Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2022, 06:58 PM   #1

Using chemical guys products on rv

So i love to detail my stuff. I have tons of chemical guys products. I. Wondering if anyone has used the chemical guys waxes or top coats for there rvs. Any pros or cons. Im getting a new rv on monday and want to protect the finish. I dont want to buy any more products if possible. Any info or suggestions are welcome though! Thanks -Whingnut
Whingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2022, 07:10 AM   #2

Lots of previous threads on this subject. Lots of different recommendations.

I would not use a wax. I am too lazy to remove and replace one or two times per year.

I put Poly Glow on my fiberglass TT a couple of years ago. It made getting the bugs off the front easy. It is still working today even though the recommendation is to reapply it once per year. It does not yellow. It does not peel or otherwise require removal before applying a fresh coat.

Someday I may hire a young person to reapply.

https://poliglow.com/

Get the kit. Clean correct tools are vital for a good job. Follow instructions exactly. It is not a wax. It needs to be applied according to instructions.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 12:24 PM   #3

Just the wording "chemical guys" turns me off.

We always used 303 products that are safe for painted RVs and treating rubber/vinyl.

As full-timers and not able to wash the RV whenever we wanted we used 'The Solution' while parked on a campsite. You don't need a hose and running water which some campgrounds won't allow. We used water in a bucket; changed often and got the road dirt off the bottom half on the RV and then applied the easy wipe-on 'The Solution'. When we were at a place where we could use a hose then we did a good washing and then applied 'The Solution' over the whole motorhome. When we sold it after 8 yr. of daily use it looked brand new and never waxed it.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 01:41 PM   #4

I use their Pink car wash product on my RV with good results. I dry it with a leaf blower, and use car guys hybrid wax twice a year (goes on everything). I don’t get any water spots and the wax provides UV protection. The wax also making getting the bugs off easier.
ChesterRVs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 03:07 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I really like Chemical Guys and use their products on my RV. I especially like the foam cannon stuff with ceramic in it. I have no idea if it's the absolute best, but I really like using the foam cannon. We use other products also, like Wash Wax All and 303. We do a good waxing twice a year and the rest of the time we do maintenance cleaning with wash/wax products. This has worked for us for a very long time with both RVs and boats.
Old 08-14-2022, 04:27 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've used Chemical Guys products for a few years, and am happy with the results. Had good results with thier Jet Seal, easy on, easy off. I've also used Starbright boat polish for minor oxidation on the front cap of my 5th wheel. 303 on the roof, plastic and rubber.
GPCPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 08:14 AM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistent View Post
Lots of previous threads on this subject. Lots of different recommendations.

I would not use a wax. I am too lazy to remove and replace one or two times per year.

I put Poly Glow on my fiberglass TT a couple of years ago. It made getting the bugs off the front easy. It is still working today even though the recommendation is to reapply it once per year. It does not yellow. It does not peel or otherwise require removal before applying a fresh coat.

Someday I may hire a young person to reapply.

https://poliglow.com/

Get the kit. Clean correct tools are vital for a good job. Follow instructions exactly. It is not a wax. It needs to be applied according to instructions.
Thank you for your honest review of our products. We do recommend, for optimal results, to apply a maintenance application every season. At some point, we recommend no later than five years, Poli Glow be completely removed with Poli Strip and then reapplied. We do have detailers that specialize in the application of our products, I am happy to recommend someone. Reach out to me at info@poliglow.com
PoliGlow is offline   Reply With Quote