Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2019, 07:05 AM   #1

Tolls with transponder

We have a Delaware EZ Pass transponder we bought years ago for our car. We are getting ready to hit the PA turnpike. I know it works in PA and we have plenty of money on the account, but do we need to do anything else to use the transponder on our motor home with car in tow?
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2019, 07:21 AM   #2

Just make sure the tags are registered with the transponder. I forgot to add my trailer and got a picture in the mail of the trailer tag for payment. The transponder didn't register. I added the trailer and was covered.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:30 AM   #3

Thank, I was having trouble making heads or tails of the website.

OK to leave the car as primary and add the motorhome tag and info?
Old 10-28-2019, 07:30 AM   #4

Having the tags, or license plates up north, registered to the pass is the trick.

If the reader misses your info, they match it up and don't surcharge you.

There are times when the pass is in the RV and we take the car on toll roads. They figure it out.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Don't know about Delaware Ez pass but my New York account has my car transponder listed as an SUV which it is, and the RV transponder listed as 6 wheels, 2 axle over ?? tons, which it is. We remove the SUV transponder while towing but often get charged for more than we expect. (say 4 axle 18 wheels) The only way to be sure is go thru the cash line and we find that too much of a bother. Also put a sign on the window that said car in tow and let the toll booth figure it out.
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:42 AM   #6

I've managed to add the motorhome, I hope they will figure out the car is in tow, the website won't let me go to the next page.

Such is modern technology and 20th century users.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charming View Post
I've managed to add the motorhome, I hope they will figure out the car is in tow, the website won't let me go to the next page.

Such is modern technology and 20th century users.
They will probably only get the car plate but charge you 4 axle rate. Road sensors count them.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:57 AM   #8

Thank goodness Jersey lets you put any vehicle on the transponder and not restricted to an RV.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:10 AM   #9

CA Fastrak Transponder Battery

Here in the California Bay Area, the electronic toll system is Fastrak. I've had it for about 20 years with only one transponder, but two vehicles registered to it. I would carry it to whatever vehicle I was using. It would beep when going through the toll plaza.

Then one day, it didn't beep. Ah, it was in the other vehicle. I expected a ticket in the mail, but it never came. My acct was charged normally for that trip anyway.

After a few years, the transponder wouldn't beep at all. I figured the battery was dead. You can't replace it yourself, they want you to send it in and be sent a replacement. (packaging, trip to the Post Office, $$ Postage, PIA)

I didn't send it in right away, I procrastinated. And procrastinated. And Procrastinated. It's been probably around 15 years this dead transponder has been around and I quit moving it from vehicle to vehicle.

All my vehicles are registered with Fastrak, including the Fox. I haven't had any issues and the only reason I still carry it in my daily driver is that one off-chance event when the CHP may see me drive through and the camera lights flash, the officer may pull me over. Then comes 'Show and Tell' time.

Your transponder system may be similar, in that if you have all your vehicles registered with their system, a working transponder may not be actually necessary.

Back to morning brew . . .
CalCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:17 PM   #10

RV TOLLPASS[emoji769]

[https://images]

A TRANSCORE PRODUCT

Accounts Managed by Bestpass

The Open Road is Now More Open

The New Single Toll Tag Solution For RVs And Trailers

The revolutionary RV Toll Pass transponder now makes the open road even more open. Owners of RVs and trailers can now access major toll roads across the United States with a single toll transponder. They can also easily manage all nationwide toll fees from a single account.*

Simple and Convenient

RV Toll Pass covers the majority of toll roads in the U.S.

One registration | One Account | One transponder

Eliminates difficult maneuvering through narrow toll booth lanes

Saves Money

Pays for itself with lower electronic rates versus cash or video toll rates. (subject to agency policy)

Nominal monthly fee charged ONLY in the months tolls incurred.

Easy Install/Maintenance*

No maintenance/Easy Installation-battery powered transponder with 5-year life under normal usage

Self-installed on the windshield

Also comes in a vehicle-powered version for RV dealers and OEMs for concealed installation

For information you Need to Know before you purchase and activate your account.

CLICK HERE

RV Toll Pass Transponder

What and Where to Buy

There are three models of the RV Toll Pass transponder to match the configuration of your RV.

MH3 - RV Toll Pass model MH3 for Motorhomes with 3 axles

MH2 - RV Toll Pass model MH2 for Motorhomes with 2 axles

TR2 - RV Toll Pass model TR2 for all 2 axle Trailer tow vehicles (Cars, SUVs & Pickup trucks)

If your RV Toll Pass transponder did not come preinstalled on your new RV, you may purchase a RV Toll Pass transponder for easy installation on your own RV. Ask for RV Toll Pass at your favorite RV parts and accessories store.

Click on the Logo below!

Activate RV Toll Pass

Congratulations! As the purchaser of a RV Toll Pass Transponder, you only need to Activate your Account to begin enjoying the benefits of RV Toll Pass. Click ACTIVATE button below.

ACTIVATE

Contact Us

If you would like more information about RV Toll Pass, or if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.* You may use this form or send email directly to:

sales@rvtollpass.com - for product sales or marketing question

support@rvtollpass.com - for issues involving after sales support

What kind of question do you have?

Product sales or marketing question** *Issues involving after sales support*

Email Address**

Subject**

Message**

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ's

What is RV Toll Pass? What is it designed to do?

What are the advantages?

How does it work?

What is Activation?

Do I need to Activate my transponder before using it?

Can I Activate with a temporary license plate or must I wait for the permanent plate?

Who is BestPass?

How do I get accurately billed if I register as a tow vehicle and I am running without the trailer?

If I have an existing toll transponder on my windshield from my local toll authority, can I use RV Toll Pass?

What is the purpose of the metal Tag Shield that came with my RV Toll Pass and how do I use it?

How do I install the RV Toll Pass transponder?

Where does it work?

I live in Canada. Can I use RV Toll Pass?

Does RV Toll Pass work on High Occupancy Toll (HOT) Lanes or bridges?

What is the purpose of the Mylar bag? When and why should I use it?

What kind of maintenance is required?

Who should I contact if my transponder is lost or stolen?

What if I sell my RV with the RV Toll Pass transponder?

Is there a warranty on the battery powered transponder?

Who should I contact if I suspect that my transponder is not working properly?

Will items stowed in my Class C RV cabover affect RV Toll Pass performance?

RV Toll Pass is a TransCore product

Email us at sales@rvtollpass.com
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote