RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #1

Tire Pressure Monitor Systems

We have a 2015 View Winnebago motor home and are considering installing Tire Pressure Monitor System. I've done some checking and their are a lot out there. One brad EEZ TPM56 Real time - 6 (for 6 tires) had some good reviews. Also saw Schrader and Lippert Tire Linc I thought the EEZ would be the best since it has a little display that either fits on the dash or window. I'd rather not have one that you need a mobile phone. Any feedback out there?
cruzincooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
I've used the TST 507 system for six years and it has worked flawlessly. You will get a variety of opinions on which is best so here's a ton of reading for you since this subject comes up all the time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tpms...earch=irv2.com
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:07 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I've had a TST 507 for 11 years and I love it. It performs the way I want it to. It has a nice screen which is easy to read (no squinting). I upgraded to the color monitor 2 years ago and it is nice. It's a little more pricey but I think that the product coupled with excellent CS is worth the extras money.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:16 PM   #4

A heads up!

Whichever one you purchase, take note.(I have TST 507 flow-thru system) Today I had a flat tire on the MH, didn't know until I raised the jacks. After investigation the reason for the flat I discovered the valve core was not tight in the TPMS sender unit. Tightened the core, aired up the tire and it is not leaking. I was glad I was home instead of on the road.

I then tested all the other TPMS valve cores and every one took a bit of tightening. I then tested the ones on the truck we tow, the rears were both loose but since they are low pressure the valve caps had prevented leaking.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:57 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I bought the TireTraker system for the following reasons:

1. Lowest cost at the time for a system with 10 sensors and a repeater.

2. User-replaceable low-cost sensor batteries.

3. Easy to program and use.

4. Lifetime warranty

5. Good customer support.

6. Cap-type sensors to prevent possible air loss.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:25 AM   #6

EEZ now have a color monitor........
Old 09-20-2020, 08:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzincooper View Post
We have a 2015 View Winnebago motor home and are considering installing Tire Pressure Monitor System. I've done some checking and their are a lot out there. One brad EEZ TPM56 Real time - 6 (for 6 tires) had some good reviews. Also saw Schrader and Lippert Tire Linc I thought the EEZ would be the best since it has a little display that either fits on the dash or window. I'd rather not have one that you need a mobile phone. Any feedback out there?
6 years with eez. Great product and Support. I emailed them on a Sunday of a holiday weekend. Got back to me in 30 min.
fairway2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:34 AM   #8

Going to stop by EEZ's place in Yuma next month to pick up the new monitor....
Old 09-20-2020, 08:55 AM   #9

Thank you everyone for your feedback, it's overwhelming with so many TPMS to choose from. This has helped make our decision. We are looking at either the EEZ TMPS or the T507. They both seem to be both reliable. Love this these blogs.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzincooper View Post

With the TST 507 or EEZ which do you recommend, metal or rubber value stems?

It seems by reading you can use either stem on either product.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:59 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have the TST system and recommend it also.

As far as the sensor type goes, are you asking about in-line/flow-through versus cap? If so, the difference between them is that if you need to add air to your tires, you have to remove the cap-type sensor entirely. If you have an in-line/flow-through sensor, you can fill up "through" the sensor, without removing it.

Because the flow-through sensor style is bigger and heavier, you must have metal valve stems to use it. But that is a good idea anyway. I would recommend going to metal stems even if you opt for the cap-type sensor. So I wouldn't let the type of valve stems you have make the decision for you.

But if you did, in fact, mean the actual material that the sensors are made of, my car's mechanic does not like metal caps. He thinks they can react with stuff and corrode. He replaced all my BMW's OEM metal caps with rubber ones. I don't know; those metal caps had held up just fine for nearly 8 years without corroding. But that's what he said, and I'd lost one cap anyway. Maybe he only had rubber caps and felt he needed an excuse to justify replacing all four. (He didn't charge me for them, so I really only care that they match, which they do.) So take that for whatever it's worth.
schad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:29 AM   #12

If you use the EEZ system, with the non flow thru sensors, you can discard the anti theft housing and then they're no harder then any valve cap to remove to add air.....and no tool required....they really don't weigh much anyway......and the sensor batteries are easy to change....
Old 09-21-2020, 08:37 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
If you use the EEZ system, with the non flow thru sensors, you can discard the anti theft housing and then they're no harder then any valve cap to remove to add air.....and no tool required....they really don't weigh much anyway......and the sensor batteries are easy to change....

X2...
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #14

I have the EEZ and it has worked great for 5 years without any problems. Easy to program and the batteries are easy to replace.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, monitor, tire pressure