Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2022, 02:09 PM   #1

Trailer Decals

Hi,
The previous owner of my camper removed all the decals. So right now it is just white. I was wondering if anyone has applied new decals to their rig and how it turned out. I am looking for something a little different that I can do myself. Amazon has a few options but the designs seem pretty generic. I guess they can be applied differently to provide a unique design. Just looking for different look. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing or reading how creative everyone is, because I am not whatsoever.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2022, 02:18 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lots of company's out there doing "wraps" that will design and apply custom artwork for your camper, and prices are down these last few years because so many folks got into the business.
Might be a good place to start.
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:21 PM   #3

I agree with Flyer. Find a local shop that does custom wraps and let them do the detail work!

Just like when painting a car... surface prep is everything! A few grains of dust or dirt under a vinyl wrap can ruin the entire effect and cause the vinyl to bubble and peel away from the surface. You'll be much happier with the end results if done by a professional.
1JetDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:14 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
If the decals are gone, have a paint shop paint on the new stripes.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 09:09 PM   #5

Are you old enough to remember the airbrushed custom vans of the 70s and 80s?
We don't need no stinkin' decals. Just a bucket o' money.

I think my lil camper needs a wolf howling at the moon on the sides.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:31 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm having two custom designed side decals made by RV Stripes & Graphics, Inc. in Arizona. They'll make most any decal you want.

I'll be replacing the various swirls that have faded and cracked with painted swirls in a couple of weeks after getting back home. I alrady have removed all of the bad decals.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:40 AM   #7

Do a generic search of 2-3 year old campers on the inter-web.

Find one you like, find the model number, call the manufacturer.

They can email you the decal sheet with each decal numbered and you pick out the ones you want.

I ordered decals for nearly the whole side of my recent Heartland 5ver rebuild, I wanna say it was less than $300.

Plus, the factory is going to use quality vinyl.

Wraps are great until you have to remove one for a repair.
Here at the shop I won't even take a vehicle in for body repair if it has a wrap on it.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:11 AM   #8

Personally, I wish my TT did not have any decal on it. It's only 4 years old and most of the front ones are peeling ad cracking badly. When I called the company they said it as due to sun hitting the trailer and the fact that I waxed the trailer.

It is actually because of the cheap vinyl used and lack of prep. I am in the process of removing the damaged ones. No way I would replace them.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:35 AM   #9

Plenty available on Amazon and more places. Easy to install. Here is just one example

https://www.amazon.com/Amautolucky-M...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 09:33 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Had to replace one of the decals on my TT. Dealer ordered a replacement from the factory to expedite for me. The dealer also strongly recommended I find a local graphics shop to do the install as they would have the experience and tools to do a more professional job.

Glad I followed the dealer's recommendation. The graphics shop had a large indoor workspace and did a great job. Cost me less than $150 for everything.
rosebud1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 10:48 AM   #11

I was uncomfortable towing my TT at first because in the inside rear view mirror, all I saw was white. A part of me was afraid I would forget I had a 32 foot long trailer in tow. (Crazy, I know.) My wife used her Silhouette machine, a Cricut knowoff, to make a large Texas flag that she applied to the front of the trailer that would show up in the mirror. Granted, a hailstorm a few months later totaled the trailer, but the decal looked fine.

I do agree, the WRAPS probably offer more durability and a lot of more options.

Hmm, one of these wrap companies needs to design a material that will protect from hail storms...
Old 05-06-2022, 12:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopsBrewster View Post
Are you old enough to remember the airbrushed custom vans of the 70s and 80s?
We don't need no stinkin' decals. Just a bucket o' money.

I think my lil camper needs a wolf howling at the moon on the sides.
Old enough to know what you mean. My first truck had some artwork..lol
Old 05-06-2022, 12:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by carybosse View Post
I was uncomfortable towing my TT at first because in the inside rear view mirror, all I saw was white. A part of me was afraid I would forget I had a 32 foot long trailer in tow. (Crazy, I know.) My wife used her Silhouette machine, a Cricut knowoff, to make a large Texas flag that she applied to the front of the trailer that would show up in the mirror. Granted, a hailstorm a few months later totaled the trailer, but the decal looked fine.

I do agree, the WRAPS probably offer more durability and a lot of more options.

Hmm, one of these wrap companies needs to design a material that will protect from hail storms...
Not crazy at all. I only towed my TT a couple times and have forgot I was towing it. All white threw me off. Took some turns way too quickly.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post
Do a generic search of 2-3 year old campers on the inter-web.

Find one you like, find the model number, call the manufacturer.

They can email you the decal sheet with each decal numbered and you pick out the ones you want.

I ordered decals for nearly the whole side of my recent Heartland 5ver rebuild, I wanna say it was less than $300.

Plus, the factory is going to use quality vinyl.

Wraps are great until you have to remove one for a repair.
Here at the shop I won't even take a vehicle in for body repair if it has a wrap on it.

Don't count on the factory to use quality vinyl. They get away with the least expensive ones they can buy.
My 2018 KZ had the thinnest and cheapest vinyl on it. Started to shrink and peel within two years.
They blamed me for letting it sit in the sun. Sorry,I couldn't get it in my house.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decals, trailer