Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2018, 08:44 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsqrd View Post
For those that have a tpms, flow thru or caps?
The 8 tires on my coach are flow thru. The 4 on my toad are caps.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
I chose to use caps everywhere. Smaller, and one less point for a leak to occur. I do not find myself needing to constantly add air and removing them is no harder than removing a normal valve stem cap anyway.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #17

just got the tpms for our T/T, haven't had time to install yet but they are caps.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:47 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Caps and no security devises to mess with so they come off if needed quickly.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #19

you would think that internal systems would be way better than on the stem, not?? so many variables with outside...I'd like to get a set of external and put them o my chey to compare... Has anybody did this?? or site on web that compares in hot to below freezing and cloudy or not?? I realise that the external replace the core and go little deeper..
Old 06-13-2018, 09:31 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
you would think that internal systems would be way better than on the stem, not?? so many variables with outside...I'd like to get a set of external and put them o my chey to compare... Has anybody did this?? or site on web that compares in hot to below freezing and cloudy or not?? I realise that the external replace the core and go little deeper..
When I originally purchased my TST system I seriously considered internal sensors. The only real concern I could come up with that prevented me from going with internal sensors was the cost and inconvenience of unmounting a tire to replace a failed battery. I have a had a few premature battery failures on my external sensors, inconvenient but not a huge issue.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
When I originally purchased my TST system I seriously considered internal sensors. The only real concern I could come up with that prevented me from going with internal sensors was the cost and inconvenience of unmounting a tire to replace a failed battery. I have a had a few premature battery failures on my external sensors, inconvenient but not a huge issue.
gota go along with this^^^
Jay D.
Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:34 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
If you get extensions get straight ones not curved...trust me on this. Very important the sensors never touch rims.
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:42 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hyatt View Post
I chose to use caps everywhere. Smaller, and one less point for a leak to occur. I do not find myself needing to constantly add air and removing them is no harder than removing a normal valve stem cap anyway.
me 2
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #24

I certainly see your point.. don't know real cost to remove and install but has to be lots... but if I just bought an rv and needed tires that's route I would go...or have enough income or saved $. I don't know anybody that has had an internal unit fail. now I have had to reset mine as I have two sets of tires rims for winter, summer for car..if you get pressure right when installed it always works , sometimes if way off psi it says error. but I just take tire off and put far away then activate then shut off and reinstall tire. losts of work but only happens once or twice before you get smart...i am sure some have and somebody will say I know this guy or it happened to me... its not an argument it is a
"best system" by design and failure records... but not feasible for some..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post

Tags
tpms