Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2021, 07:59 AM   #29

Hello all We have a 99 Empress. Our first RV. Going on 3 years now. Great rig.

Would love to Talk with other owners.
PDX_Empress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2021, 08:05 AM   #30

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatsRV View Post
Looking to join the club by buying a Triple E. '36 Empress '98 model year ('96 Freightliner chassis).

Any things to watch out for? Owners (2nd and since 2005) are asking C$30k for it.

There is also a group on Facebook "Triple E RV Enthusiasts".
Mel Kraft
604-302-1300
Fourwinds93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:21 AM   #31

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenBev View Post
Hi trud and fellow EEE folks. I'm new to triple e's as we have had ours less then a year so I'm no expert , but unless you see places where the foam is missing or cracked through to the base material , I'd see no need for maintenance to the foam. Similarly with the undercoating, unless you see rust or bare metal showing I'd see no need to add more. My $.02
Maybe others with more experience know better.
I agree with JoenBev. I think the expression is "if it is not broke don't fix it". Mine seems very solid and I have done some work around the docking lights and it was very well attached. Although the previous owners had a rat infestation (luckily no damage, just cleanup) I have applied additional black foam spray in every access point I could find in the motorhome. Had a few mice prior to the additional foam and have had no more visitors since (knock wood). Takes a bit of searching to find where they are coming in. I also keep loaded traps in all the bays, and I have 2-3 plug in rodent deterrents in any and all 110 plugs in the bays or under the kitchen cabinets.

That is my $.50 cents worth. I charge more for my advice.

Have fun folks and enjoy your EEE motorhomes they are great units. Hope to meet you on the road.
604-302-1300
Old 02-27-2021, 07:56 AM   #32

Triple E Owners Club
Undercoating a triple E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourwinds93 View Post
I agree with JoenBev. I think the expression is "if it is not broke don't fix it". Mine seems very solid and I have done some work around the docking lights and it was very well attached. Although the previous owners had a rat infestation (luckily no damage, just cleanup) I have applied additional black foam spray in every access point I could find in the motorhome. Had a few mice prior to the additional foam and have had no more visitors since (knock wood). Takes a bit of searching to find where they are coming in. I also keep loaded traps in all the bays, and I have 2-3 plug in rodent deterrents in any and all 110 plugs in the bays or under the kitchen cabinets.

That is my $.50 cents worth. I charge more for my advice.

Have fun folks and enjoy your EEE motorhomes they are great units. Hope to meet you on the road.

Thanks JoenBev and Fourwinds93, sage advice. The foam is good I was focused more on doing another oil spray. It is also good, however, although the box around the grey and black tank valves has one seam with some rust starting to split it a bit. Maybe I'll just treat that area with an antirust of some sort. One mechanic suggested grease to slow the rust down. That is the only area of concern for me really.

Yes, I am on the Triple E Enthusiasts facebook group as well!

Booked at Achray campground end of July and can't wait to get the Regal out there!

Enjoy everyone and thanks!
trud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:10 AM   #33

Here is our 05 Commander that we recently got. We had class c 20 some years ago then a series of tow behind campers of various qualities but we really like this coach. Pryor to buying this I had never heard of the Triple E line, but now feel lucky to have fallen into this coach. 2 weeks ago we were in Virginia at 15*F and couldn't have been more comfortable. The quality material and construction only become more evident as we continue to use it. We are in Tennessee now but can see us doing alot more winter camping it the future. Any others out on the road this time of year?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210226_101423.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	319586   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210226_101502.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	319587  

Name:	20210225_182836.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	383.2 KB
ID:	319588  
JoenBev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:41 AM   #34

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Morning PDX Commander:
If you go to Face Book there is a EEE group. Triple E Enthusiasts Group. Hopefully see you on the road. We live in Abbotsford, BC and won't start traveling until the first of April. Glad you are happy with your EEE. They are a well made motorhomes. Stay safe and healthy.
604-302-1300
Old 03-01-2021, 05:51 AM   #35

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_Empress View Post
Hello all We have a 99 Empress. Our first RV. Going on 3 years now. Great rig.

