Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Question TST TPMS - Silence when sensor missing (no TOAD)

Hello,

I bought four more sensors to put on my TOAD. When I travel without the TOAD am I going to have to hear a beep each time the console can't find those four sensors? I noticed at one point when first using the TST that one sensor wasn't found so it beeped each time it sequenced to that sensor. I turned the console off then on and it picked it up again. So now I'm wondering what will happen if I don't have my TOAD and the console is looking for those four sensors?
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2017, 12:48 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
There's two buttons you press on the monitor to toggle the trailer/toad monitoring on and off. I'm not near the rig to tell you which ones but you can find that info in your instructions, or someone will likely chime in shortly with the right stuff.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #3

YUP--press mode button and + or - buttons at same time to enable or disable monitoring of towed sensors when not towing......
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #4

Mine doesn't beep unless a sensor that it has been monitoring doesn't report in. So if you turn it on and the toad isn't around to find in the first place, it won't beep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Hello,

I bought four more sensors to put on my TOAD. When I travel without the TOAD am I going to have to hear a beep each time the console can't find those four sensors? I noticed at one point when first using the TST that one sensor wasn't found so it beeped each time it sequenced to that sensor. I turned the console off then on and it picked it up again. So now I'm wondering what will happen if I don't have my TOAD and the console is looking for those four sensors?
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:59 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotspike View Post
Mine doesn't beep unless a sensor that it has been monitoring doesn't report in. So if you turn it on and the toad isn't around to find in the first place, it won't beep.
Thank you. I'll have to figure out how to set these four as toad as well. Will be setting it up tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:42 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Tst tpms

You CAN PRESS AND HOLD the Mode and Minus, and the toad tires will disappear. To pick them back up Press and Hold the Mode and Minus again. More importantly do you have a Repeater? It sounds like you are experiencing drop out and need our Repeater.

Thank you,

Mike Benson
TST Sales Manager
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #7

Hi Mike! Still very pleased with TST after over a decade! Don't think the OP has even tried the sensors on his toad yet, if I read it correctly, so doubt he has dropout issues yet... ST

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:12 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Good info and I re-read the manual when I got to my coach and that topic was outlined. Thank you!

I did have one sensor on the rear axle (forward of the tag axle) that wasn't reporting in so it beeped which is why I created this thread to ensure when the toad wasn't installed I would not hear constant beeps. Cycling power on the display resolved that issue. Hopefully I won't need a repeater but I'm aware you have one and will see how things go.

Many thanks! Very pleased with the TST system.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:56 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I have the TST 507 with non flow through's on the toad. It works fine without the repeater. No signal dropped.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:01 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm still not getting rear tires of the toad so I bought the repeater. It has to be wired into a 12V source. Anyone have a suggestion on where I could/should wire it into near the back of my coach? 12V source suggestions that I guess I need to splice into?

Thanks
Old 07-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I spliced mine into one of the overhead lamps in the bedroom slideout. I think some also wire into a closet light.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Good idea. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:14 PM   #13

You can also cheaply buy a plugin 110v to 12v converter and just splice the two together if an outlet is convenient
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #14

That assumes your 110v outlet is served by an onboard inverter and hot while traveling.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad