Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #1

Toilet Ceiling Vent Fuse

The ceiling vent above the toilet has stopped working. I looked on this site and it was suggested it's either the 15 amp fuse or an obstruction around the fan. I checked that and see nothing.I also looked in our manual and didn't find any specific help. I looked at the fuse box and can't find the obvious fuse. None of the labels are obvious to me. I have tried to attach a photo here of the label, but was not successful. Any suggestions for which fuse or how to attach the photo?
Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Is it a Fantastic Fan ? If so there is a 4 amp fuse in mine on the fan itself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2232010714.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	560.8 KB
ID:	46669

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #3

I have the same fan and does any other of the fans in the coach work? I have a lose connection at the switch in the wall by the light switch, water pump, vent ...
GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fuse should be next to the on/of speed switch.
evesely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Does the vent cover still open when you throw the switch but the fan doesn't turn? If so, look at the ring contact on the plunger switch under the vent cover. The contact gets corroded over time and needs to be cleaned with a piece of emery cloth or fine sandpaper. I've had this happen to both of my fans.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
On my vent fans, it has always been the switch. Corroded. Just cleaned and good to go, for a time.

ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #7

Thanks for the comments. I've been so busy working that I haven't gotten back to the vent problem, just living with it. GregOK80, all the other roof vent fans work fine. Evesely, there is not an on/off switch, just a push button to turn it on/off. The vent cover opens and closes fine, just has a simple crank on it.

Above the screen, on the outside, there is a label that says it is a 12 volt 1.5 amp fuse.
And there looks like a little box directly on top of the on/off button, yet outside between the screen and the vent cover, about the size of the fuse, that I'm guessing is where the fuse is. But I can't see how to get to that little fuse box. Surely there's a way to get to the fuse box without having to go up on the roof and somehow remove the vent cover, to get to the fuse box.

I wish I knew how to post pictures with a comment, but I don't, so hope my descriptions make sense. I could email the pix in a PM if anyone wants to help me solve this latest RV riddle.

I found a label that says Phillips Prod., Ventline, Bristol, Indiana 12 Volt DC, 1.5 amp v147-02, WL Model V2094. I found the company on line – I will keep googling for info, and tomorrow I will make some calls and see if I can get help from them. Might be a long shot, but what the hey.

Tags
ceiling, fuse, vent