Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #29
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It's one of my pet peeves, those that can't won't move their finger 1/2 inch.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman07 View Post
Ah geez, and here all along I thought most people didn't use their turn signals because there was some kind of state tax based on how many times the light flashed... Oh well, as I am always telling the wife, wrong again!
I was guessing that turn signals were an option and people didn't pay for them. Then I thought maybe people were afraid that they would wear out so they didn't use them. They wanted to keep them operative in case they ever "needed" them. Another thought is that they always go that way and therefore don't need to signal. Everyone around them should know where they are going.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Turn signals? I'm old school and the only problem I found with making proper turn signals is getting the window rolled down in time to stick my arm out to indicate which way I'm turning or if I'm going to stop. I drove a 2 ton Postal step van in Las Vegas for just over ten years, I got a couple of horror stories on making turns.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #32

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
About 7-8 years ago I took the AEON RV-Safety course.

Now... I do not fully agree with the instructor (What I believe is "your millage may vary state to state") Since we are talking about traffic laws and if there is one Given, it is that each state has different laws (And some that are the same).

He siad 400 feet if over 40 MPH as I recalled..

But again, this is a many year old memory

(And 100 under 40)

My general policy is close enough that nobody thinks I'm turning into a drive way BEFORE the intersection.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Haven't you heard, not using your turn signals increases the trade-in value of your car!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #34

I always tell my wife that Darwin's law would take over and deal with poor driving skills if these people were sent to Germany for one day to drive on the AUTOBAHN.
But seriously, the authorities are partly to blame they should not only focus on speeding.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
I always tell my wife that Darwin's law would take over and deal with poor driving skills if these people were sent to Germany for one day to drive on the AUTOBAHN.
But seriously, the authorities are partly to blame they should not only focus on speeding.
Really...
It's seems that's the only thing they even attempt to enforce? Improper lane usage, turn signals, et all, why not more enforcement there?
Old 10-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #36

I just assumed that no out of state vehicles in Florida have turn signals on them.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeRevell View Post
Turn Signal misuse (or no use!) is one of my pet peeves, as is misuse of turn lanes! I have been nearly hit when trying to turn left in a turn lane (clearly marked) only to have the moron in the through lane with NO signal on suddenly turns across the turn lane into me! I guess the blind are allowed to drive now....?

I no longer trust any driver. Always be ready for them to do the wrong thing.
Being of an young 72 age, the only thing I have found constantly to stay the same... is change itself, as like a sudden non signaling lane changes, drastic speed changes, crowding by driving on the white line or driving on the fog line, Hmmmmm to think about it...nothing has changed since I was sixteen when I got my license

But If yaaaa see an old gezzzzer driving slow in the fast lane with his ball cap on sideways and his head cocked to the side as if asleep, just do as the other motorists do to me....give me a wide berth LOL
Jwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #38

Driving rules are goals NOT requirements! :-) :-)
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #39

I'm teaching my daughter now and I tell her that cars behind her should see the turn signal before the brake light. It's meant to indicate your intention to turn.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In my area there seems to be an inverse relationship between turn signal use and the cost of the car.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Watch the guy in the middle of the back seat as he is the one that is giving directions. Jim
Old 10-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #42

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Really...
It's seems that's the only thing they even attempt to enforce? Improper lane usage, turn signals, et all, why not more enforcement there?
Oh, I have been given a ticket for failure to use my turn signals when turning.. problem is .. I did not turn, I was following my lane and did not even change lanes.. The judge was not at all pleased with the officer, That was #2 out of #3 charges the judge had to dismiss, and She did not like dismissing tickets.. If it ever goes to 4, the officer will be the defendant in a civil case and I think big when it comes to damages (At least 15,000 times 2 for interest).