.com/2019/03/07/thousa...ass-explained/
Old 09-29-2020, 03:52 PM   #17

I agree with KRum. I started out with a zone pass and then bought another zone. I liked the zone pass as I learned more about the TT CGs and traveled using them.

While camping I met the couple in the next site, whom were full-timers and we talked about TT and found that they had an Elite plan. Every day we talked a little and I said that I think I need to buy that level plan. We talked a few more times and she said her half sister had inherited an Elite plan from her Dad but didn't have a way to use it, since she had no RV. Long story short, she hooked us up and I ended up buying her plan for about 1/3 you can from a reseller.
The key is if you find a plan that you're interested in from a private seller, that you have them contact TT and tell them that they are selling their plan to you and give them the authorization to talk to you about the plan and contract - some are worthless when sold because they default back to a zone pass if sold - it's usually a lower level. So you want to learn the life of the contract to see if it is worth buying. Since the one I bought was inherited, it didn't degrade to the original level (most were upgraded from a lower package). When I sell our it will be sold at a lower level - Platinum, which is still valuable.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:42 PM   #18

Thank you for all the responses. I purchased a camping pass for the Southwest. Paid $479 with 20% off discount. I booked 14 days starting in one week and I booked 14 days starting 60 days out in December. Both we're at Pio Pico Campground near San Diego. That brings my price per night down to $17 already. Those are $65 cash spots. Was kind of surprised both were available that easily. I'm a happy camper even if I don't use it again, which of course I will use again. I am hanging around Southern California for a few months and this is a huge savings.
GaryKowal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 04:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKowal1 View Post
Thank you for all the responses. I purchased a camping pass for the Southwest. Paid $479 with 20% off discount. I booked 14 days starting in one week and I booked 14 days starting 60 days out in December. Both we're at Pio Pico Campground near San Diego. That brings my price per night down to $17 already. Those are $65 cash spots. Was kind of surprised both were available that easily. I'm a happy camper even if I don't use it again, which of course I will use again. I am hanging around Southern California for a few months and this is a huge savings.
Curious as a test... Could you try to book their campgrounds in Palm Springs and Pacifica (San Francisco) and see if there is any availability in the next 60 days?...
Old 10-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRum View Post
Curious as a test... Could you try to book their campgrounds in Palm Springs and Pacifica (San Francisco) and see if there is any availability in the next 60 days?...
I picked Nov 15-19 and San Fran: found 2 sites for 42' and 1 for 36' or less.
I don't see an RV site available in Palm Springs CG for the same dates.
It is best to call each park ranger for availability.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:46 PM   #21

I can't check the Pacifica site because that one requires the upgrade membership. I did check the Palm Springs RV Resort checking in on the 1st of December and staying for 14 days if they had availability for my 28 foot RV. You did not tell me what the equipment was
GaryKowal1 is offline   Reply With Quote