Would love to Talk with other owners.
Morning PDX_Empress:
I may have answered and had the wrong name, so this could be a repeat. There is an EEE group on Face Book, "Triple E RV Enthusiasts". Also "Classic A Coaches". Enjoy.
604-302-1300
Old 03-01-2021, 05:54 AM   #36

Triple E Owners Club
Had my 2000 Regal in Algonquin Park in early January. -8 degrees Celsius during the day and -16 at night. Never felt a thing! Furnace was loud and condensation but totally comfy!
Old 03-01-2021, 05:55 AM   #37

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Morning JoenBev:
Nice looking unit. I like the colours. Ours is a darker brown and is really hard to keep clean. About the only complaint I have.
604-302-1300
Old 03-03-2021, 05:49 AM   #38

Hi trud, I know what you mean about the condensation... We had ice all over the inside of our windshield each morning behind the privacy curtain that covers the windshield. I guess that's the only single pane glass in this coach.

Hey fourwinds, thanks for the rv compliment. For a 16 year old machine the paint and fiberglass on this unit looks great. Nearly like new. My only issue is I get some white streaks down the sides after heavy rains. I did some internet research on these fiberglass roofs and decided to clean, prep and paint the top with the rustoleum, fiberglass, above the waterline boat paint. The roof looks ok so i hope that fixes the streak problem. We'll see and I'll report back . I'm guessing its okay but will ask... is there any problems with a 230lb guy walking all over these fiberglass roof?

Enjoy the journey guys.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:04 AM   #39

WOW that -16*c is really cold!! That's 3*f ...that i can relate to ��
Old 03-04-2021, 06:49 AM   #40

Triple E Owners Club
I’ve never seen a weight rating for the roofs but I’ve seen videos with two guys on the roofs of trailers and RV’s doing repairs etc... with no issues, and ours are built at least that strong.

I’m 200 and the roof doesn’t even flex.

If that helps.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:35 PM   #41

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenBev View Post
Hi trud, I know what you mean about the condensation... We had ice all over the inside of our windshield each morning behind the privacy curtain that covers the windshield. I guess that's the only single pane glass in this coach.

Hey fourwinds, thanks for the rv compliment. For a 16 year old machine the paint and fiberglass on this unit looks great. Nearly like new. My only issue is I get some white streaks down the sides after heavy rains. I did some internet research on these fiberglass roofs and decided to clean, prep and paint the top with the rustoleum, fiberglass, above the waterline boat paint. The roof looks ok so i hope that fixes the streak problem. We'll see and I'll report back . I'm guessing its okay but will ask... is there any problems with a 230lb guy walking all over these fiberglass roof?

Enjoy the journey guys.
Afternoon JoenBev:
I get the same streaks on mine but they seem to wash off. I read somewhere the is a wax you can use also and am thinking of using that at some stage. If you leave the streaks on to long, apparently they can stain the finish but I am washing mine often enough that it does not seem to be a problem. Call Triple E and ask them about the issue of being on the roof. On the RV or house my rule is only go up if you have to. Having said that if I was doing some work on the roof and was concerned I would lay a piece of plywood down to stand, kneel or sit on. I would be more concerned if two people were on the roof working on one area then I would definitely have plywood down.

I have found the same, the thermal pane don't even seem to sweat, having said that, we have not camped in that cold of weather. When we have been in colder weather I have put one inch Styrofoam in the windshield or you could use any thing else that would do the same job like a quilt. In our last m/h I hung a quilt over the door and did that ever make a difference especially in the wind. If you can run a fan to help circulate the air to get rid of the drafty corners.

Yes keep us posted. Nice to chat. Stay safe and healthy we want to get as much traveling as we can out of our EEE's. Maybe see you on the road.
604-302-1300
Old 03-13-2021, 06:06 AM   #42

Well we made it home safe and healthy, thank-you for the warm regards. Unfortunately our fridge decided to retire on us with 2 days left on our trip... could have been worse but now the cooling unit needs to be replaced. Thanks to the many good write ups here on irv2 I have the old one out of the cavity and the new cooling unit should be here in < then a week. The fridge does NOT fit out of the door with the cooling unit on so the replacement needs to be done inside the coach.

The first pic shows the yellow substance at the base of the heat tube... according to irv2 people that know a lot more than me, that is the leaked out ammonia which means it needs to be replaced. A rebuilt amish unit cost $550

The white streaks down the side seem so minor all of a sudden LOL I'll post a few more pics of the progress as I get through this. Sorry for the sideways pics... I'm trying to figure out how to fix that too. Stay safe.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210309_135449.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	321109   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210312_092107.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	321110