Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #29
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is the old sealant that came out from around the original horn, they sure did not skimp with it

The air horns themselves are installed they just need some final adjustments to make them level

The pump and tank are mounted

And the air hose is finally ran from the horns on the roof to the tank in the forward cargo bay but not finished

The time is right it did take over an hour to get that one airline in from top to bottom.

As you see I'm not going big bucks for a inverter just something for the front and rear TVs. I'm just going to run heavy duty extension cords from the inverter to the front and rear TVs. A short under two feet power cords from the house batteries to the inverter. Maybe someday I'll go bigger but I really don't see the need for it.

See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2015, 05:14 PM   #30

Looking Good John
Old 03-05-2015, 07:07 AM   #31

New owner haning me the check for my 93 Pace Arrows Diesel Pusher. She has been a great coach, going to miss her. The 07 Discovery will keep me busy.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
It was clear coated and the paint codes were on a decal in the front of the bedroom closet along with weights and some other information

It looks like we have the same colors.
looks like the same gvw's as my excursion...have you towed with it?
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #33

nice work!
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #34
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
looks like the same gvw's as my excursion...have you towed with it?
I tow a 08 Lincoln MKX about 4500 lbs just about 100% of the time and I don't see any problems with it. I stay with in the 65 MPH bracket to keep the owners manual happy.

There's no problem with a steady 7.5 MPG over extended periods of travel except for one trip with the catalytic converters off and it dropped to just over 5 MPG

Thank you all for the compliments.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #35
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
NO more TV cabinet droop!

Now for the extremely minor droop on the drivers side I'm half tempted to not even do it but now that I know what size screws to use I might pick them up tonight or I'll be going right by Menards tomorrow.

Driver side done as well

Old 03-11-2015, 09:04 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm really impressed. I'm starting on some upgrades and updates to my new to me Newmar Kountry Star. I'm curious about your inverter. If you don't mind my asking, what brand is it and what size? I was thinking about doing about the same thing. I was thinking either a 600 or 1000w MSW unit. Are you using 16 or 14 ga extension cords to the TVs? Could you give a bit of detail on how you are running the cables? Thanks!
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:23 PM   #37
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
1K Trip=Lite MSW.

It is mounted in the compartment below the passengers seat, the batteries are in the next bay to the rear and the front TV is not too far away above and to the side of the passenger.

I got a regular HD extension cord for the front TV with three lite outlets nothing fancy which will be run up the windshield corner post.

I did run a regular cheap extension cord to the rear TV and let it run for about three hours just to check it and the cooling fan in the inverter never came on, I will be running a bigger HD cord to the rear for the final installation plus one on the kitchen sink wall coming in the stairs with a regular 120 looking outlet.

I'm replacing the 32" TV in the front because it will not turn on with any inverter I have tried with it but it works fine on AC. According to the internet this model TV has a reputation for a bad power supply after a few years. It will just cover the hole.

14ga 15amp 25' extension cord for the front like I said the three power outlets light up when plugged into power.

Rather than make new frame work around the TV I'm going to put a 40" outside the framework to cover it up.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #38

John , Well I brought my PA home today and after following your threads I tackled my drooping cabinet/panel over passenger seat and got it fixed today . Thanks for posting it gave me confidence I could do it myself.One fix done now to figure out how to raise the outside walls and reattach them to the chassis
Old 03-12-2015, 08:20 PM   #39
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's good to hear. I started on the drivers side this evening I just could not let it go.

How did you get your cabinets back up into place?

edit;

Have you got any pictures of your wall, maybe start a thread about it in the Fleetwood Forum it could be a model deficiency that someone else has already tackled as well.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:18 PM   #40

Hey John I used a Dust Barrier pole to push the cabinet back up pole It worked very nice got it snug under cabinet pulled the only screw left holding it too outside wall the cranked it up tight and added 3 new screws
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet3.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	88448   Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet1.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	88449  

Click image for larger version

Name:	psovrhd.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	88450  
Old 03-12-2015, 09:56 PM   #41
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If it's any consolation we are were not the only ones with drooping cabinets
Old 03-13-2015, 06:20 AM   #42
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is another on going project that is almost complete. I made the amateur mistake by cutting the panel open to gain the needed additional space for the install. I noticed too late in the installation that the front panel was removable with minimal time expended especially with a screw gun

This was a high priority to me on my must have list a surge protector, Glendinning 50 electric cord reel, and a Onan Automatic Generator Start system but it's all in there now and all systems are operational. I would have hated to pay the installation bill for all of it

A few smaller earlier projects the screen door first got the extra interior door closing handle mounted in the higher position where the MCD shade is now located and in hind sight it was not in a good position for my wife. It is now in a better position for both of us being mounted low

The grass skirt is similar to what's used on UPS trailers up here and in the winter you can see the ice build up on them and while I don't use mine in the winter I can see in the mirrors they do a great job of controlling wet road spray. Judging from the past years it seems to be doing great controlling dings as well

Tags
pace arrow, ace