Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2022, 02:07 PM   #1

TOYO tire availability

I need new tires on my pickup. I have been using Toyo's for years.
I went to Les Schwab the other day and they said they can't or maybe won't be able to order them and suggested a different tire. My last set I bought from my local Ford dealer, a few hundred dollars cheaper than LS. I stopped by Ford today and they can't get them either and suggested BF Goodrich.
I called 4 Wheel Parts in Tacoma and he said he could get Toyo's but would take 2 or 3 months.
So my question is,, those of you who have or still do, run BF Goodrich tires, do you like them?, any complaints etc??
I will have a hard time moving away from Toyo's. I have had very good luck with them on various vehicles, ARGH.
I thank you for your responses, have a Great Day!!
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2022, 03:46 PM   #2

I got toyo tires from simple tire. Ordered on a Monday and were on my porch that wednesday morning.
K Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:02 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't know what size you're looking for but I been using Continental on my Ranger and Focus. Ford was sameprice as tire dealer on the Ranger since I had it in for service I had them do tires too. Focus I took to a tire dealer since the Ford dealer service rep left I'm not real happy with them now.

Will be looking for tires for the Bounder soon and Toyo will be first choice with Continental and Hankook second.
Old 09-26-2022, 04:31 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you tries motorhometires.com?
Barneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:26 PM   #5

I ran Toyos for years but about 8 years ago they must have changed their rubber formula. Tread life went to pot and they got louder on pavement. Switched to Michelin and am very happy.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Charles View Post
I got toyo tires from simple tire. Ordered on a Monday and were on my porch that wednesday morning.
Was that recently??

The set I have on now have been holding up real good.
I am NOT happy with Les Schwab these days. Last week I went in to them to take out a nail close to the sidewall. They acted like they didn't want to take it out. The reason in went to them in the first place was, if after pulling the nail it let air out I would have them fix it or replace the 2 front tires. That was from the office gal. Then she said get in line at door #2. I did, and a guy came out and kind of stuttered a bit, and I said, I will pull it out. I need to know if it's going to loose air. Anyway, he pulled it out and it was ok. Oh, and I got a quote on 4 tires they suggested, not Toyo. Almost $1800.00. Ford's price for the BF Goodrich tires is $1427.00.
That happened with the last set as well for Toyo's. Ford beat LS between $300 to $400 for 4 tires.
I guess the LS Sudden Service is now out the window. And what happened to free beef! Since the old man passed, things have changed, not for the good.
My tire size is, 275/55R20 Open Country A/T II. I guess now they make a III.
Thanks gang.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:02 PM   #7
laj

Point S tire stores can get them no problem. Should be several in your area.

LS lost their exclusive contract with toyo because of.......
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 06:54 AM   #8

Also depends on the LS store, ours is wonderful to work with and iím willing to pay extra to keep the money local. Lat winter they were able to source Toyo Celsius for wifes suv, which are 20ís
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:22 AM   #9

I'm also a happy Toyo owner, but I have to wonder if there is any significant difference between the tires on the market today. At least tires for motorhomes. Every brand has a loyal following of satisfied customers. And every brand will have a customer who has had a problem. With the standards the tire manufacturers have to follow to meet safety specs, they should all perform similarly. I wonder how many could tell the difference in ride and performance if the name wasn't on the sidewall? A higher priced tire doesn't make it better except in the mind of the buyer. Is it any different than the brand of car we drive? They all get you to where you want to be.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:43 AM   #10
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge68474 View Post
Was that recently??

The set I have on now have been holding up real good.
I am NOT happy with Les Schwab these days. Last week I went in to them to take out a nail close to the sidewall. They acted like they didn't want to take it out. The reason in went to them in the first place was, if after pulling the nail it let air out I would have them fix it or replace the 2 front tires. That was from the office gal. Then she said get in line at door #2. I did, and a guy came out and kind of stuttered a bit, and I said, I will pull it out. I need to know if it's going to loose air. Anyway, he pulled it out and it was ok. Oh, and I got a quote on 4 tires they suggested, not Toyo. Almost $1800.00. Ford's price for the BF Goodrich tires is $1427.00.
That happened with the last set as well for Toyo's. Ford beat LS between $300 to $400 for 4 tires.
I guess the LS Sudden Service is now out the window. And what happened to free beef! Since the old man passed, things have changed, not for the good.
My tire size is, 275/55R20 Open Country A/T II. I guess now they make a III.
Thanks gang.
For sure Les is going downhill with a tail wind pushing. Since the kids sold it to the investment firm and then screwed over the help, what did you expect?
Old 09-27-2022, 01:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
For sure Les is going downhill with a tail wind pushing. Since the kids sold it to the investment firm and then screwed over the help, what did you expect?
The kids screwed up, huh.
I kind of looked forward to going into LS. I read his book he wrote and I've followed some in the news. They had great management in the past. I think that's gone now.
It really is about the money isn't it.
Why didn't the kids just follow in LS's footsteps and they could of made money. Maybe they didn't want to work like today's younger crowd with a few exceptions. Another, OH WELL.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:22 PM   #12
laj

TOYO tire availability

Les ran it, good for him, customers, employees. Les died, phil took over, started downhill. Phil died, now a trash company.

Havenít been in a schwab place for 30 yrs Just a second hand junk store.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:53 PM   #13

Hi Edge68474 from up here in Auburn. So far I am happy with BF Goodrich. Have the all terrains on my 99 Ford F250. Had them put on in 2011, but don't drive the truck that much as I am retired. They have held up the best in the outdoor environment. I do cover them with covers now and then but no cracking in the sidewalls as my previous Michlin tires did. Have 2 Jeep Wranglers and run the Goodrich tires on them. One has the all terrains and the other has the mud terrains. Got the set for the truck and my 4 door Wrangler at Discount Tire. Got the Mud Terrains from the Jeep dealer on the buy 3 tires and get the 4th one for $1. Best price around. I was looking at LS for the mud tires in Toyo, but they wanted $150 more per tire. I said can I get 80K milage out of them and they said, probably not. So wen with the BF Goodrich's. Just my experience so your could be different. Hope you find some skins for your truck. P.S. Have a friend of mine who recently got 6 new Toyo's for his Monaco Camelot from LS in Auburn, the south end store. He is happy with the tires and service he received from them!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 03:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge68474 View Post
Was that recently??

Last week I went in to them to take out a nail close to the sidewall.
Just realize, repairing a hole in or near the side wall is very risky. Tire manufacturers have specific guidance on doing this and mostly it is a no go. Dealers will usually decline due to liabilty.

Tags
tire