Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
The only problem you are likely to have is when your tyres need 110psi and the rig pressure is 105psi and just sits there and the compressor takes ages until the compressor cuts back in. If that happens you can either waste some air, or have the copilot cycle the brake pedal to bleed enough air to get the compressor pumping again.

FYI I think he addressed or solved that issue in the second video.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #16
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
The only problem you are likely to have is when your tyres need 110psi and the rig pressure is 105psi and just sits there and the compressor takes ages until the compressor cuts back in. If that happens you can either waste some air, or have the copilot cycle the brake pedal to bleed enough air to get the compressor pumping again.
I just bleed off the air by partially disconnecting the gauge assy from the air line until the compressor kicks on again. One of these days I'll install the bleed valve!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Just made a quick trip to Harbor Freight and picked up everything I needed to build this for $20, minus the gauge which I already had, and put it together. Works great and will make it a lot easier getting the tires aired up even if I use my compressor at home.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I can't be bothered with using the Cummins engine just to air up my tires.

By the time I drag out the 50 foot hose, hook it up to the air supply fitting in the driver's side fuel/LPG bay compartment, start the engine, rev it up over 1000 rpm and build the pressure up to 120 psi, and then having to keep the engine compressor running so you have enough PSI, THAT is way too much work versus using my portable Husky 155 psi compressor.

Get the compressor out, plug it in and turn it on. Connect up the clamp-on air chuck and let the air begin! A good compressor, various air chucks and a good calibrated air gauge is all I need.

My fronts are at 105 psi and my rears are at 110 psi. The Husky does a fine job plus it get used for many other tasks besides just airing tires.

I still carry that 50 foot hose but it has not seen the light of day since I first tried using the on-board sir system.

Now for those that don't have the room to carry a compressor, then I guess the engine compressor would be the next best idea for airing tires.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
I made one up today and it'll also work on the little three gallon pancake compressor I have. That compressor has to often build up air pressure in a similar manner to the onboard compressor.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, tires