Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56llama View Post
I am in installing six new Michelin XRV 225 70R 19.5 in my class A motorhome did anybody had experience balancing the tires with(liquid Tire balancing)or (counteract balancing beads)
That's a sizable investment. To insure you're not going to void the Michelin warranty you should read it to insure Michelin allows the procedure for those tires.

On edit; I went and looked it up. Here is what it says under "what is not covered"; The addition of liquid, solid or gaseous materials other than air, nitrogen or carbon dioxide.
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #16

I just had new Michelin put on our 2012 Phaeton. Old ones had sidewall cracking. Michelin gave us a 50% discount as they were less than five years old. Asked the tire shop how they balance the tires and they advised they very seldom do. He said with the larger tires and using a good manufacturer they normally do not need it. He was at least right on our coach as there is no indication of tire imbalance up to 70 MPH.
rgwarren718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 05:05 PM   #17

I'd have the front tires balanced. If you can tell the difference with the back balanced, let us know.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #18

So I had my new Toyos. Spun balanced when they put them on the rv. Then one step further. Had them balanced on the rv. It balanced the whole front end. Not just the tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	137345  
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice View Post
So I had my new Toyos. Spun balanced when they put them on the rv. Then one step further. Had them balanced on the rv. It balanced the whole front end. Not just the tires.
That is the right way to do it, I never believed in adding loose loose balls, sand or whatever to a tire in hopes that the stuff finds a good location. I have an on vehicle spin balancer.

lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires