Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 12:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I have looked at this card and I do not like two facts.
One is it is linked to your bank account. OK, that you can fix by setting up a separate smaller account just for the use of the card.
Two is they will not let you have the card without your social security number. NO ONE get mt SS number except for my employer. Why would you want your SS number setting on one more database that could be hacked?

I asked TSD and they have a sorry answer that does not hold water in my book. Be very careful who has your personal information. I guess I will not have a TSD card.

Ken
The SSA, the IRS, and a myriad of other government agencies have your SS#.

Every employer you have ever had as well as most of the insurance companies they used have your SS#.

Any financial companies you have used have your SS#.

Your SS# will not be further compromised by TSD having it.
bentjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2022, 01:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCaminoManT View Post
I signed up for their program after our PNW trip last year but have not yet used it as San Diego doesn't exactly have many truck stops. I do have the Pilot rewards program and that helped a little on the trip. We're doing an Oregon trip in July, this time with my Duramax and a toy hauler instead of our DP and I've already been planning the fuel stops on the way. Looks like most of the stops will be at the TSD stations along the 5 however there are no stations along the coast on the 101. I figure the savings will offset what we have to pay on the 101 so it works out. Running the card at the pump vs going inside each time for the truck pumps will be a nice change as well. Figure that convenience in itself is worth signing up!
Make sure to check prices on your Open Roads app as you indicated. Fuel prices in Oregon vary widely and you don't get the same discounts like in other states if you're not careful. I travel I-5 up/down Oregon frequently. Almost always find the TA just north of Eugene to have the best prices. Not the fanciest or even cleanest of places but it's not awful.
DockmasterAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:56 PM   #17

Quote:
One is it is linked to your bank account. OK, that you can fix by setting up a separate smaller account just for the use of the card.
Two is they will not let you have the card without your social security number. NO ONE get mt SS number except for my employer. Why would you want your SS number setting on one more database that could be hacked?

I asked TSD and they have a sorry answer that does not hold water in my book. Be very careful who has your personal information. I guess I will not have a TSD card.

Ken
That's certainly your choice to not have the TSD card and pay full price. I suspect that today, anyone with hacking tendencies and knowledge can get your SS number if they wanted to. As mentioned above, a number of entities already have your SS number. I along with many others do not see the problem and appreciate the discounted fuel.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:50 AM   #18

Quote:

Ken

Equifax already leaked everyone’s ss# a couple years back. It’s already out there.
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:56 AM   #19

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
Where is auto correct when you need it
I was meaning 5.69 a gallon before discount.
I think I need another drink
NEEEMOE... NEEEMOE Coffee!
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 02:16 PM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There is more information that can be garnered than you can imagine.
Look up the word "XKeyscore" for what can be had of your private information.

Any one know their Big Brother?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 10:28 PM   #21

Today the Open Roads app suddenly did not have the TA/Petro stations listed that have been in the app and the previous EFS app for at least 2 yrs. Instead, there is now a QuickFuel location that was not there before now. The QuickFuel would be fine in a smaller vehicle but is not convenient for a larger rig.

I guess it will be Tues before I find out if there is a hiccup in the app or if TSD is no longer offering discounts at TA/Petro. I hope they weren't dropped by TA/Petro like they were with Pilot.
TiffinUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 11:03 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
T/A and Petro are both still showing up in open roads app for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
TripleGGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 11:17 PM   #23

Thanks. Maybe by Tues I can find out more info from TSD.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:14 AM   #24

TA is still showing here but the price jumped $.30/gal since I bought it last week. All the local stations dropped the price $.10/gal.
JSM180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:08 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
That's certainly your choice to not have the TSD card and pay full price. I suspect that today, anyone with hacking tendencies and knowledge can get your SS number if they wanted to. As mentioned above, a number of entities already have your SS number. I along with many others do not see the problem and appreciate the discounted fuel.
We get good fuel prices off the main drag at Walmart and other places that match the fuel card discount. I have an auxiliary tank and can generally travel two days on the fuel on board. When I park the trailer and we go out for dinner or supplies, I'll fill up the truck. If need be, I'll drop the trailer in the parking lot, get fuel and rehitch. It is not hard to do this.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:48 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
TSD Card

Quote:
We get good fuel prices off the main drag at Walmart and other places that match the fuel card discount. I have an auxiliary tank and can generally travel two days on the fuel on board. When I park the trailer and we go out for dinner or supplies, I'll fill up the truck. If need be, I'll drop the trailer in the parking lot, get fuel and rehitch. It is not hard to do this.

Ken

I agree, It is , When we had a pickup with an aux tank and trailer/ 5th wheel. That’s mostly how we fueled. We got fuel after disconnecting when we went out for dinner etc at any station we wanted
Someone who has a 45’ motorhome towing a car hauler or even a towed has , a slightly different problem. That was , I think , the original target audience. DP owners were the ones who told me about it in the beginning
Old 05-30-2022, 10:43 AM   #27
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep! If I unhook the TOAD I'm still 43 feet long. Not going to work unless the fuel station has pumps parallel to the road. Like I stated, I saved $42.42 at TA station last week for 57 gallons of diesel.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 03:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffinUser View Post
I guess it will be Tues before I find out if there is a hiccup in the app or if TSD is no longer offering discounts at TA/Petro. I hope they weren't dropped by TA/Petro like they were with Pilot.
Following up, I received my invoice from TSD and sure enough, TA/Petro in Sparks, NV is dropped. I paid full price + out-of-network fee. I had checked the app sometime during the week but not the day of fueling. Guess it's a bad idea to pre-plan fuel stops more that several hours in advance.

TA/Petro has been a convenient stop in I-80 and I'm sorry to see it dropped. It's odd since there are other TA/Petro's in the Western States on the app but this particular one has been dropped.