Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #1

Tire Pressure & Temp Monitor Info

Trying to sort through the many TPTM units on the market and would like any info anyone has using these systems. I've very interested in the unit put out by Hawkshead as it appears to be user friendly to install/operate, moderately priced and has replaceable batteries. Anything would help and since I am new to the MH world(pulled TTs for 20+ yrs), do anyone think these systems are a scam as I never had a problem pulling my TT across country. Thanks for help... EZ-6
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2010, 12:23 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Easyrider-6
I have always used a Pressure Pro on my coach and toad. It only measures pressurebut thats all I need. I have never had a tire problem in 70,000 miles. It was easy to install and easy to read. Thats only my opinion. I am sure you will be getting all kinds of information on the many different ones out there. For me the Pressure Pro is tops.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:54 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I decided on the TST system two years ago mostly because of price but I did like the temperature read out. It's performed very well and paid for itself already since I nearly had an inside tire go flat in the very beginning and was able to pull over in time to find a nail and repair it.

There are a few threads on this so if you search you can also get a lot of information.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:22 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I've had the TST system for over a year now and love it. Easy to install and easy to read. MANY GOOD SYSTEMS OUT THERE, THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO GET ONE!!!! It only has to work once to make it a wise choice. After all RV's don't get flats too often. Once the tire pressure is too low you get a blow out. Not fun doing 65 MPH! The first two items I would put on any rig I bought would be a TPMS and a surge guard. Many happy miles and smiles
Dan
Old 09-04-2010, 06:05 AM   #5

TST has a new RV system Truck System Technologies, Inc out now that we purchased about a month ago. Monitors pressure and temperature, replaceable batteries, 2 year warranty, and is easy to install. So far it works as it's supposed to.
lostagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We've been using the Hawkshead Monitor... Love it!!!! Best, it is very easy to use but most importantly, it monitors Tire Temperature also. Temperature can help see a problem, Before it is a Problem!!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #7

Thanks for your advice and comments!!!

EZ-6
Old 09-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #8

I narrowed my choices to Hawkshead and TST.
I bought a TST TPMS 4 sensor system for our 5er July 1, and immediately left on a 6 week trip. Programming the receiver was very easy (I actually read and followed directions). It alerted me to low pressure once, tire picked up a nail. A week later it alerted me to elevated temperatures in all 4 tires! I thought it went bad, actually_ all four tires were failing from ply separation! The tires were distorted and worn bare in patches. The truck tire shop where I stopped said it was the first time they had ever seen all 4 fail at once.
BTW I'll never buy Triangle ST tires again.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote