Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2017, 06:42 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
Just finished 5000 miles and we paid an from 2.11 to 2.19 stopping at ConocoPhillips and other stations just before or after most cities. Fuel was consistently about .30 cheaper than Flying J.
Just finishing a similar trip I really appreciated the Pilot/F J card. I really think the RV community should look at things like this. I got a Corp F J/Pilot card. By doing that they give me a fuel discount as cash and then discount another 6-10 cents. Then if I use the Pilot/FJ App they discount even more. It racks up points you can use and free soda/coffee perks. Literally every time we stopped where there was a Subway, as I love the Veggie Delight on Jalapeno bread, it was free or substantially discounted. The new App they have really makes fuelling there super easy.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2017, 07:03 AM   #16

Andy, what is the New Pilot/flyingJ App??
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE_ View Post
Just finishing a similar trip I really appreciated the Pilot/F J card. I really think the RV community should look at things like this. I got a Corp F J/Pilot card. By doing that they give me a fuel discount as cash and then discount another 6-10 cents. Then if I use the Pilot/FJ App they discount even more. It racks up points you can use and free soda/coffee perks. Literally every time we stopped where there was a Subway, as I love the Veggie Delight on Jalapeno bread, it was free or substantially discounted. The new App they have really makes fuelling there super easy.
I can't afford to take a lawyer and an accountant along to keep up with the cards and freebies, so I just buy where the fuel has the lowest price.
lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:33 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnmor View Post
I can't afford to take a lawyer and an accountant along to keep up with the cards and freebies, so I just buy where the fuel has the lowest price.

Easy access and no crowds is big on our list. Also found that we got lowest prices at these stations.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:15 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The FlyJ/Pilot pumps at Town pumps stations I have used are not setup to use a card. You must go inside and they swipe the card. Sometimes you can use the call box and give your information (tag#, name, State) and they will activate the pump.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:18 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chindog View Post
I'm also curious about this. I was planning my next leg from western ND through MT, and found a Town Pump station right where I will need to fill up. I've got the Flying J credit card, and am also wondering if that will let me pay at the pump, and if I'll be able to get the discount.
You still get the discount. I checked the price at the pump and then on the invoice.

Tags
tow