Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2018, 09:27 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's really not that bad. When I compare it to putting everything away inside before leaving- it's a lot easier. Recently though I held the open end of the hose too close to my face when draining it out to the sewer connection and got a nose full of sinus clearing. I have one of those storage boxes that sits on the back of the rig and plugs into my trailer hitch receiver. I just put all the hoses in there- just like a kid's toy box.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2018, 09:37 AM   #16

I just saw a guy that had his dump hose in a tube that swings out of a long compartment.

From there he pulled the slinky out of the pipe, to the hole, and pulled the valves open.

Then he pushed the slinky on the tube, capped it and swung it in to the compartment.

Reminded me of the water tank fills of the old steam trains.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:46 AM   #17

Manufacturers can't make an automated system until someone comes up with a docking station to connect it to. It's called standards. Just like we have standards for plugs and hoses, someone could easily make a standard and then RV's could be equipped with such a system. Imagine pulling into or backing into a site and then pushing a button?
MapleKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #18

Just think if what we will be seeing about malfunctions...better yet don't think about it!
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:04 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Love my "Trusty" valve! At least I think that is what it's called. https://www.amazon.com/Trusty-Sewer-.../dp/B00ODIPER4
Hose stays attached all the time and only a drop or 2 left after a good rinse out when dumping.
The trick is to give it a good rinse with lots of the gray water tank dump. Never dump the gray until it's 1/2 full or more.
My wife is pretty sure it's a blue job, although once in a blue moon she will stand back and watch.
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #20

Welcome to the forum!

SWMBO has a completely automated auto dump system that has a voice prompt. It will dump on command and she doesn't even have to get out of the dinette or stop doing her work.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:39 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You might look into a macerating pump system.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #22

Hooking up the sewer hose, pulling a valve to dump it, hooking up a hose to flush the black tank, at what point are you touching poop? I mean really, is it that hard to do?

On the other hand......

People walk around the campground with their dogs, and (usually) pick up the nice warm poop with their hand stuck in a plastic bag.

I’ve never changed a diaper (no kids), and never plan to.

However.....

I cleaned the bathrooms as a kid at our golf course (including picking the cigarette butts out of the urinals) as part of my first “”real job”, and in our fraternity house as part of “freshman house chores”; never even used gloves back in those days.

Just the other day, I cleaned the sewer hose fittings / gaskets; it really no different than cleaning a toilet. Yes, I clean toilets at home and in the RV too....
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #23

Around about 7:47 on this video. I think it might be his first time. Like the rest of us, I'm sure he'll get better with practice. He actually makes some pretty good videos. I've enjoyed watching the series.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:52 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My clean Dump system is as close to touchless that I could find.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Just think if what we will be seeing about malfunctions...better yet don't think about it!

For everyone's enjoyment, the classic Sewer Dump scene from the movie RV!

Old 11-08-2018, 03:32 PM   #26

Loved that movie. I have watched it several times and just got another good laugh.

Fortunately, have not been the recipient of the fecal matter bath and hopefully never will.

Thanks for posting.

Chuck and Katie
katielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:42 PM   #27
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Mine is semi automatic. I have an electric black tank drain valve and the SaniCon macerator pump. Both are wired to the inside of the coach. I place the SaniCon nozzle in the sewer hole (SaniCon hose is always connected to the black drain) and open the grey tank valve. The grey tank drains as necessary and I can open the black tank and turn on the SaniCon from inside. When I'm ready to depart, I turn on the SaniCon and drain both tanks. I close up my slides, disconnect the SaniCon hose fromm the campground sewer and cap it. I never have to clean the hose or try and store it somewhere while it drips on you. The SaniCon nose just stays in the wet bay on the floor.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:08 AM   #28

Here you go... Incinerate the nasties in the exhaust pipe. It seems this idea has surfaced a couple of times over the years. This device was installed on at least some GMC motorhomes

http://www.bdub.net/manuals/Thermasan-flyer.pdf
http://www.bdub.net/manuals/Thermasan-Flyer-2.pdf
http://www.bdub.net/manuals/Thermasan-OwnersManual.pdf

Therma-San in 1972:
Classic RV: Rectrans Discoverer - RV Life

More recent:
https://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2...ds-waste-water

Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote