Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2023, 11:58 AM   #1

Using National Vehicle to Sell Your RV

Hello,

Has anyone used National Vehicle (https://nationalvehicle.com/), or know anyone who has, to sell their RV? They are telling me that for $699 they will market my RV, screen the inquiries that come in and make their money on the financing. Please share your thoughts and/or experiences.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob
TrainerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2023, 06:59 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I'd see how many RV's are actually listed on their site. I searched for a DSDP and found 1. I'd try RVTrader.com which everyone knows and has tons of vehicles for sale.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 04:59 AM   #3

Thanks for the feedback..

I will give that a try.
TrainerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 05:48 AM   #4

This was a couple of months ago and if I remember correctly I believe I called on a 5th wheel that was advertised on RVTrader or RVT.com thru National Vehicle. The person that answered my phone inquiry gave me very limited info on the RV but did give me the phone number of the seller. I called the seller to find out his rig had sold.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 10:57 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
I also wanted to know if anyone either buying or selling had used National Vehicle. They are persistent once you contact National Vehicle for information regarding selling your RV. I am wavering on whether to sell my 2009 Winnebago Destination, got some pricing information from National Vehicle that sounds good, but I can't find anyone who can give me a recommendation good or bad about them.
Old 04-10-2023, 11:01 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Here’s a link to some previous threads which may help.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Nati...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 11:35 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I don't have any experience with them, but a couple of things make me a bit skeptical.

• If they get $699 up front, they aren't just making their money on financing. And if their marketing consists of posting a photo on RVtrader.com, they aren't investing much time or effort.
  • A really good way to entice sellers is to suggest an attractively high selling price. If it's too high to bring in many buyers, they still got paid up front. And who knows maybe you & they will get lucky...
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 06:20 PM   #8
NXR

They seem to respond to BBB complaints so that may give you some insight: https://www.bbb.org/us/ne/omaha/prof...392/complaints

While a flat $700 is enticing, they're probably not going to spend more than that to market your RV.
Old 04-12-2023, 01:29 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

They can list your RV on RVtrader for $79 (less if they get a dealer volume discount), so they make money right up front. They have some additional expense for "filtering" inquiries, but your fee and hundreds of others supports a small staff to do that.

The extra cost of that filter may be worth it to you... or not. Some people get really frustrated with inquiries from tire kickers and oddballs. It's your time and sanity...
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, national vehicle, rv marketing, sell, sell rv