Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2023, 06:45 PM   #1

Angry Trouble with Dish For My RV

I am once again having difficulty with my Dish system and the Dish Company in general.
I am trying to re-activate my Dish system and unable to reach anyone at Dish in any department unless I wait on hold for 102 minutes!!!
Yes, that's correct 102 minutes, but "My call is important to them".
Last night I was given the option for them to call me back which they did, they took my credit card info, and I did have service last night.
Tonight, no service and my Visa Statement does not show the payment made yesterday!
Oh yes, I am advised it is now a 108 minute wait.
If I try to access my account online, I get a message that Dish has been hacked and I can not go any further.
Have I just entered the Twilight Zone, and it's time to cancel Dish and save my sanity, or am I just missing something here?
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2023, 06:58 PM   #2

They did indeed get hacked and last I heard, refused to pay the ransom. They are just one of the several large companies hacked this year already.
This happened the end of Feb and they were still dealing with repercussions last I heard, and trying to catch up.
You can read all about it if interested.
I have had Dish for my home and RV for years, and haven't found a better alternative for the price yet.
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:00 PM   #3

We are right there with you! We have the hybrid account. A residence due to expire and the Hopper for our RV. We have to contact Dish to change our location. We can’t. We were told over 300 minutes wait two days ago! My husband is ready to cut our losses. The customer service has been awful.
DesertRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:02 PM   #4

Foretravel Owners Club
We [Wife] sat on "Hold" for about 90 minutes before she was able to talk to someone to change our location.. [for now, doing it "on Line" You are just SOL.
Have patience, they are doing the best that they can... and now I find that some of the Fox affiliates are once again playing the BS game over how much they want dish to pay them...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:08 PM   #5

I plan to be patient. So far, all the inconvenience has been not being able to get locals when we move. I can handle that for awhile. I refuse to try Direct again as they are horrible for RVers.
My travel friend got all kinds of pissed off at the situation and paid for a Starlink setup and several streaming packages. Not good financial sense to me, but it works for him.
Old 03-19-2023, 09:28 PM   #6

I’ve been on hold multiple times this past week for about two hours each time, trying to activate my Wally for the RV. Given the Wally number and smart card number and still nothing. Pretty frustrating.

They were doing call backs but that didn’t last long.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reprobate View Post
I plan to be patient. So far, all the inconvenience has been not being able to get locals when we move. I can handle that for awhile. I refuse to try Direct again as they are horrible for RVers.
My travel friend got all kinds of pissed off at the situation and paid for a Starlink setup and several streaming packages. Not good financial sense to me, but it works for him.
I have Direct TV in my coach and very happy with it. No problems getting support. I also use a Winegard digital antenna to bring in local channels everywhere we go. I dropped Dish a few years back because they stopped broadcasting Fox Sports… I love watching Cardinals baseball and Blues hockey.
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:48 AM   #8

There is already an ongoing thread on this issue here...

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/is-d...nk-606308.html
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:57 PM   #9

Yep, nothing new. took a week of calls every day and about 2 hours each time but mine is working now.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:03 PM   #10

Let's add one more laughable aspect about doing business with Dish.
I called in today to oder the local channels.
Once again, a 90 minute wait, but they did offer a call back.
I finally got the call back 2 hours later, asked for the local channels and the agent said I will transfer you to the correct department!
As expected, I was placed on hold for 10 minutes.
I just hung up and said forget it.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:29 AM   #11

Just a note, this isn't just a Dish issue. I've had Direct TV, Spectrum (sticks and bricks) and now Dish. They all go through the re-negotiation of networks, along with temporary black-outs. Horrible customer service and tech help. Raising good customer's fees while slashing costs to attract new customer's. And now ransom attacks. Pick your poison and expect to be disappointed eventually. Not the way it should be, but it is.
Old 03-25-2023, 08:08 AM   #12

With all the streaming options available these days, why do folks continue to use satellite TV options? It seems kind of like continuing to get your music on cassette tape.

Just curious.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 03-25-2023, 08:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
With all the streaming options available these days, why do folks continue to use satellite TV options? It seems kind of like continuing to get your music on cassette tape.

Just curious.

Not all of us RV in areas with any cell signal at all. The only option is satellite for tv (Dish) or internet (Starlink).
I would say 80% of our RVing is done in areas with no signal.
Old 03-25-2023, 09:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post

Just curious.

Because wfi is not available everywhere, where it is not all wifi can provide the bandwith to stream. Most providers have data caps making the cost to pay for unlimited, uncapped fast enough wifi to stream plus the cost of the streaming services added to this make it as expensive as satellite. Satellite service is available everywhere. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish