Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2009, 04:45 AM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
....I will say that the Rubber Industry says over 90% of all tire failures are a result of under-inflation.
I'll add that other than the 1%ers here.....most people with a vehicle on rubber tires don't give a rats patoot about their pressure...

I am one of those 1%ers..
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Joe, .
I will say that the Rubber Industry says over 90% of all tire failures are a result of under-inflation.
I agree with this; from my experance;

lowering your tire pressure will give a softer ride; but there is a price to pay.,

when the road is rough---slow down---this works even in life.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #31

tire pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Michelin has a video that instructs the driver to hammer down in the event of a front tire blowout and then pull over to the side of the road and back out of the gas. The entire operation requires the driver stay off the brake pedal.

i have michelins with 110 psi max., i called michelin re: tire pressure was was told to keep 100 in each of the six tires. walter
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer
Michelin has a video that instructs the driver to hammer down in the event of a front tire blowout and then pull over to the side of the road and back out of the gas. The entire operation requires the driver stay off the brake pedal.

I got broadsided a few months ago; had I hit the brakes, I'm sure I would have rolled over; when your motorhome goes out of control, the worst thing to do is stand on the brakes; (even though this is the natural reaction)
thank goodness I was prepaired for this and didn't hit the brakes.
when you see an 18 wheeler that is jackknifed in an accident; most of the time the operator hit the brakes.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Since we are talking about tires, pressure and blowouts, I wanted to add this information.

CampingWorld (Very Nice Place, no issues, no negative remarks, always very helpful) told me about a tire blowout protection system called: Tyron

Tyron Automotive

I've been doing some research on the Tyron wheel bands, and it appears they are what they claim. There's only one problem... $$$$$$ Each tire band installed cost around $750.00 per wheel. Front wheel only installs are typical so you it will not be easy to rotate tires front to back.

The solution does not prevent a blowout but will keep the blown tire from shredding off the rim and by holding it on, helps the driver to maintain control (almost a run flat). This along with a TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) appears to be the best thing available today. TPMS can monitor pressure and temp.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote