Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Very random topics, but thought I would share:

Tried new "waterless car wash" product:
We are staying at a campground that does not allow washing of rigs. We drove a few thousand miles to get here, so my baby was a bit dirty. A guy pulled in last weekend that had some waterless car wash product. As a guy that use to have show cars, I was a bit skeptic, but after doing my whole coach, I am a convert. Stuff was surprisingly great.

Time Magazine Article on RVing:
In this week's Time magazine, there is an article about fulltimers. The article is pretty light, but the real cool part about it is that Ang and I are mentioned The author did an hour interview with us, then did a bunch of follow up emails. Guess that somehow condenses into a paragraph... Link to article here - Home Sweet Motor Home - TIME Magazine

Thats all - just thought I would share -

--kevin

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Very random topics, but thought I would share:

Tried new "waterless car wash" product:
We are staying at a campground that does not allow washing of rigs. We drove a few thousand miles to get here, so my baby was a bit dirty. A guy pulled in last weekend that had some waterless car wash product. As a guy that use to have show cars, I was a bit skeptic, but after doing my whole coach, I am a convert. Stuff was surprisingly great.

Time Magazine Article on RVing:
In this week's Time magazine, there is an article about fulltimers. The article is pretty light, but the real cool part about it is that Ang and I are mentioned The author did an hour interview with us, then did a bunch of follow up emails. Guess that somehow condenses into a paragraph... Link to article here - Home Sweet Motor Home - TIME Magazine

Thats all - just thought I would share -

--kevin

Old 11-11-2007, 12:12 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Kevin,
I was hoping you would share the link to the Time Magazine article. Thanks! It turned out nice and captured a few different lifestyles and reasons for fulltime RVing. We are sooo close and sooo ready!

As for the waterless car wash product, can you name the brand? I'd be interested since areas go through water conservation cycles and it might be easier than dragging out the water hoses.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tried new "waterless car wash" product: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the name?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Kevin,

Great read, thanks for sharing with us.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The waterless car wash product is DWG International's "DRI WASH 'n GUARD". I bought it from Phil & Connie Hargin. They have a fifth wheel pulled by a HDT (Peterbuilt I believe). I tracked them down by their blue light - they have a Datastorm and I contacted them from the DS map.

What I liked about the product is that it has a wetting agent in it, so when you spray it on, it moistens the surface, then you wipe it off, taking the dirt and stuff with it. You then buff it out - much like you would with a spray on quick detailer solution. I used it on the paint, chrome and glass, and everything is sparkly fresh now

--kev

((I am not involved with the product in any way other than a user - paid full retail and get nothing from passing along the name))

Old 11-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Many years ago we were using Dri Wash-n-Guard and thought it was pretty good. THen several years ago my dad was in a campground that a guy had another brand. After talking with him he found out the man sed to distirbute the Dri Wash-n-Guard but had found some gentlmen with another similar product. He ended up joining up with them if they would change their formula a little to improve it. This product was called No Wet but a year or so ago has been renamed to Envy. It is a very good product and I have found it to be easier and better than the Dri Wash-n-Guard. If you get a chance to try, Do.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for that Mike. I will look that up to see what I can find. It is a lot of work to go over the whole coach inch by inch, but I am very happy when it shines. Anything to make it a bit easier would be nice.

--kev

Old 11-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #9
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would like to try a waterless cleaner, but, I can't shake the feeling that the surface will get scratched by the grime that is being wiped off.

Any enlightening thoughts?

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #10
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
The product Kev has soumds a little like the cyclecare product I use on my Wing. You simply spray it on and wipe it off I use micro fiber cloths and on a hard bug splatter on the paint or windshield I simply spray it again and rub a bit harder, Afterwards you can use a liquid polish to take care os any nicks or scratches. I have had the bike 3 years and washed it with water once a year and it looked new until I had to lay it down.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adj:
I would like to try a waterless cleaner, but, I can't shake the feeling that the surface will get scratched by the grime that is being wiped off.

Any enlightening thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No enlightenment, but I had the same concern. I am very scratch-conscious, and that was why I waited so long to try it. After using it on some pretty soiled areas, I am confident that it does a good job of lifting the dirt away.

Like Jim, I also use microfiber towels. When one gets dirty, I change it out. I use one for cleaning, which gets pretty moist with product, then buff with a clean towel.

I cleaned some pretty dirty areas, and no scratches. I figure that if I get worried about it being too dirty, I can always take a microfiber with some water and wipe it off first. But, that may be the same as using the solution anyway...

--kev

Old 11-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #12

Well...I USED to use Dri Wash 'n Guard. At first I was pleased to be able to keep my stuff clean looking. But...after about 3 years the paint on my Toyota PU seemed to be 'erasing', and you could see the red primer under the black paint in some areas. As far as I can tell the MH didn't suffer the same problem, but I wasn't going to take that chance. Now I let 'er go dirty until I can find a hose, bucket and water. I am convinced that regular washing and waxing could have saved my trucks finish. Do what you want, but it's not for me.

Gary
elgarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:57 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Thought I would find a photo of coach; it is 4 years old in this photo.

Next time I clean it up I will take pics and post some. Don't hold your breath as I may not get to it till next spring or summer. It is now 8 years old and still looks the same except for the front end bus armor shows its miles.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 AM   #14

I've been using the Dri & Wash product for a couple of years with no scratching. I first take a clean wet towel and go over the surface then wipe dry. This takes away any dust then I apply the Dri & Wash product.

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote