Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2022, 06:51 AM   #43

Leery? Use a Visa as the payment method. One that gives you cash back. 👍

Or, set up a separate bank account to have fuel money only in it.

As for the prices you are pretty much correct. But, the truck stops offer confidence to fueling, getting a bite to eat, propane fill and the rewards program that earns you free showers and purchase discounts. The less expensive fuel stations ….. for those reasons, it’s why I prefer the truck stops.

With all the fuel related apps, why not check several and go to where you are best served. If you don’t need a propane fill or a hamburger then by all means use another fuel station. Where to get fuel is like asking which tire is the best.
Classic6200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2022, 08:55 AM   #44

Link to TSD

After reading this forum, I want to open a TSD account but when I did a search for TSD, I was directed to a site called Open Roads.

Has TSD changed its name? Can someone post a link on I join TSD?

Thank you ahead of time.

PS; great feedback by all. I truly appreciate it
Johnny Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 09:44 AM   #45

https://openroads.fueldiscountapp.co...l/registration
Sherpa Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 04:45 PM   #46

Open Roads is the name of the discount program (and the name of the phone app to find fuel prices). The program is administered by the company TSD Logistics.
Old 07-08-2022, 06:34 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Law View Post
After reading this forum, I want to open a TSD account but when I did a search for TSD, I was directed to a site called Open Roads.

Has TSD changed its name? Can someone post a link on I join TSD?

Thank you ahead of time.

PS; great feedback by all. I truly appreciate it
Like already mentioned, Open Roads is the name of the app and the RV fuel program from TSD Logistics. Also FYI, when you get your card it will actually be from EFS and say TSD Logistics Inc. as well as Open Roads on it.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:51 AM   #48

I wish my truck needed fuel today with this discount. Funny how the pump price hasn't changed, but the discount has increased dramatically.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screengrab-20220708-054604.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	370476  
Old 07-08-2022, 08:55 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkjavelin View Post
I wish my truck needed fuel today with this discount. Funny how the pump price hasn't changed, but the discount has increased dramatically.
I am seeing similar discounts. Hoping the discount continues and prices settle back to last year's level. We can dream!!
Old 07-08-2022, 05:43 PM   #50
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don't forget the caveat that the price lissted on the app may not be what is given at the discount. Prices change, but it is still a good discount. My personal favorite is TA. My previous reported discount for TA was $42 off from the pump price.

My last purchase at TA was $165.55 with $19.35 off of that price for $148.79. There are a few transaction fees but they are minimal.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 07:30 AM   #51

OK. So I guess that the truck lanes are probably not a good place for me to fuel with the Sprinter chassis due to the pumping rate. I can easily get into and out of most stations even when I am towing. But if the TSD card is not a good fit for me how about the Gas Buddy card? Is anyone using that?

Perhaps I should start another thread for that as I am not sure that people who use it will be following a TSD thread, but the FAQ section of the Gas Buddy app leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

Does it work with diesel? The FAQ question says gas, not fuel, so I am not sure it works with diesel.

Is there any way to know which stations offer discounts? And, if so, how much they are offering?
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 03:46 PM   #52

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
OK. So I guess that the truck lanes are probably not a good place for me to fuel with the Sprinter chassis due to the pumping rate. I can easily get into and out of most stations even when I am towing. But if the TSD card is not a good fit for me how about the Gas Buddy card? Is anyone using that?

Perhaps I should start another thread for that as I am not sure that people who use it will be following a TSD thread, but the FAQ section of the Gas Buddy app leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

Does it work with diesel? The FAQ question says gas, not fuel, so I am not sure it works with diesel.

Is there any way to know which stations offer discounts? And, if so, how much they are offering?
Just a reminder.. You may want to check the inside diameter of your fill pipe..The truck pumps are high volume with a larger diameter nozzle.. Altho I have seen RV/Hot Shots/Pickup Trucks pump on the big truck islands for the smaller fill pipes ..They normally are the island closest to the building.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 05:03 AM   #53

I've used TSD twice and 'saved' about 5-10 dollars on $800. Wondering if I'm missing something.
nbaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 05:45 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaran View Post
I've used TSD twice and 'saved' about 5-10 dollars on $800. Wondering if I'm missing something.
Be sure to use the Open Roads app on your phone to see which locations offer the best discounts. Typically it will be TA and Petro with the best discounts. Is our 2nd choice as they will only have $0.20 a gallon discount.
MemByTheMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 07:40 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaran View Post
Are you using the App?
Are you fueling at in-network stations?

At 800 gallons and only saving $10 that is about $0.01/gallon discount. Even with the lowest discounted price I have seen at an in-network stations has been at least $0.10/gallon. Right now the lowest discount at the 5 stations nearest me is $0.28/gallon.

I did fuel at an out of network station yesterday. Often times I will see a small $0.05-0.10/gallon discount. Not only did I not get any discount, but I paid $1.65 in fees to use my card. On the flip side, I did not have to go in the store, I got to use the high speed pumps and pump DEF and I did not have a $$$ limit cut of at pump. They were also within a few pennies of any in-network station near me, but not along my route.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 06:22 AM   #56

I have the app and that's how I found these places. I called TSD and said some places don't have as good a discount. So far I'm 0 for 2. Also, when we were in Michigan, the representative said they don't have a lot of contracts with stations in Northern Michigan. I'll try it a few more times but I'd like to see more savings.
nbaran is offline   Reply With Quote