Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2022, 07:13 PM   #29

Petro Raphine is one of my favorite stops. Always best price in the area and easy access
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2022, 02:47 PM   #30

Just finished a trip this past week. About 1200 miles and used only the card. Saved about $140.00. Used only TA stations.
Have had the card since 2019 and never had a problem with them in regards to the withdrawals for payment.
Ronpat525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:57 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
I don't know how people function in this world

I have over 30 ACH's setup on my accounts. TSD is a trucking company to start with. This is not a mom and pop operation.....they realized an unmet need and a way to make money at the same time...the American Way.

I have never had an issue with any of my ACH withdrawals....

IT COST YOU NOTHING AND IF YOU DON'T NEED TO USE IT DON'T!

If you want to save some money use it.....if you walk around all day worrying about someone raiding your bank account....THEN DON'T SIGN UP.

As most people have stated it is a discounted price....the best discount...don't know but just check the app and look along your route.....BUT for us the most important problem that it helps me with is being able to do the following.

1. App where I can check prices along our route.
2. I can use the Diesel Lanes without having to go into the truck stop
3. I can activate the pump before I even get out of the coach

Good Luck...Stay Safe!
Old 07-03-2022, 03:08 PM   #32

They are a reputable company. I've used them for about 3 years. I need the truck pumps at the truck stop to fill my tanks on either sides. I haven't found a downside to the TSD fuel program. Here is the current discount closest to me. Worth it to me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1747.PNG
Views:	23
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	370025  
mike5511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 03:12 PM   #33

I’ve used it for 3 years no problems. So easy to use the truck lanes and pay at the pump.
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:25 PM   #34

If I had your rig I would pass. I avoid the big boys because it takes too long to get through those pumps. Then if the truckers want to play games they don't pull up and you wait longer. Shop around for a credit card with 5% or larger cash back on gas purchases. Then use gas buddy. I have found diesel $1 cheaper just a half mile away from the highway. I use Sams Club, WalMart and Bucees most of the time.
rkbeasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:49 PM   #35

Yeah, why get 10-20% discount when you canget 5%. ��
mike5511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:21 AM   #36

TSD Questions

I too have had no issues. In my past life, we used TSD with thousands of semis. I had no reservations and have no concerns.

The one issue I didn't see anyone mention is the ability to complete a fill without switching credit cards due to bank limits on gas station purchase authorizations.

There are few gas stations (with the exception of Marathons) where I will take my 42' DP + toad... so it's truck stops for me.

Kevin
KPMullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 06:56 AM   #37

I have a 2005 class C Born Free 24ft RV. I got the card, but as previous posts said, I couldn't use without an adaptor. I got one, but I really don't feel comfortable using it with the high speed unless I really have to...

And be very careful, some places take it, but aren't part of the program, in which case you get charged the regular price, plus a fee...(had that happen to me at a truck stop)

Also, those lines can be long! Lol

I no longer use due to the above. 🤷
Thelma jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:12 AM   #38

Yesterday I saved $1.004/gallon using my TSD card at a TA station in Jackson, GA. Fuel was posted at $5.559, TSD discount was $4.555. After 0.65 station charge and 10% to TSD, my cost was $4.739 per gallon.

Pretty decent savings. Bucee's, about 20 miles away was $5.059/gallon
xyzabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:15 AM   #39

It may be an age thing, but if I set up a separate account for each bill that I have deducted from my checking account, I would have about six or seven separate accounts.

I've had TSD draw from my account from the first week that I found out about it here. Never had issue one. I also use EFS for my trucking business and, again, never an issue.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:20 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
This morning I came across an article on the TSD card program (see here) and read through it. I have seen posts concerning this on a lot of RV forums, and read them, but I was still left with some questions, so I thought I would ask here.

OK. The article explained how it works. You use a TSD card at stations that support the program and the parent company applies a discount to the purchase and draws from you specified bank account to cover the costs. I guess I understand the basics, but ...

I have always been a bit leery of allowing companies to draw directly from a bank account because if they draw more than they were supposed to I then have to go through the process of getting a refund. I always thought it was easier to take care of over charges on a credit card because then I only have to challenge the charge and not worry about getting a refund. So, first question, has anyone who uses TSD seen any overdraws? And, if so, has it been much of a hassle getting the refund?

Next, one of the things I have noticed is that the truck stops I generally see when traveling charge considerably more than the smaller stations. When we drive through southern New Mexico I pass multiple truck stops where the diesel price is often 30 cents/gallon more than smaller stations. When driving through Texas Love's, which was mentioned in the article, always is noticeably higher than competing stations. So does the discount make up for this cost difference?

Basically I guess I am asking if using the card is more trouble than just using regular fuel stops. And, if so, is it really worth the trouble? Our RV is a B+/C on a Sprinter 3500XD chassis and we generally get about 17 mpg when not pulling a toad, and 14-15 mpg with a toad. We put on about 12,000 miles a year so given those parameters is it worth using the program?
We have used the TSD card since we found out about it.several years ago. We set up a special account for it. When you leave the pump you should receive a message on your phone as to how much the actual bill is. ( within an hour ) We then transfer that amount from our checking to this special account. The $$$ usually stay there for 24 to 48 hours before TSD withdraws. Is it worth it ? No doubt !! This card has saved us thousands of dollars over the years. Not one problem of any kind !!
J. W. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:03 AM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95f5334j View Post
Your questions might be moot. Does your Class B Sprinter have a large fill tube like those on a DP? If not, you'll need to purchase an adapter to utilize the larger pump nozzle and then be able to manage the high speed delivery through the adapter at the truck stop pumps.

Unleaded Gasoline nozzle: outside diameter - 20mm
Auto Diesel nozzle: outside diameter - 24mm
Truck Hi-Flow Diesel nozzle: outside diameter - 30mm
The Sprinter will accommodate the high speed diesel nozzle. It won't accept the high speed delivery rate, however, so you need to hold it by hand or latch on the first notch on the pump nozzle. I've got a Sprinter and have used the high speed pumps frequently without any problems.
Old Top Kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:59 PM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
TSD Card

As with others we have a second checking account that is only used for things that auto withdraw and debit cards for online shopping. Keeping balance at a minimum.
As for fears of using TSD. I work for a company that uses them exclusively. Their fuel bill runs in the 4 million a day range. Mega Trucking Company. If there was funny business as what happened with P/FJ the corporate auditors would be all over it. Personally, we’ve had our TSD since they first came available to RV’ers.
Follow the big trucks as far directions of travel. Pump promptly, pull up to the line after fueling if you need to go inside. If inside more than about 15mins park out of the fueling lanes. Courtesy goes a long ways.
glen-bob is offline   Reply With Quote