Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2021, 01:30 PM   #1

TV - Movies - Preloaded hard-drives - 1000 HD movies for $200

- I have home movies of our cruises and trips over seas
- At our former home I had a hard drive with the home movies plugged into the smart TV
- I upgraded our RV TV to a smart TV with two USB inputs
- I was looking for a hard drive made host home movies on a TV & also WIFI accessible so you don't have to unplug it to add a movie
- While researching I ran across movie hard drives that are pre-loaded with good movies on ebay ... I assumed they were illegal
- But I saw similarly that hard drives are available on Amazon preloaded with movies
- I believe the link below is a new 2T hard drive preloaded with 1000 HD movies for $200
- Why would you buy DVD with a single movie on it if you can buy 1000 movies for $200
- I haven't pulled the trigger ... the adage is if it is too good to be true it probably is
- You would think if your off camping & you have 1000 movies to choose from, you'll probably find something
- Has anybody done this?

https://www.amazon.com/External-Driv...3784806&sr=8-3
swduns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2021, 01:57 PM   #2

We 'rent' DVDs from Library for 2 week periods
Actually that are FREE

We pickup 5-10 DVDs at a time
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:29 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do the ads say if there are commercials embedded in the movies?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:48 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One thousand high definition movies for $200? Who's selling these, Harvey Weinstein? I think your first instinct that if it's too good to be true might be spot on. Unless of course the movies are public domain which means they're no longer subject to copyright and therefore copies are free to possess. Just because it's listed for sale on Amazon does not mean it's legitimate. Amazon sometimes does a poor job of vetting vendors. Anything similar listed for sale on ebay is almost guaranteed to be a bit dodgy.

The other issue is HDD compatibility with the software media players in televisions. My TVs in the coach and at home for example do not recognize a hard driver larger than 1 terra byte
Old 06-15-2021, 06:40 PM   #5

The Amazon return policy is very limited on electronics/computer stuff.
I doubt the veracity of this product. The add states is a HDD, however the description states: flash memory solid state????
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:16 PM   #6

I never thought of this, let us know how it goes if you decide to purchase and where it was from. I might be interested also.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:34 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
The Amazon return policy is very limited on electronics/computer stuff.
I doubt the veracity of this product. The add states is a HDD, however the description states: flash memory solid state????
The move from spinning platters for hard drives has been going on for at least 10 years now. Solid state "drives" which may have a similar physical shape, and connector style as an older style drive with moving parts are in the majority of computers now, and they are in fact flash memory, solid state.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:07 PM   #8

I'd imagine the 1000 movies are like cable and satellite channels. Sure there are plenty of them but how many would you actually want to watch?
Old 06-16-2021, 12:08 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I'm sure these are bootlegged copies of movies from countries that don't have a problem breaking the law.

I may not like 99% of what comes out of Hollywood, but I respect their right to issue crap.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:30 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
There are thousands of free movies that no one wants to watch readily available through multiple streaming services. Go browse through those and see if you can find $200.00 worth of no internet connection screen time. If you have internet you don't need the hard drive.
https://enjoying-life.net
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote