Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2023, 07:39 AM   #1

toll pass

We need to buy a toll pass for traveling east of the Mississippi and was wondering which one. I have narrowed it down to three; EZpass, NC Quick Pass, and Uni. We prefer one that does not have annual or monthly fees. This will be for our Winnebago Vista 31KE class A (no tag axle) and flat towing a 2020 Chevrolet Equinox.

Thoughts, likes, dislikes etc.

Thanks
Paulie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2023, 08:45 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I went with the IL pass (ezpass.) I don't live in IL. It works with all tolls east of the big river. All ezpass states, and non-ezpass states: NC, GA, FL and LA tolls. There is no annual fee, one time charge for the trans ponder only (maybe $10). I ordered it on line. No issues in the 3 or so years I have had it.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:23 AM   #3

I also use the IL ezpass and this has worked in all the states I have traveled east of the Mississippi. The I-pass needs to be linked to a charge card and a deposit of $10 needs to be in the account, minimum. I have been using this since 2008, when I started towing my 5er.

You can get a licensee plated mounted pass or a window mounted pass. If you are only going to use this for your motorhome, get the license plate mounted pass.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:40 AM   #4

We live in Wisconsin which has no toll roads but live near the Illinois border and have 2 Illinois I -Passes. Each is linked to our 2 cars and motorhome. At one time my Harley was linked to them

Used and works in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York

Class C Rv, pass works mounted on the windshield
ChrisDParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 12:43 PM   #5
jrs

The Florida E-Pass works well in the east. All EZ Pass States plus Florida's toll system.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 01:11 PM   #6

List of states that accept the EzPass
https://www.tollsmart.com/ez-pass/
I have the PA EzPass and has a $3 monthly fee.
glwinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:01 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Does the Illinois iPass now work in Florida? Because it didn't used to.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:11 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
NC Quick Pass provides the best bang for the buck. Cheap to buy, no monthly/annual fees provides EZ Pass, Florida SunPass, many bridges and of course North Carolina specific roads.

We live in Texas and have used the NC QuickPass for 4 years and it's covered us in every toll road east of the Mississippi we've encountered. There was a bridge in Folly, Alabama that didn't accept it, but that's the only one we've found.

In Texas, OK and part of Kansas we use the TxTag and keep both transponders on the windshield of the RV for all trips.
Old 04-02-2023, 04:06 PM   #9

Just out of curiosity where do people mount their toll pass. Our Winnei has a very large and tall windshield.

Thanks for the responses also.
Paulie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:02 AM   #10
jrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
Does the Illinois iPass now work in Florida? Because it didn't used to.
I would guess it still doesn't work on Sunpass tolls. The Florida E-Pass works on both systems in Florida
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 09:49 AM   #11

If you decide on EZpass, be sure to research which state to buy from. Some have monthly service charges that will deplete your account even if no tolls are charged. I bought a Kentucky EXpass with no monthly charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie G View Post
We need to buy a toll pass for traveling east of the Mississippi and was wondering which one. I have narrowed it down to three; EZpass, NC Quick Pass, and Uni. We prefer one that does not have annual or monthly fees. This will be for our Winnebago Vista 31KE class A (no tag axle) and flat towing a 2020 Chevrolet Equinox.

Thoughts, likes, dislikes etc.

Thanks
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:45 PM   #12

I recently bought the SunPass Pro That works in 19 states, including parts of TX. It's FL part of the EZ Pass system. I'll be making a trip to the NE in July and figured it will come in handy. Purchased it at a Publix oppose to ordering it online. $16, no monthly charge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunpass Pro.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	389527  
Old 04-04-2023, 05:45 PM   #13

Openroads has a universal pass that works on about 95% of tollways. There's a few arcane ones that don't use toll passes or use their own proprietary one, but you'd still have to pay them anyway.
Suburbazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 06:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie G View Post
Just out of curiosity where do people mount their toll pass. Our Winnei has a very large and tall windshield.

Thanks for the responses also.
Our I-Pass is mounted on the windshield just below the rear view mirror. Same location as in a normal passenger vehicle. Class C with the cabover overhang. I-Pass works in 17 states and some portions of Florida (Florida is special, i guess) Been in that location many years.

When we first got it I mounted it up high on the overhang bunk front facing glass, and it didn't work up there.
ChrisDParise is offline   Reply With Quote