Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2021, 03:49 PM   #57

Get one of these for your RV.
You might need it sometime.
I hope not, but it’s better than a weapon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NKSPR8...v_ov_lig_dp_it
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2021, 05:09 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Pilot/flying J station on north side of Beaver
Old 03-07-2021, 03:37 PM   #59

RE lot lizards. Long ago corrupted appropriation of Lap Lizard. You can figure it out. Even the Professional Drivers finally did!
Old 03-07-2021, 04:31 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
RE lot lizards. Long ago corrupted appropriation of Lap Lizard. You can figure it out. Even the Professional Drivers finally did!

Perhaps this pic...
Old 03-07-2021, 04:35 PM   #61

Left Cottonwood AZ March 3rd 2020 on a dead run to homebase in PA. The roads were empty with the exception of the long haulers continuing to move products throughout the country. I felt bad fueling up because I figured I was in their way.....never a bad word from any of them. Driving over those four days was one of the most eery things I have ever done....no one and I mean no one was on the road. That was the most uncomfortable I have ever been on the road.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:24 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
Left Cottonwood AZ March 3rd 2020 on a dead run to homebase in PA. The roads were empty with the exception of the long haulers continuing to move products throughout the country. I felt bad fueling up because I figured I was in their way.....never a bad word from any of them. Driving over those four days was one of the most eery things I have ever done....no one and I mean no one was on the road. That was the most uncomfortable I have ever been on the road.
Well hope you didn't have to pass a parade of wiggle wagons! Those can be tough to drive past while passing or when they are passing you! But nothing like rockin in the easy chair while rolling in a convoy!

Its about time we invested in infrastructure and created the world's best intermodal distribution system for goods using the hub and spoke model used in goods flow by many corporations. The advantages are many and plain to see for the nation, public and the workers there in.

Its disheartening to US with over a half a million or so dead American bodies the proof is stark but as they say logic and truth are elusive to cults and some. Though it is heartening to see that the lies about COVID-19 are being ignored by most Americans and preventative measures taken seriously by most. A perfect storm was unleashed due to ineptitude, but with responsible response patterns we can make it through and come out ahead. Global collaboration on that and many fronts will lead to a better economy as has happened through history. Boeing makes fighters but it makes passenger airplanes too for global economies bigly. GM makes military equipment as does Ford but they are global brands too. Rational thought processes and policy will win out over illogical policy any time, though the costs can be high.

Lets all be vigilant and safe by minding the safety for all of US!
Old 03-08-2021, 05:40 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Lover View Post
Perhaps this pic...
So truckers and their CB radios with poor audio corrupted the term with an a and a p to one with an o and a t. One cruises the truck stops and the other cruises the rest stop facilities looking for victims. It was a big problem some time ago.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:59 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
So truckers and their CB radios with poor audio corrupted the term with an a and a p to one with an o and a t. One cruises the truck stops and the other cruises the rest stop facilities looking for victims. It was a big problem some time ago.

Right you are. Have some friends in LEC and at the BBQ they have some real crazy stories, which are so fictional sounding but they assure me they are real! Its simply sad to see how low, low can get for these ladies, but some do it by choice, others are leveraged by the pimp which BTW is a a profession carried out by both males and females as is the practice of lizzarding! The worse is to see high school and college age kids in the business they say. The profession takes a huge and fast toll on the practitioners and is generally is no return prophesy. Very few escape the clutches of that profession if any.

That CB medium and vocabulary is a neat subculture, though these days having stopped my lead foot affliction of young adulthood has freed me from the need to ask them how's it looking over your donkey?! And thankin them for letting me know to smile for Kojack with a kodak when I pass mile stick zzz. Radar detectors were a great augmentation but nothing beats a smokey report from the truckers. Now I am again thinking about a radar detector which alerts when an emergency vehicle is coming up to you so that I can make way positively for them! There is an Emergency Vehicle detector only I was told some time back but I havent checked lately. Some vehicles are so sound isolating/proof that one can barely hear the siren till its right on your tail! Well keep the sunny side up and rubber side down... Happy Truckin. A month ago donated off a brand new CB with all the accouterments to the Salvation Army as I really do not need much more than Google Maps and a cell phone.

Hey perhaps a Ham radio license? Any Hams on here that can shed some light on the latest licensing and technology processes?
Old 03-08-2021, 07:49 AM   #65
GBB

Headed home 3 years ago in late February and stopped in Watson Lake for the night. Our TC was winterized and we were hoteling it. Got up early the next morning went down to warm the truck up, it was -30, and here’s this guy walking around in the parking lot obviously still drunk and only wearing pair of carhart coveralls. Started and locked the truck went back to room and opened curtains to see him standing next to driver window looking in..told wife let’s go didn’t know if he was gonna try and break in or what. Got down to truck and he was gone. As we were leaving he was across the parking lot. That was one tough dude or he had enough antifreeze in him in that weather...
GBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:11 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGarcia View Post
I have experience two encounters that I can remember. One while refilling the propane tank and one in a Walmart parking lot. Both the same scheme. The characters start off by looking my RV over and starts telling me how great it looks and how wonderful to own the rig. The compliments just keep coming. BTW, the first time I was driving my old 91 Holiday Rambler that well was showing its age. They are just trying to hook you. Then after he thinks he has you pulled in, the sob story starts with them asking for ask for money. Anybody else experience this?
Yes, at the very least 1x every trip. Usually 2 or 3x, all across the country. But then we RV 3 or 4 months at a time and put on a lot of mileage. If it looks like the guy walking up is going to ask for money I don't even give them a chance, I just say I don't have any cash but will be glad to call the sheriff, who has a special fund. It works. But I try to not be ugly or mean about the rejection, just matter of fact.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel