Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2021, 11:19 AM   #15

In CA if you do not have a CCW, and CA has no reciprocity so it needs to be a CA CCW, you can only transport a hand gun unloaded and in a locked container other than the glove box or center council. A long gun can be transported as long as it is unloaded. In an RV parked and used for sleeping it becomes a home and you may have a hand gun loaded for self defense. You can be boondocking, it need not be hooked up to shore power. Also it may be possible to have a hand gun in the back of the RV out of reach of the driver but that is splitting hairs. Additionally, in CA only 10 round mags are legal and not all hand guns are CA compliant and may be illegal in the State even if in a locked container.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2021, 03:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
CA .....firearm must be unloaded, secured in a 'locked container' and separate from the ammo
https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/travel

Personally --- I lived in CA for 30+Yrs
Traveled all over the state for shooting competitions. Traveled FT for 7 yrs all over the USA
Weapons traveled with us....nobody KNEW we had weapons cause WE didn't go banishing them about, tell any one we had them, displayed them etc etc etc.
Shush!

A unloaded, locked weapon is nothing more then a 'fancy' rock and harder to throw accurately.
My personal take on it.......

CA is just a State----US Citizens are FREE to travel to/from ....do not need no stinking papers.
I lived in that state also for 53 years. Great place to not live anymore but I have to agree with Old Biscuit and he says it perfectly. My saying is this - STFU!
Old 02-21-2021, 04:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbircky View Post
If there is a request??? Tell the Officer you donít consent to a search. Refusing consent cannot be used as probable cause. If they have probable cause they donít need to ask.

All they need to get probable cause is a dog that's trained to sit for treats - we have a 14 year old dog who'll sit for treats all day but as far as I know she doesn't know what drugs or gun oils smell like...but we don't use her as an end run around the bill of rights -
johninsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
First I'm a No Firearms Guy - except for Hunting - Let me try to Understand the reasoning for having if not for sport????????????????

Locked up

Out of Reach

Unloaded

Ammo is in a different secure location

Someone comes at You and You need your Gun

Do you ask them to wait the 20-30 minutes the gathering, unlocking. finding, loading takes. -

Did I miss something,

Think my Baseball Bat might just be Better -
hint: if you carry a baseball bat in your vehicle, also carry a mitt. don't ask me how I know. (relative)
Isabellawind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:01 AM   #19

On the subject of what you can bring in - as previously noted, there are certain weapons you cannot bring in. Most ARs for instance - CA requires certain features to be removed and others added, as well as any handgun that you can fire a shotgun shell out of- like the Judge, shoguns with a box magazine. Best to check the CA DOJ website.

Another thing that's relatively new is the amount of ammo you can bring across. Can't remember the amount, but it's not much. Have a friend that goes back and forth between Cali and AZ all the time - he got the idea that they were going to use the Ag inspection stations to check for that.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:30 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellawind View Post
hint: if you carry a baseball bat in your vehicle, also carry a mitt. don't ask me how I know. (relative)
Sorry - being from Maryland - we use Lacrosse sticks not Gloves - Increases the Reach -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrosse

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:02 PM   #21

Regarding your parrots; Monk or Quaker parrots/parakeets are restricted under Fish & Game laws. If they are found, you will be turned back at the agricultural check points or they will be confiscated and destroyed.

All other parrots and pet birds are allowed into the state and do not require any permits.

Here's a link to the requirements:
www.cdfa.ca.gov õ pdfs õ avian_entry_requirements
Old 02-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Make sure you fill up your fuel tank before crossing the border. The price will go up $1 per gallon.
Enjoy your trip!
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, travel