Originally Posted by twinboat
Dielectric grease does NOT conduct electricity.
Key word is non-conductive. Don't use it on the electrical contact points of a plug.
Dielectric grease doesn't NEED to conduct electricity, and being non conductive is exactly why it is used. An electrical bond should be metal to metal, not metal to conductive grease to metal.
Conductive grease is fine on a single connection, batteries, cables, etc. It becomes problematic as connections get closer together, because it conducts. RV power plugs have the added consideration of buildup over time from multiple users.
I've seen people on here advise it's use on headers on circuit boards, a post in this thread said use it on Cat 5 connectors. Conductive grease is for large discrete connections, dielectric grease works better on other connections because it isn't conductive- build up, misapplication won't conduct power where you don't want it.
If it works for signal voltages in vehicle electronics 120v is NOT going to be a problem if you make a proper connection.